Old 6th April 2010, 16:59   #6061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I got v23.002

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post1807084

Here is a list of the free and pre-installed apps that I have:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post1808191

I also found Beta Labs pretty interesting - they have a bunch of innovative apps / ideas, mostly for Symbian phones.
Thanks! Even i upgraded to 23.002. Here is the link to step by step guide. It is easy and flawless.
Old 6th April 2010, 22:21   #6062
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Just upgraded/downgraded from N82 to E52 [needed better battery].

It's only available in grey market as of now, but definitely more than worth the price of 11k.

Looks mean and sleek .

With a 600mhz processor, this is one FAST phone, for business applications.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:32   #6063
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine wants to get a BlackBerry handset. However, she is least interested in getting push mail activated (basically no BIS/BES). However, having a QWERTY keypad is of paramount importance, since the phone will be mostly used for texting and Facebooking.

She wants to know whether a BB can be *as effectively* used on a Vodafone Mobile Connect (i.e. Advanced GPRS plan) as it works on a BB plan? Any restrictions/limitations by using it this way?

P.S. All other QWERTY handsets get ruled out, since she has used E71 and E72 already. And she doesnt want Motorola, Samsung or SE. So that leaves Nokia or BlackBerry.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:37   #6064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I finally got the nerve to hack my brand new E72 - no, I have already hacked it with HelloOX2 and ROMPatcher+, but this was something else.

I changed the region code from the Indian version's code it came with to the Australian / New Zealand version's code - this is to get the firmware version 23.002, that was not yet released for the Indian version. I used Nemesis Service Suite for this.

All went well, and the new software seems to be doing good as of now. The (irritating) time delay that was there when you choose to create a new SMS message seems to have reduced. And there are two new themes - Purple personal and purple business. The firmware is about ~140 MB ins size though, and was not available OTA. Had to do it via the NSU software, and luckily had a fast (1 Mbps) internet
A friend told me 3 most irritating bugs in E72. Have these been resolved by the firmware update?
1. Bluetooth connection with the headset drops intermittently, as if in a world of its own
2. Space key stops working at its own whim and fancy. The only respite is to restart the phone/do a battery pull
3. Optical Navi Key sometimes stops functioning, even if the setting is set to 'ON'
Old 8th April 2010, 10:07   #6065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
A friend told me 3 most irritating bugs in E72. Have these been resolved by the firmware update?
1. Bluetooth connection with the headset drops intermittently, as if in a world of its own
2. Space key stops working at its own whim and fancy. The only respite is to restart the phone/do a battery pull
3. Optical Navi Key sometimes stops functioning, even if the setting is set to 'ON'
No, it works very well with my JVC KW-AVX826 HU. Even 2) doesn't happen to me. I agree with Navi key issues, but it is working good after upgrading the firmware.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:47   #6066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
No, it works very well with my JVC KW-AVX826 HU. Even 2) doesn't happen to me. I agree with Navi key issues, but it is working good after upgrading the firmware.
I have heard that it disconnects intermittently from BT headset, dont have any first hand reports of pairing with HU.

Is the new firmware upgrade out for India?

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 8th April 2010 at 10:49.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:14   #6067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Even i upgraded to 23.002. Here is the link to step by step guide. It is easy and flawless.
Its simple, isn't it?!! Wonder why the blokes at Nokia wont release the firmware neat and proper and keep us from hacking

Quote:
Quote:
I have heard that it disconnects intermittently from BT headset, dont have any first hand reports of pairing with HU.

The BT problem is fixed with the new firmware for sure. I earlier had problems when connecting to my FH-P800BT. All seems to be fine now, and it connects flawlessly with my car HU as well as my Moto BT handsfree.

I never had the space key problem till now, not sure if I upgraded the firmware too early. Neither have I faced problems with the Optical Navikey - it gets slow / stuck at times - especially with the stupid Lotus Traveler / Sametime, but nothing else.

# 2 & #3 could also be a HW problem. I suggest that you backup the phone, follow the steps in the link posted by @Funda2Max, reset the phone to factory, restore the backup and then see if things are fixed. Else revert back to stock firmware (have not tried that, though) and take it in to Nokia with the two complaints.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:03   #6068
BHPian

Quote:

No, It is not released to India. But i managed to hack with India code which i got from other sources.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:31   #6069
BHPian

heating E72

Quote:
I purchased a Nokia E72 from Mobilestore two days back and it seems to have some issues in 3G network. It heats up very very quickly in 3G network and can't able to talk or hold the phone more than 2-3 mins. Has anyone experienced the same problem? Please advice.
I have begun to notice heating up in my E72 too, especially when I use GPS or Google Maps. Did your problem get solved after you changed your handset?
Old 9th April 2010, 10:38   #6070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I have begun to notice heating up in my E72 too, especially when I use GPS or Google Maps. Did your problem get solved after you changed your handset?
I got my phone replaced by Mobile store, the new phone doesn't heat up much compared to the old phone. But, i can still feel the heat while talking.. I should go to Nokia care and check that out soon.
Old 9th April 2010, 11:30   #6071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got my phone replaced by Mobile store, the new phone doesn't heat up much compared to the old phone. But, i can still feel the heat while talking.. I should go to Nokia care and check that out soon.
Interesting. I have spoken for hours on the phone and yet have not felt it to be heating up any more than normal. And "normal" here is from my previous experiences with various phones I have used.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:27   #6072
BHPian

Guys, which is the best sub-10K phone in the market currently? Please suggest both Nokia and Non-nokia phones. Thanks
Old 9th April 2010, 13:16   #6073
Senior - BHPian

I think there is nothing that can be put under the blanket of best phone, various phones cater to different needs of people, please list down your requirements so that people can help you out
Old 9th April 2010, 14:47   #6074
BHPian

Well it's not for me, it's for a friend.

Here are the requirements:-
1. Has to be sleek (so E63 is out)
2. Decent battery life
3. Good sound reproduction (much better than my E71 at least)
4. Min 3.2MP camera, higher preferred.
5. Good for browsing the web.
6. Not fussed about getting a touchscreen and other flashy stuff
7. Not much of a gamer either

Cheers
Old 9th April 2010, 15:31   #6075
Senior - BHPian

Guys I finally got the Nokia 5230. It has 90% of the features of N 5800. I got it exchanged for my Sony Ericsson(phew!! finally got rid of that)
Some details:

Model: N 5230
Price: Rs. 8300.
(-)Exchn: Rs.(2800)
Final Price: Rs. 5500

Also got a magnetic screen-gaurd for Rs. 200/-
PS: This one came with a USB cable but no memory card.

All in all it is one amazing phine and I am loving it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks