Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 16:18   #5986
Senior - BHPian

Problem solved.

Went to the center again, after making a few calls they said they will need to replace the Sim. After replacing, the network is back
Old 5th March 2010, 20:21   #5987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Problem solved. ...
Aal ij well that ends up in the well!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Airtel website says that free usage upto 2 GB is available for a monthly rental of Rs.98 ...
Airtel Best Value Offers & Plans
Had a terribly confusing interaction with an Airtel customer care person on this one.

He said 'unlimited browsing, 2GB limit on download', so I asked him what is the difference. 'If you browse any amount it is free. If you download ringtones, wallpapers, songs, that is download'. What about Flash scripts, PDF etc. within the browser page? 'Flash is browsing, PDF is download'. Go figure!

OK, what about emails? 'Unlimited'. What about email attachments? 'Sir that is download'!

What about tethered modem? 'Unlimited browsing. Download limit 2GB'.

Haven't figured out yet whether I should take it or not!
Old 5th March 2010, 20:28   #5988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Had a terribly confusing interaction with an Airtel customer care person on this one.

He said 'unlimited browsing, 2GB limit on download', so I asked him what is the difference. 'If you browse any amount it is free. If you download ringtones, wallpapers, songs, that is download'. What about Flash scripts, PDF etc. within the browser page? 'Flash is browsing, PDF is download'. Go figure!

OK, what about emails? 'Unlimited'. What about email attachments? 'Sir that is download'!

What about tethered modem? 'Unlimited browsing. Download limit 2GB'.

Haven't figured out yet whether I should take it or not!
I had a terrible billing issue with Airtel the last time i used their GPRS and i de-activated it as the discussion was heading no where. So, although this deal is sweet i won't be taking it due to the lack of transparency and lack of knowledge of the customer care people .
Old 5th March 2010, 21:19   #5989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
I had a terrible billing issue with Airtel the last time i used their GPRS and i de-activated it as the discussion was heading no where. So, although this deal is sweet i won't be taking it due to the lack of transparency and lack of knowledge of the customer care people .
Got mine activated in four hours as they said !
Now browsing m.team-bhp.com using it.
Old 5th March 2010, 21:21   #5990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Got mine activated in four hours as they said !
Now browsing m.team-bhp.com using it.
Great JK. Please update here if the GPRS billing is alright when your next bill comes.
Old 7th March 2010, 23:52   #5991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Guys need your inputs on an issue faced with my n72. My phone simply hung last week and no matter how much i try , it just boots up displaying the main screen, but then after that nothing else works. When i make a call to the phone, it doesnt ring either. What could be the problem here and how do i rectify it ? Could this be an issue with software? Anyone else face this issue ?
Try a hard reset-

WARNING: All data stored in the phone will be lost!

- Turn off PIN code requests.
- Charge the phone fully.
- Turn off the phone.
- Put the phone on a table.
- Press the green (dial) key, * key and 3 at the same time and keep them pressed down.
- While the keys are still down, turn the power on.
- Do not release the three keys until you see the prompt for the home city.

This will force a hard format of the phone and restore factory versions of all files in the phones memory storage.

If this does not work, take it to a Nokia service center
Old 8th March 2010, 23:09   #5992
Senior - BHPian

Got the E72. I am loving it. Small queries:

1. How does the GPS thing work? I see it working only when I am online.

2. I have the Gmail and Opera mini Apps installed. It doesnt seem to ask which internet connection I want to use before connecting. While my E51 always did. Is this a phone issue. I selected the "always ask" option under internet settings. Its works on the inbuilt browser, but not on opera mini and gmail app.

3. Cannot edit a to-do to a future date. Says the alarm is past. E51, I could easily edit to a future date.

4. Does the E72 support a facebook and fring app? I could find only for N97 thru ovi store.

5. The included cable was damaged, couldnt connect. Used a spare and connected instantly.

6. How does Ovi score over PC suite? I regularly use PC Suite to back up data on the E51. However when I restored to E72, many contacts headings became defaulted. For example, number added as mobile-shop was defaulted to mobile business. Original content on the E51 couldnt be restored on the E72.

7. My software version is 021.024. Is that the latest?

Last edited by mail4ajo : 8th March 2010 at 23:13.
Old 9th March 2010, 16:42   #5993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post

6. How does Ovi score over PC suite?

Congrats. You will love the phone more and more as days pass.

Regarding GPS, ask your reseller to configure it. They know the insider shortcuts to make such features work correctly. You and I will succeed only by trial and error.

Regarding PC Suite vs Ovi, In future Nokia will replace PC Suite with Ovi once it becomes bug-free. Right now Nokia softwares are confusing and irritating. They need to improve them in a hurry.

Regarding software version, yes. Though 23 has been released worldwide, 021.024 is the latest for Indian E72s.
Old 12th March 2010, 08:02   #5994
Senior - BHPian

Got myself a Fly circle for 3450 as backup from the neighborhood guy. Now my Nokia BH 104 is not being discovered at all. While my laptop and GPS are. This is irritating.
Nokia Support Discussions - BH-104 Bluetooth Handsfree Headset pairing with iP... - Nokia Support Discussions also says the same.

I am irritated. any ideas?
Old 12th March 2010, 18:50   #5995
BHPian

Anyone used the Peek email device? Aircel has launched it for 3K with unlimited email for 299.
Old 13th March 2010, 01:34   #5996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post

2. I have the Gmail and Opera mini Apps installed. It doesnt seem to ask which internet connection I want to use before connecting. While my E51 always did. Is this a phone issue. I selected the "always ask" option under internet settings. Its works on the inbuilt browser, but not on opera mini and gmail app.

3. Cannot edit a to-do to a future date. Says the alarm is past. E51, I could easily edit to a future date.

4. Does the E72 support a facebook and fring app? I could find only for N97 thru ovi store.

5. The included cable was damaged, couldnt connect. Used a spare and connected instantly.

6. How does Ovi score over PC suite? I regularly use PC Suite to back up data on the E51. However when I restored to E72, many contacts headings became defaulted. For example, number added as mobile-shop was defaulted to mobile business. Original content on the E51 couldnt be restored on the E72.

Guess we have to meet for the rest, but yes - the India version only has 21.024 as of now
Old 13th March 2010, 13:19   #5997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Guess we have to meet for the rest, but yes - the India version only has 21.024 as of now
Can you help me also?

I have a one month old E72. I am unable to use it for fetching mail from my Yahoo account, though from my Google account I can.

Are you too facing a similar problem with Yahoo servers in Chennai?

PS- I use postpaid BSNL 3G connection.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:47   #5998
Senior - BHPian

Lovely review frankmehta, see the last point which may be of interest to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
-- Proximity Sensor: Samsung forgot this one. HOW, I can't believe!! My chin dials numbers of people I don't want to, while I talk to someone else. HIGHLY undesirable. The hardware lock button comes to the rescue, but one wouldn't want to lock his screen every time he picks up a call.
I asked this to a colleague who worked on this project this is a mass market low cost phone so they have to remove something to save cost.

Quote:
--Calls: The earpiece on the phone is loud. Reception is one thing I would like to complement. Generally, a phone with so many features would be excused for slightly average (or below, sometimes) call quality/reception/signal strength, but Samsung (and Google) has worked SO hard on this aspect that it has to be complemented.
Well its Samsung , Google is platform provider just like MS in case of Windows Phone and Call quality is a matter of modem , configuration calibration.
Quote:
--Multitasking: BOON time again. The Android OS alongwith the STARTLINGLY fast 800 mhz processor, alongwith the 128 mb of RAM (who said that's less????)
The processor is Samsung SC64010 which is ARM11 at 800 Mhz as against Qualcomm MSM7200A which is again ARM1 at 533 Mhz in case of other andorid phones this is the reason for low cost and better performance.
Quote:
--Application Market: Appstore becomes application market. Fast to use, breezy downloads, great descriptions and reliable to install. Installs in the background while you hunt for other applications. (apple, learn something from here!) The search button works here too, so does the background download and install of apps. I have had 6 apps download and install simultaneously and STILL the phone didn't feel a wee bit slow while browsing for more apps. As of now, only free apps show (in India) and this should be addressed soon.
This is not something which device manufacturer control , Android marketplace senses the handset /country region and presents the view which is more appropriate so you will not see the Applications which are specific to other locales ( typically navigation) or may involve payment issues.

Quote:

--Firmware support is slightly iffy. Hope we get an upgrade soon!
--I would love to install APPS on my MMC. I don't want to 'root' my phone just for that!
You will get an Eclairs upgrade in April , this device does not support FOTA ( Firmware upgrade over the Air) so you need to do it using PC suit.
With this upgrade you will get latest Android version and also ability to run apps from SD card.

PS : I am Architect for another mobile phone platform ( not Android) so nothing I wrote above is cast in stone but it is highly likely as per current status.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:59   #5999
BHPian

Official upgrade to Android 2.1 is now released for the Samsung i5700

News Source:
Samsung i5700 Gets Official Android 2.1 Update
Old 17th March 2010, 16:04   #6000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Official upgrade to Android 2.1 is now released for the Samsung i5700

News Source:
Samsung i5700 Gets Official Android 2.1 Update
This is just announcement release is next month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks