Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2006, 09:43   #571
BHPian

i use the nokia 6680 and the samsung d600
Old 3rd March 2006, 10:17   #572
Team-BHP Support

dev, it still has it's bugs. Steeroid has been really heloing me here.

I have been unable to upgrade the firm ware but the version that came with my O2 is 20060123B1WWE so I think it is the latest version anyway.

O2 refuses to register my handset saying that the IMEI number is not recognised wierd since it bought it from an O2 authorised dealer.

Issues I still have:
a) very slow camera. it takes forever to load. and the flash is not auto.
b) low battery life but that might be becuase I am now using the same device for a phone, camera and PDA and I am spending time tinkering with it.

I guess once I complete teh learnign curve these 2 issues might be resolved. at my age the learning curve take more time.
Old 3rd March 2006, 11:01   #573
BHPian

Nokia Phones are the best phones made ever

What i like most is the nokia 9300 & 9500 .
Old 3rd March 2006, 12:09   #574
BHPian

well i use a nokia 9300it has all the features its a communicator looks sexy and not a big piece like a 9500 , and ya waiting for nokia nseries n91
Old 4th March 2006, 04:03   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_bikelover
well i use a nokia 9300it has all the features its a communicator looks sexy and not a big piece like a 9500 , and ya waiting for nokia nseries n91
N91 is big. Just saw a working phone last week. All steel kinda. Phone is heavy and feels inside the pocket. Display is bright nad the sound through headphones is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone
Nokia Phones are the best phones made ever

What i like most is the nokia 9300 & 9500 .

9300 and 9500 are easily trumped by most of the other pda phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
dev, it still has it's bugs. Steeroid has been really heloing me here.

I have been unable to upgrade the firm ware but the version that came with my O2 is 20060123B1WWE so I think it is the latest version anyway.

O2 refuses to register my handset saying that the IMEI number is not recognised wierd since it bought it from an O2 authorised dealer.

Issues I still have:
a) very slow camera. it takes forever to load. and the flash is not auto.
b) low battery life but that might be becuase I am now using the same device for a phone, camera and PDA and I am spending time tinkering with it.

I guess once I complete teh learnign curve these 2 issues might be resolved. at my age the learning curve take more time.
Did you try calling these people up?

India Repair Center
Accel Icim Systems & Services Ltd
Murugesa Naicker Office Complex Road
132, Grems Road
1st Floor, Hussain Mansion
Chennai 600 006

Repair Hotline: 044-52015183

or try this link

http://www.seeo2.com/support/templat...vm/_country/in

Just FYI the 2 main characteristics of a smartphone are

1. Low battery life(never run more than 2 days under any case)
2. Lots of problems. ITs kind of fun to deal with them.
Old 5th March 2006, 23:47   #576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Did you try calling these people up?
India Repair Center
Accel Icim Systems & Services Ltd
Murugesa Naicker Office Complex Road
132, Grems Road
1st Floor, Hussain Mansion
Chennai 600 006
Repair Hotline: 044-52015183
2. Lots of problems. ITs kind of fun to deal with them.
i tried talking to Accel but they are clueless. Steeroid told me about a newer ROM upgrade that helped a bit but the camera is still awful slow.
Old 6th March 2006, 10:53   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i tried talking to Accel but they are clueless. Steeroid told me about a newer ROM upgrade that helped a bit but the camera is still awful slow.

Its surprising that the authorized people are clueless. Try going to the shop owner and ask him the reason IMEI is not showing up. If he is a genuine seller then he can direct you to the right place to ask questions. Ask him where he got the piece from.

A 2mp camera on a phone takes time to work. I dunno how yours is running but usually it takes 5 seconds for the camera to load and around 5-8 secs for the pic to save. If the times of your camera are near to this then its perfectly alright. Otherwise its slow.
Old 6th March 2006, 11:01   #578
Team-BHP Support

5secs is about what it take but it seems like 60 secs! :-)

why so long. my 4 yr old Canon G2 (4MP) takes 1/10 that time.

I got the following email from O2 today.

Dear navin,

Thank you for choosing O2!

Due to overwhelming response of the latest release O2 Asia mobile device - XdaAtom, the portal team may experience some delay in IMEI updating in the system. Helpdesk will highlight this online registration failure feedback and your device IMEI number to the relevant channel for follow-up review and possible update. You may also wish to try online registration again within 2-4 weeks time.

For your information only, all O2 Asia released mobile device are provide with 1 year Local Limited Warranty coverage. You are also required to produce the proof of purchase as a warranty validation at repair centre to claim for a in-warranty repair (when necessary). Thank you.

Warmest Regards,
James Heng
O2 Technical Support (Email)
Asia Pacific Region
For full listing of retail outlets and information on the latest products information, please visit http://www.seeo2.com
Old 6th March 2006, 11:23   #579
Senior - BHPian

seeee!! that's what I am trying to say. Don compare it with your digital camera. try a sonyericsson k750i from someone and maybe you will understand what I am trying to say. Or maybe try a 2mp nokia camera.

The response looks pretty generalized. I think its pretty ok to wait.

Do a writeup on the device once you are ready. and ask if u have any more doubts.
Old 6th March 2006, 11:28   #580
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
seeee!! that's what I am trying to say. Don compare it with your digital camera. try a sonyericsson k750i from someone and maybe you will understand what I am trying to say. Or maybe try a 2mp nokia camera.

The response looks pretty generalized. I think its pretty ok to wait.

Do a writeup on the device once you are ready. and ask if u have any more doubts.
I'm waiting for O2 to register my deivcen and maybe ship some better ROM upgrades to speed up the camera and work out some smaller issues.
Old 6th March 2006, 11:41   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm waiting for O2 to register my deivcen and maybe ship some better ROM upgrades to speed up the camera and work out some smaller issues.
You have the latest that exists, navin. We'll have to wait for O2 to bring out another upgrade and dont worry - we'll still get the upgrade even if their site doesnt recognize your IMEI
Old 6th March 2006, 22:54   #582
Team-BHP Support

thanks! Steeroid. let me know.
Old 6th March 2006, 23:05   #583
Senior - BHPian

i cant seem to source the sharp 903 anywhere in bombay ?? and only two shops said they will try n get it from me but they said that they would not provide any after sales service or backing and if i have any problem they would not be able to help me.so that got me thinking.is it worth getting it ??
or should i just stick to the k750i or the nokia 6270.which one is a better phone overall ??

Rev
Old 7th March 2006, 00:34   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
i cant seem to source the sharp 903 anywhere in bombay ?? and only two shops said they will try n get it from me but they said that they would not provide any after sales service or backing and if i have any problem they would not be able to help me.so that got me thinking.is it worth getting it ??
or should i just stick to the k750i or the nokia 6270.which one is a better phone overall ??

Rev

yes it would be tough to find sharp 903 in India. Dont buy if you are worried about warranty. I bought a chinese motorola E680i in Canada and I wouldnt tinker with it unless its out of warranty.

from k750i and 6270

k750i
better camera phone
less bulk
Easy but slow OS
uses proprietary memory stick standards

nokia 6270
beautiful slider phone but bulky
stereo speakers
Series 40 NOkia OS(not a smartphone but doesnt lack much)
Uses proprietary SD standards.

decide according to your priorities, value for money and your budget.

for those who are waiting for nokia N91 here is some news.

samsung has plans on introducing a new 8gb windows powered mobile phone with stereo speakers and a card slot expansion too. the top trump is the tv out function.It lacks a wi-fi though otherwise all the features of N91 are present.

A bried survey of Nokia N91 here link

ANother competitor from Benq-siemens to take on nokia's and SE music phones after taking on Razr
http://www.club-siemens.net/mobiles/ef51/

Hp is going to launch the xda atom with HP brandname.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 7th March 2006 at 00:43.
Old 10th March 2006, 20:57   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech

Rev
K750i anyday !!! and if your a camera freak then go for it cause its got the autofocus (when u zoom it takes clear picture) and also the red eye reduction thats what digital cameras have it !!!

and if you got gooood budget then wait for sony ericsson babies with cyber shot feature , i dont think i need to really elaborate the features of these new sony ericsson babies ... you can check out the new models out here http://www.sonyericsson.com

Most Viewed