Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 20:53   #5806
BHPian

Guys I was thinking of Xepria -X2 or Nexus One (From US). Can you suggest which one to buy and any X2 user here ?
Old 5th February 2010, 21:28   #5807
Senior - BHPian

@sam....Dont ever for for a Sony Ericsson smartphone. The after sales and software update support is the poorest in the industry. Google nexus one anyday!
Old 5th February 2010, 21:58   #5808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@sam....Dont ever for for a Sony Ericsson smartphone. The after sales and software update support is the poorest in the industry. Google nexus one anyday!
Just wondering! Who will be doing the after sales support for the nexus? And how can we know how it is going to be?
Old 5th February 2010, 22:53   #5809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Just wondering! Who will be doing the after sales support for the nexus? And how can we know how it is going to be?
Support is much better than one might think. emails get replied within 24 hours.
Start reading XDA if you want remotely accurate feedback about any Android / WM phones.

Which is better: Omnia HD, iPhone 3gs or Google Nexus One? - Mobile Phones | TechEnclave

I for one am happy that I will be dealing with Google directly: the bad reports of HTC support (worldwide and here on T-BHP) is a huge MINUS in otherwise buying HTC products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
Thanks for your response. The Nexus One supports three 3G/UMTS Bands - 1/4/8 (2100/AWS/900).

I don't know if BSNL 3G supports the same. Also can you or anyone confirm that the future 3G providers will support these bands?
And Nexus does support Indian 3G band. Works just fine with both MTNL and BSNL 3G.

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-ph...-158436-2.html

Last edited by proton : 5th February 2010 at 22:58. Reason: added multiquote
Old 5th February 2010, 23:11   #5810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
Support is much better than one might think. emails get replied within 24 hours.
l
I was wondering about the service centres.
Old 5th February 2010, 23:36   #5811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
I was wondering about the service centres.
I think Nexus One servicing will be done at the normal HTC service centers world-wide, since HTC is the manufacturer.
Old 6th February 2010, 09:45   #5812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
I think Nexus One servicing will be done at the normal HTC service centers world-wide, since HTC is the manufacturer.
As long as we don't deal directly with HTC, its all good:

Google Cuts Nexus One Upgrade Price by $100 (and Refunds Early Adopters) - Nexus one price cut - Gizmodo

I think Google will be more hands on with the Nexus.
Old 8th February 2010, 10:14   #5813
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Any idea on Nexus one's audio quality.... how does it compete with the ipod in the iphone 3gs? This is the only thing thats stopping me from buying one else I am pretty much sold.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 8th February 2010 at 10:16.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:15   #5814
Senior - BHPian

Query on data usage and charges - Nokia Messaging Email on E71

I have been using Nokia Messaging Email since the last 9-10 months on my E71. I have configured my work email, Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail on it.

However, I need to have push email only when I'm out of the office (i.e. post 7 pm) and over the weekend. Hence, I have configured it over my home wifi network till now. Additionally, whenever I am traveling, I sync my mails twice a day via GPRS (I don't like constant pushing of emails throughout the day).

Basically I use push email more as a substitute for not wanting to open my laptop and check mails.

Now the situation is such that I have to go for an extended leave. And I may be away from my laptop all this while. I am considering keeping the push mail 'on' throughout the day (sigh, some work requirements demand that!).

What I wish to know - how much will this inflate my data cost and bill? Assuming I get close to 30 mails across all email IDs daily? (mostly text, if they have attachments, I shall HAVE to use my laptop to download).

I'm currently on Vodafone Advanced GPRS (Mobile Connect) Rs 199/month package, with data charges at 5p/10 kb.
Old 8th February 2010, 14:12   #5815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Guys,

Any idea on Nexus one's audio quality.... how does it compete with the ipod in the iphone 3gs? This is the only thing thats stopping me from buying one else I am pretty much sold.

Heh!Heh!

The review about the nexus are somehow getting bad results.
I got one nexus last wednesday and i am very much satisfied with the performance when compared with the iphones.
Most importantly it has got a 1 GHz processor, then 3.7 inch screen and then AMOLED display then 5 MP camera.
The one thing i thought bad about the nexus one was the music quality before i got the nexus one.But once i got that ..it was superb in all the way .
Super sound nice earphones and its simply perfect.

Google Nexus One in India – Unofficially Available for 33K

http://www.techenclave.com/audio-zon...ts-157407.html

Last edited by proton : 8th February 2010 at 14:14. Reason: added link
Old 8th February 2010, 15:00   #5816
BANNED

Close on heels of Google, Symbian too is open sourcing themselves.

Symbian Completes Biggest Open Source Migration Project Ever | Symbian
Old 8th February 2010, 17:06   #5817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
Heh!Heh!

The review about the nexus are somehow getting bad results.
I got one nexus last wednesday and i am very much satisfied with the performance when compared with the iphones.
Most importantly it has got a 1 GHz processor, then 3.7 inch screen and then AMOLED display then 5 MP camera.
The one thing i thought bad about the nexus one was the music quality before i got the nexus one.But once i got that ..it was superb in all the way .
Super sound nice earphones and its simply perfect.

Google Nexus One in India – Unofficially Available for 33K

IEM recommendation, specific requirements - Audio Zone | TechEnclave
This is a completely subjective opinion. Any frequency response graph for the same, the way gsmarena.com does it?
Old 9th February 2010, 12:54   #5818
BHPian

I have ordered my Nexus one from US but will only get it by mid of March.
Old 11th February 2010, 21:57   #5819
Senior - BHPian

Guruji's kindly advice:-

I have a budget of 15-18k, need a business phone - need for regular mails,
decent cam, not too much of SMS..

Confused whether i should take a plunge and go for the E72 or stretch a wee bit and go for the BB 8900 Javelin
Old 12th February 2010, 10:42   #5820
BHPian

I recently got a new Sony phone and have connected it to only my corp. laptop which does have the latest AV signatures. The first time I connected this as a mass storage device, it showed DCIM.exe and several other files and were promptly deleted by AV.

I am wondering if these were any system files for the phone which sony ships for CD less driver installation. Obviously, it's no PC suite file or anything. But is that deletion fine.

=>> One more issue, My phone is edge enabled but still connects using GPRS, whereas my last Samsung phone used to use EDGE fine at home and office. Is there any trick I should know?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks