Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 09:29   #5746
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys

I have seen the differences on Nokia website, just wanted to check if there is anything significant like processor speeds etc which could be more bad than camera & wifi absence.

Is the phone fast enough for most applications?
Old 28th January 2010, 09:37   #5747
Senior - BHPian

Processor memory is exactly the same as 5800. ~400 MHz and 256 MB RAM.

Running 2 - 3 applications does not slow down the phone. I have N82 as well, if I run Ovi maps on N82, everything else slows down.
Old 28th January 2010, 10:26   #5748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The price looks interesting, any idea what are the major differences between this & 5800
- 5230 is not XpressMusic branded. It will not have the same music player/playlist management as 5800.
- 5800 has 3.2 MP camera with Carl Zeiss optics, auto-focus and dual LED flash. 5230 has a basic 2 MP camera.
- 5800 has stereo speakers, 5230 has mono speaker.
- 5800 has wifi, 5230 does not have.
- 5800 sales package comes loaded with 8 GB memory card, good quality handsfree, Senheiser Headphone (current offer), USB cable, stylus, plectrum, charger etc. 5230 comes only with charger and cheap handsfree.

IMHO, 5800 XpressMusic looks like a better deal compared to 5230 if music and camera quality matters to you.

If you are just looking for a touch screen phone with GPS, 5230 should do the job.

Rohan
Old 28th January 2010, 10:29   #5749
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
@navin : Dual LED is no match for Xenon of C905 .
Anyone know if Chroma in Parel carries the N86 and C905? I'd like to test them side to side.

My wife has a N96 and I have a G900 so I can navigate either (Sony or Nokia) phone.
Old 28th January 2010, 10:44   #5750
BHPian

Guys,

Need inputs on Nokia Model which has
  1. HFP [ Hands Free Profile ] ,
  2. OPP [ Object Push Profile ] ,
  3. PBAP [ Phonebook access profile ] ,
  4. SYNC [ Synchronization Profile ] ,
  5. Bluetooth Standard V 1.2 or above,
  6. Bluetooth A2DP [ Advanced Audio Distribution Profile ] and
  7. Bluetooth AVRCP [ Audio/Video Remote Control Profile ]
Need to use the said phone with my Kenwood X993. Please help.
Even Nokia website doesnt send me information on the same
Old 28th January 2010, 12:48   #5751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Processor memory is exactly the same as 5800. ~400 MHz and 256 MB RAM.

Running 2 - 3 applications does not slow down the phone. I have N82 as well, if I run Ovi maps on N82, everything else slows down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
- 5230 is not XpressMusic branded. It will not have the same music player/playlist management as 5800.
- 5800 has 3.2 MP camera with Carl Zeiss optics, auto-focus and dual LED flash. 5230 has a basic 2 MP camera.
- 5800 has stereo speakers, 5230 has mono speaker.
- 5800 has wifi, 5230 does not have.
- 5800 sales package comes loaded with 8 GB memory card, good quality handsfree, Senheiser Headphone (current offer), USB cable, stylus, plectrum, charger etc. 5230 comes only with charger and cheap handsfree.

IMHO, 5800 XpressMusic looks like a better deal compared to 5230 if music and camera quality matters to you.

If you are just looking for a touch screen phone with GPS, 5230 should do the job.

Rohan
Thanks a lot Guys

My N72 has been acting Dicey & if it doesnt get well I may have to change.

I am not too fond of a touchscreen phone but the GPS Navigation & bigger screen to browse(Gmail, TBhp etc ) at that price is tempting. Yes I dont care much about camera & wifi. Speed is what matters the most.

If the time comes I would be torn between 5230 & E63
Old 28th January 2010, 15:56   #5752
BHPian

Problem with HTC touch diamond

Hi,

I am unable to copy contacts from my touch diamond to my PC using ActiveSync. I am able to read the contents of MyDocuments folder but not the contacts. Previously i was able to copy contacts too. But didnt bother to do so for a long time (about 6 months). I didnt do any ROM upgrade. It is in stock form.

Went through every topic in forums related to HTC but couldnt resolve the problem. Please help me to back up my contacts.

-Pallavi
Old 28th January 2010, 16:00   #5753
Senior - BHPian

I never tried copying Contacts thru ActiveSync, I use www.zyb.com to Back up & synchronise my Contacts.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:19   #5754
Senior - BHPian

Any ideas on when the pixon 12 is going to be introduced in india ? I was planning to buy the satio and since another teambhpian told me its not very good, am taking his advise for it.
Can you please let me know of the reviews on the pixon 12mp phone please.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:24   #5755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damn this had to happen today

I received 2 Sms in the afternoon, tried opening them but it wont. Restarted the phone(Nokia N72) a couple of times with no effect. After the last restart all the messages are gone except for delivery receipts(which was also the only accessible area when it hanged).

Double whamy is that now along with SMSs all the data like MP3s, installed applications, photos etc etc are gone too.

When I check memory on card it still shows filled as before so may be the data is still on card???

Luckily I had taken backup on last weekend but that wont help with applications that I had installed like google maps, opera mini(with the bookmarks)

Any idea what may have triggered it or is there a way to find if this is a one off issue or something that I need to get checked?
After this I Tried to format my card since I had a backup but it backfired, it cleared all data including contacts but the phone was very slow. The backupo was bad & I had to restore from a 2 year old backup.

After a few days decided to reset to original settings & guess what all the contacts got restored, Magic. But the phone is still slow & wont allow me to install any apps like Opera Mini etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Darwin Award of the weekend to go to me.

I went to a Mobile Wallah and he said Rs. 850 to fix software issue but it would take him a few days. I told him that was too long.

Went next door to another guy - He takes out my memory card and the phone magically springs to life. Turn out that the memory card got corrput and needs to be reformatted. He charged zip for this.

The only negative thing is that in my frantic fervor, the hard reset I had performed with the call button, * & 3 worked and my data has got wiped off. But atleast the phone is working so problem solved for now.

Guess what? You are not alone, I was just going through this thread & read your post & decided to experiment, Removed the SD card & Voila The phone works as fast as it was earlier.

Should I change the card or format it(I thought I had formatted the card)

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th January 2010 at 14:27.
Old 28th January 2010, 17:06   #5756
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Guys

My N72 has been acting Dicey & if it doesnt get well I may have to change.

I am not too fond of a touchscreen phone but the GPS Navigation & bigger screen to browse(Gmail, TBhp etc ) at that price is tempting. Yes I dont care much about camera & wifi. Speed is what matters the most.

If the time comes I would be torn between 5230 & E63
Even I was undecided between the 5230 and E63. In the end opted for the 5230 mainly due to the bigger screen. The 5230 package comes with a stylus, plectrum, 3-pin charger and standard headphone. I got a 4 gb microSD card and a USB data cable for Rs. 500/- and 100/- resply. And I was set. Camera is just about OK and it wasn't very important for me either.

I would have liked a fixed qwerty keypad but on the E63 it just takes up too much space resulting in a small screen. I find browsing more natural with such a large touchscreen
Old 28th January 2010, 17:50   #5757
Senior - BHPian

try jeyo mobile companion. makes organizing your contacts so much simpler.
Old 28th January 2010, 19:42   #5758
BHPian

Yesterday I bought E72 for 19898/-. It came with 8 GB microSD card, 600MHz processor and 128 Mb ram. see details :

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e72-2831.php
Nokia India - Nokia E72 - Specifications

It allows setting up 10 + 1 email accounts and till now it seems good
Old 28th January 2010, 19:45   #5759
BHPian

Caution - if you google you will find many issues faced while synching the contacts from HTC to PC and the worst is losing all contacts.

Phone - Touch
Learned this hard way when lost all contacts trying to do sync for transferring them to PC
Old 29th January 2010, 15:45   #5760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I never tried copying Contacts thru ActiveSync, I use www.zyb.com to Back up & synchronise my Contacts.
Registration suspended temporarily :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
try jeyo mobile companion. makes organizing your contacts so much simpler.
Installed but it isnt detecting the contacts in the phone. I have manually copied most of the contacts in my phone and will finish copying all by weekend.

After this, for accessing my contacts, should i go for a ROM upgrade or do i have any other option?

-Pallavi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks