Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 13:09   #5701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Darwin Award of the weekend to go to me.

I went to a Mobile Wallah and he said Rs. 850 to fix software issue but it would take him a few days. I told him that was too long.

Went next door to another guy - He takes out my memory card and the phone magically springs to life. Turn out that the memory card got corrput and needs to be reformatted. He charged zip for this.

The only negative thing is that in my frantic fervor, the hard reset I had performed with the call button, * & 3 worked and my data has got wiped off. But atleast the phone is working so problem solved for now.
Make sure that next time when you are transferring the data to the memory card, you scan the files for virus or corrupted data. It may not be corrupted memory card. It may be some files on the card that was infected or corrupted. I am sorry that I skipped your post somehow when you had this problem otherwise I had advised you to format your memory card.
Old 18th January 2010, 21:43   #5702
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any reviews on the SAMSUNG Corby Pro?
Old 19th January 2010, 08:08   #5703
Senior - BHPian

Guys , need your help. I'm planning to upgrade my self from a N95 8 Gb . I want a phone with better camera than the n95 and it should look cool.
I have seen my friends satio , the one with the 12.1 mp camera and stuff and totally love it.
I dont want to rush into anything. So thought will ask the gurus first on their take on the satio and any other alternate suggestion.
please help.
Old 19th January 2010, 10:08   #5704
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Guys , need your help. I'm planning to upgrade my self from a N95 8 Gb . I want a phone with better camera than the n95 and it should look cool.
I have seen my friends satio , the one with the 12.1 mp camera and stuff and totally love it.
I dont want to rush into anything. So thought will ask the gurus first on their take on the satio and any other alternate suggestion.
please help.
Start by listing what features of the N95 8GB were important to you.

The Nokia with the best camera today is the N86 8 megapixel.

You can play music on the Nokia N86 and with its FM transmitter, you can transmit that music and pick it up on the FM stereo tuner in your car.
How many other phones can do that?

A N86 8MP costs Rs. Rs.20,150

The Sony Ericsson Satio (aka) costs Rs. 30,150. A clear Rs. 10,000 more!

Both phones have accelerometers.

The 12 megapixel camera and xenon flash could have made the Sony Ericsson Satio the best phone in the market. But...

Marketspeak is that it has turned out to be shockingly unreliable. It has poor battery life, lack of 3.5mm audio jack and sluggish response from the user interface.

In the UK, Carphone Warehouse and Phones4U withdrew the Satio from sale just a few weeks after its launch. The companies cited "software problems" as the reason and have commented that a very high proportion of Satios were returned by customers.

The Satio is now back in the shops with a software update supposedly fixing the problems. But the PC Link does not work unless you reboot the phone, and then only for a few minutes.

Stay away from the Satio. Look at other phones.
Old 19th January 2010, 14:00   #5705
BHPian

^^ i was looking at the satio for some time but it seems samsung pixon 12 is much better overall.
Nonetheless I am holding my decision for some phones which are either based on android or windoze. Xperia X10 looks promising and I am sure there are others coming soon :-)
Old 19th January 2010, 19:57   #5706
BHPian

How Much for used Nokia N95 8GB

Hi Guys,
my friend wanted to sell his Nokia N95 8GB
i am planning to buy it
its 1.8 years old.
with all accessories.
good condition with come scatches here and there.

there is no issue with the Phone that i could find.

Can you guys let me know how much should i pay for it.
Old 20th January 2010, 11:24   #5707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar View Post
Hi Guys,
i am planning to buy it

When your friend goes to buy a new handset, accompany him to the mobile shop and inquire about the exchange price for his N95.

Whatever exchange price is quoted by the mobile shop is roughly the amount you should be paying for it.

Thumb rule for used mobile prices - never pay more than 50% of the current market rate for the model.

Rohan
Old 20th January 2010, 13:05   #5708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
When your friend goes to buy a new handset, accompany him to the mobile shop and inquire about the exchange price for his N95.

Whatever exchange price is quoted by the mobile shop is roughly the amount you should be paying for it.

Thumb rule for used mobile prices - never pay more than 50% of the current market rate for the model.

Rohan
thanks for your reply.

What is the current price for new N95 8GB.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:27   #5709

Quote:
Hi Guys,
i am planning to buy it
its 1.8 years old.
with all accessories.
good condition with come scatches here and there.
there is no issue with the Phone that i could find.
I wanted to exchange my N95 8GB for an E72, and on asking at various shops I was offered anything between 6K and 8K. My phone was bought (with warranty and bill) in August 2008, and it's in decent shape. Some of the silver coating on the top keys had peeled off though. So I would guess that 7K should be a good ballpark price for your friend's phone.
Old 20th January 2010, 16:27   #5710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks for your reply.

What is the current price for new N95 8GB.
As far as I know, N95 has been discontinued now.

But you can inquire about the prices in a nearby Nokia store. They may be having old stock.

Or inquire in the grey market for used N95 8 GB, you will get an idea about the price.

Rohan
Old 24th January 2010, 00:52   #5711
Senior - BHPian

I'm thinking of buying the Sony Ericsson W902. Any reviews on it?
Old 24th January 2010, 09:40   #5712
Team-BHP Support

The Nokia N82 is not really available anymore. SO that still laves me looking for a good camera phone.

1. Must have a good numeric keypad (not touch screen or alpha-numeric)
2. Must take good photos with flash (is xenon still the best flash system available for mobile phones)
3. Must use USB (the same as the Blackberry 9700) charger

I have a preference for Nokia or Sony but I'm told that most Nokias and Sonys do not charge via their USB ports.

Last edited by navin : 24th January 2010 at 09:41.
Old 24th January 2010, 10:15   #5713
Senior - BHPian

Nokia N86 meets your requirements. Here is a review;

Nokia N86 8MP review: Lens wide open - GSMArena.com
Old 24th January 2010, 10:50   #5714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The Nokia N82 is not really available anymore. SO that still laves me looking for a good camera phone.

1. Must have a good numeric keypad (not touch screen or alpha-numeric)
2. Must take good photos with flash (is xenon still the best flash system available for mobile phones)
3. Must use USB (the same as the Blackberry 9700) charger

I have a preference for Nokia or Sony but I'm told that most Nokias and Sonys do not charge via their USB ports.
Check out the CyberShot series from Sony Ericsson. C905 has 8 MP camera with Xenon flash.

My Sony Ericsson W660 charges when connected to USB, it should be same even in CyberShots.

Nokias still don't charge from USB.

Rohan
Old 24th January 2010, 12:12   #5715
Senior - BHPian

Navin, none of the existing phones are likely to satisfy your needs. Nokia will never use a mini-USB port - they use a micro-USB port, so bye-bye to charging via USB port.

Perhaps you should wait for the BB 9700. Xenon flash is still the best, but most manufacturers avoid it like plague. Camera-wise iPhone has the best (non-flash!) camera.

But then your issue is with heft, key spacing and one-handed use IIRC:

* 9700 is better than the old Bold 9000 in heft and key spacing, but a QWERTY keyboard is not for one hand SMS. Camera is OK for daylight pics, but low-light - even with 2 LEDs for flash - is only good for kids
* iPhone low-light performance is best by far (I struggled to capture paper lanterns at night without flash with an SLR, but my daughter's iPhone camera did an amazing job). One-handed operation is also better due to type-ahead and auto-correct
* Otherwise, a Sony-Ericsson phone with number pad would be be the best for if they charge through USB. Middling camera performance with LED flash, since they put xenon flash only in the high-end ones

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks