Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2006, 20:00   #556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
I put a password on my 512 MMC. How can I get it unlocked?
It must be the SD card and not MMC. If it is a MMC then the password stuff is software based. Input the password and then format it on the computer or the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Hey guys I am living in Microsoft Hell.

Ever since I got the O2 Atom.

First I cannot register my Atom. O2 wont recognise my IMEI number (357553000194479) they c;aim " Sorry, the input IMEI number doesn't exist in our records. Please check and input a valid IMEI number again. If you have any problem with device registration, please go here to contact us. "

Then active sync 4.1 (latest version downloaded from MS's website) wont load. I dont have Outlook and dontintend to use Outlook. But I guess that Active Sync needs Outlook 2002.

The message Active Sync pops us is "The wizard was interrupted before Microsoft Active Sync 4.1 could completely install, you system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time please run setup again"

However in Task Manager, Active sync is shown as running.

Back to my Nokia 6230i. This was the first time I bought any device with MS and it is the last.

but why not try contacting O2 for your registrations woes???

Microsoft is not that bad. Update the OS once and using the atom would be a breeze.

post your problems one by one and we can try to sort it out.

Till then have fun with your ATOM.
Old 22nd February 2006, 23:44   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
It must be the SD card and not MMC. If it is a MMC then the password stuff is software based. Input the password and then format it on the computer or the phone.
Its a MMC. Iv forgotten the password and formatting doesnt help
Old 23rd February 2006, 00:30   #558
lancer_mania

how much will you get for a three year old 3310.yes a 3310 a friend of mine would like to know.

Old 23rd February 2006, 00:37   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania
how much will you get for a three year old 3310.yes a 3310 a friend of mine would like to know.
500 to 1000 bucks.max youll get is 1000 nothing more.at heera panna.

rev
Old 23rd February 2006, 02:09   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a MMC. Iv forgotten the password and formatting doesnt help

Put your mmc into any mmc compatible phone and use a file explorer program such as (fexplorer, seleq, etc) and go to c:\system and look for a file called mmcstore. rename that to mmcstore.txt and open it. you password will be in that file.
Hope that helps

Quote:
not more than 700Rs
Old 23rd February 2006, 10:54   #561
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
I have .. Symantec CE AntiVirus installed.. but no issues.
The possible things can be...
1) some firewall.... (Activesync requires network access for working)
2) some antisypware/ antivirus which is stopping it from getting into startup registry.

Even my 2 friends bought it with bill - from a dealer... maybe its some big scandal or just a glitch.
Ok I got 2 PCs. One laptop and One Desktop

Both connected to the same firewall.

The laptop has Palm Desktop/Hotsync and Outlook 2003 and Norton the Desktop has neither

I tried installing the CD on ym desktop and Outlook 2002 and Active Sync installs fine.

Does anyone know what it is issue. Palm, Norton, or should I look elsewhere for the problem.
Old 23rd February 2006, 23:46   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok I got 2 PCs. One laptop and One Desktop

The laptop has Palm Desktop/Hotsync and Outlook 2003 and Norton the Desktop has neither

I tried installing the CD on ym desktop and Outlook 2002 and Active Sync installs fine.

Does anyone know what it is issue. Palm, Norton, or should I look elsewhere for the problem.

First place to look would be the Firewall options.
Second place to look would be Norton.
Old 23rd February 2006, 23:55   #563
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it a hardware firewall by any chance? If yes then it can not cause a problem.
I use Zone Alarm and if its not set to allow Activesync outbound access and also inbound (port 990 'I think')... It won't connect to my phone.

You could also check if windows firewall has anything to do with it.

Also... where exactly do you get stuck? If it isn't even installing then firewall might not have much role to play anyways.

Last edited by SLK : 23rd February 2006 at 23:57.
Old 24th February 2006, 09:58   #564
Team-BHP Support

thanks guys

I have a hardware firewall. I tried active sync with my software firewall and anti virus protection turned off but it did not work either. then i connected another laptop also a T41p (like mine) and it worked on that. Now i am confised. Active sync is obviously installing on all machines but mine!

BTW my laptop has Office 2003 Prof. with Outlook installed on it but I have never used Outlook (I use Palm's Desktop and Eudora Light). Could this be the problem? Would I have touninstall Outlook 2003 and then install active sync?

Last edited by navin : 24th February 2006 at 09:59.
Old 24th February 2006, 11:36   #565
BHPian

using se k700i planning to upgrade soon
Old 24th February 2006, 17:22   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First I cannot register my Atom. O2 wont recognise my IMEI number (357553000194479) they c;aim " Sorry, the input IMEI number doesn't exist in our records. Please check and input a valid IMEI number again. If you have any problem with device registration, please go here to contact us. "
Check where your device came from - it it came from O2 singapore, you can only register it on the .sg site. It it came from the UK, it can be registered only on the O2 UK site.

Quote:
Then active sync 4.1 (latest version downloaded from MS's website) wont load. I dont have Outlook and dontintend to use Outlook. But I guess that Active Sync needs Outlook 2002.
Active Sync requires Outlook or Outlook Express. Dont bother running Active Sync if you dont save your contacts in either of those.

If you're still pissed off with your Atom, I'll buy it off you. Been using MS Smartphones since 2000 and while I've had issues in the past its been pretty much business as usual for the last couple of years.
Old 24th February 2006, 17:24   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Funnily Activesync 3 doesnt work properly with my phone. Active Sync 4.1 can be used with Win2003 but will give faster speeds that 3 only if used with Windows Mobile 5
Not true. I use the latest Active Sync with PocketPC 2003 SE which is a version older than Win Mobile.
Old 24th February 2006, 17:27   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW my laptop has Office 2003 Prof. with Outlook installed on it but I have never used Outlook (I use Palm's Desktop and Eudora Light). Could this be the problem? Would I have touninstall Outlook 2003 and then install active sync?
If you have NEVER used outlook, you will probably have to start up outlook once before you install ActiveSync. I'm assuming this is the case, because Active Sync installs quite quickly and is able to find your device at the first try.

Please follow instructions for Active Sync - I think it says DO NOT connect the cable and the device BEFORE installing ActiveSync.

I'm quite surprised you're having so much trouble - its a piece of cake. Please note that Active Sync asks for SERVER rights from your firewall. If your firewall has been configured to deny server rights (Port 127.0.0.0) then it wont install.
Old 25th February 2006, 11:37   #569
Team-BHP Support

Stteroid I got the problem licked. It was nto not Outlook or any TSR. it was Eudora. Eudora installs it's won MAPI in the system32 folder. So I had to delete the MAPI from System32 then use FixMapi to generate a new MAPI and disable the MAPI in Eudora.

thanks for your help.
Old 3rd March 2006, 09:33   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stteroid I got the problem licked. It was nto not Outlook or any TSR. it was Eudora. Eudora installs it's won MAPI in the system32 folder. So I had to delete the MAPI from System32 then use FixMapi to generate a new MAPI and disable the MAPI in Eudora.

thanks for your help.
so how is the experience with the Atom now?

Have you been able to download the latest firwmare?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks