Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2006, 16:51   #541
Team-BHP Support

38K from Heera Panna with B&W.
Old 21st February 2006, 17:32   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
but...it is slow. I have to get used to the delay of Windows. My PC (Linux) boots faster.
Go to the O2 Atom website (or other website given in your documentation) and download the latest firmware. The first releases of Win Mobile 05 had issues with speed and stability, which have been sorted out in subsequent firmware releases.

Welcome to the world of PocketPC Phones. Please go to www.xda-developers.com which is a sort of unofficial support forum where guys exchange news, views and also get previews of various applications as well as free applications developed by other members. There's a guy called Vijay in there who has released a whole series of applications with the prefix 'VJ'
Old 21st February 2006, 18:04   #543
BANNED

normally_crazy
Hello For much u getting the exec ?
Old 21st February 2006, 23:53   #544
BHPian

i paid 2000 for kingston512 dv mmc ... i think its more cheepr in banglore and in mumbai
Old 22nd February 2006, 09:51   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge
i paid 2000 for kingston512 dv mmc ... i think its more cheepr in banglore and in mumbai
I got myself a Sandisk 2gig sd card for $99 cad(around INR3700) Its playing my choice of music in my motorola E680i right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Steer ,

thanks for the exhaustive comparision and info. So the Exec it is i guess for me. is there any way to find out if the windows platform is the older version ? from what version what the Win Mobile platform revised ?
The latest windows mobile OS is windows Mobile 5.0

Xda exec is using windows mobile 5.0.

The older OS was windows mobile 2003.

Quote:
NC, let me know too. I am comparing the Nokia 9300i (the N80 is not available) to the O2 Atom.
Quote:
Ok fellas ,

what would you pick and why amongst the Nokia 9500 and the O2 Exec ?
among all the phones at mentioned at the top The best phone would be

1. xda atom (small,radio,2mp camera,262k screen)(lacks keyboard,slower cpu,no landscape mode,
2. Xda exec (keyboard,landscape modek, faster cpu) (bulky at 265gms,no radio)

9300i and 9500 are pale in comparision.

Quote:
What is an A1000? I just got me the Atom. It is light. It is a PDA. It has a camera. and I am not embarassed when i hold it to my ear (like the 9300 or P910 etc).

but...it is slow. I have to get used to the delay of Windows. My PC (Linux) boots faster.
A1000 is a 3g phone from motorola. Old and discontinued at most of the places. A replacement in the form of A1010 was supposed to be out soon but cancelled now due to better competitive products.

as Steeroid said get yourself the update. Many people had initial complaints but the update solves the problems.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 22nd February 2006 at 09:57.
Old 22nd February 2006, 12:36   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Steer ,

thanks for the exhaustive comparision and info. So the Exec it is i guess for me. is there any way to find out if the windows platform is the older version ? from what version what the Win Mobile platform revised ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
The latest windows mobile OS is windows Mobile 5.0

Xda exec is using windows mobile 5.0.

The older OS was windows mobile 2003.

n_c I am not talking about the OS platform, but the actual firmware version. If you go to
Start>>Settings>>System>>Device Information

Click on Device Information. THe first tab in the popup window is "Version", under which you will see the following (quoting from my JAM):

ROM Version: 1.12.00 WWE
ROM Date : 28/05/05
Radio Version: 1.12.10
Protocol: 1337.42
ExtROM Version: 1.12.171 WWE

Here is the explanation:

ROM Version - Version of the Windows Mobile 05 Platform (this does not tell you whether it is Pocket PC 2003/2003SE/Win Mobile 05, but the actual VERSION of the Win Mobile 05 platform on your device)
Radio Version - This is the software driving the PHONE part of the device. This effectively controls your connectivity (GSM/GPRS/3G), this part is usually not updated UNLESS there are issues with connectivity.

Protocol - I dont know, and frankly I dont care because it hasnt been of any consequence.

ExtROM Version - . Manufacturers customise the windows platform to their specific devices and these customizations are periodically updated - the ROM Version tells you the customisation version for the PDA Part, NOT the Windows Platform. This is the part that will contain all the proprietory applications that come with your device. For eg., if Skype for Pocket PC is included in your XDA Exec (unlikely, because O2 is a phone company and not a device manufacturer. phone companies dont like IP telephony, while Imate or Eten will give you Skype because they are not operators) it would reside on your ExtROM. So would stuff like Camera Software, PDF readers, games, etc.
Old 22nd February 2006, 13:29   #547
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys I am living in Microsoft Hell.

Ever since I got the O2 Atom.

First I cannot register my Atom. O2 wont recognise my IMEI number (357553000194479) they c;aim " Sorry, the input IMEI number doesn't exist in our records. Please check and input a valid IMEI number again. If you have any problem with device registration, please go here to contact us. "

Then active sync 4.1 (latest version downloaded from MS's website) wont load. I dont have Outlook and dontintend to use Outlook. But I guess that Active Sync needs Outlook 2002.

The message Active Sync pops us is "The wizard was interrupted before Microsoft Active Sync 4.1 could completely install, you system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time please run setup again"

However in Task Manager, Active sync is shown as running.

Back to my Nokia 6230i. This was the first time I bought any device with MS and it is the last.
Old 22nd February 2006, 14:07   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys I am living in Microsoft Hell.

Ever since I got the O2 Atom.

First I cannot register my Atom. O2 wont recognise my IMEI number (357553000194479) they c;aim " Sorry, the input IMEI number doesn't exist in our records. Please check and input a valid IMEI number again. If you have any problem with device registration, please go here to contact us. "

Then active sync 4.1 (latest version downloaded from MS's website) wont load. I dont have Outlook and dontintend to use Outlook. But I guess that Active Sync needs Outlook 2002.

The message Active Sync pops us is "The wizard was interrupted before Microsoft Active Sync 4.1 could completely install, you system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time please run setup again"

However in Task Manager, Active sync is shown as running.

Back to my Nokia 6230i. This was the first time I bought any device with MS and it is the last.
it wont recognize your IMEI number if you bought it without a bill. The site doesnt recognize my Mini cos I got it from Alfa.

try to reinstall active sync. im using 4.1 and its working perfectly.
Old 22nd February 2006, 14:36   #549
SLK
Senior - BHPian

The IMEI thing happened to 2 of my friends who bought the O2 mini along with me (but from a different shop).... though mine's IMEI was instantly recognised.

I haven't had any problem with Active sync either!.. though I had Outlook 2003 already. (I can't live without Outlook)

@kanak: If you have a mini! how can you use Activesync 4.1? The site says only for windows mobile 5 and mini has 2003 SE. (I haven't tried though)
Old 22nd February 2006, 15:03   #550
Team-BHP Support

I got mine fron Heera Panna but it was bought with bill.

As far as active sync goes I suspect it might be my Norton Anti Virus that is causing problems with Active Sync. Any solution to this.
Old 22nd February 2006, 15:47   #551
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I have .. Symantec CE AntiVirus installed.. but no issues.
The possible things can be...
1) some firewall.... (Activesync requires network access for working)
2) some antisypware/ antivirus which is stopping it from getting into startup registry.

Even my 2 friends bought it with bill - from a dealer... maybe its some big scandal or just a glitch.
Old 22nd February 2006, 16:00   #552
Senior - BHPian

Currently I am using a Motorazr V3 in silver.....great camera resolution, got a lot of m daughter's pics in it

plus good battery back up

one problem is that the phonebook does not support scrolling for more than one alphabet, unlike nokia.
Old 22nd February 2006, 16:47   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
The IMEI thing happened to 2 of my friends who bought the O2 mini along with me (but from a different shop).... though mine's IMEI was instantly recognised.

I haven't had any problem with Active sync either!.. though I had Outlook 2003 already. (I can't live without Outlook)

@kanak: If you have a mini! how can you use Activesync 4.1? The site says only for windows mobile 5 and mini has 2003 SE. (I haven't tried though)
Funnily Activesync 3 doesnt work properly with my phone. Active Sync 4.1 can be used with Win2003 but will give faster speeds that 3 only if used with Windows Mobile 5
Old 22nd February 2006, 17:00   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge
I put a password on my 512 MMC. How can I get it unlocked?
Old 22nd February 2006, 19:48   #555
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
Motorazr V3 in silver.....great camera resolution
I thought it was a VGA cam!!... the O2 mini's camera is sad if the pic is to be viewed on any screen bigger than the 320x240.

@kanak: how did you lock the card? Maybe you can just go format it in any card reader!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks