Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:12   #5431
BHPian

Hi Guys, I'm using O2 Stealth for past 2years with WM5 to WM6.5. Now, looking for a chnage. Should I consider the one with Android OS or stick with WM? Can anyone share the Android experiance?
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:39   #5432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
LOL..Even I asked him the same question, he is in to Machine tool business and these phones are for his employees (field engineers). He thought employees may not appreciate if the mobile phone does have these two features :-), you hardly see mobiles without these two features nowadays. Also cam may help sometime to take pics of machines when they go for field work.
Ask him to take a look at the Nokia 5130.
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:56   #5433
BHPian

In the same boat as you, Got a samsung midrange ULTRA multimedia phone and regret buying it. Wish I could just get rid of it at a decent price.

Nothing works, really lousy earphones and no application runs fine. Samsung phones are definitely lot worse than Sony phones. I still love my K750i and would have got it again if it had EDGE support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Anyone bought the Samsung Star GT-S5233A and regretting it? Might be decent enough for its price, but once you star comparing even a basic Sony Ericsson model with this, you start to see some glaring overlooks on the design part. I had written a review of this phone on my naveenroy.com blog and some of the worst problems was sudden drop of network, lousy earphones and not being able to use two applications at once. At first, even Google Maps would not work properly. As in, it was not showing the current location. Thankfully, this has been resolved. But I hate the earphones and planning to get that adapter so that I can use other manufacturers earphones.
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:50   #5434

Primary Mobile : iPhone 3G
Secondary Mobile : Motorola V3XX

I just love my iPhone (especially the GPS and mobile internet browsing).
Apart from the price there is absolutely nothing to frown at...
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:34   #5435
BHPian

Hi Guys,

After reading numerous reviews, I've decided I will go for N900.

Has anyone bought it or tested it yet?Please advice.

Regards,
Indy
Old 3rd November 2009, 19:23   #5436

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ1980 View Post
Primary Mobile : iPhone 3G
Secondary Mobile : Motorola V3XX

I just love my iPhone (especially the GPS and mobile internet browsing).
Apart from the price there is absolutely nothing to frown at...
what you are using for GPS.. i mean to ask which maps? have u tested sygic and even igo8 for india.. not google maps.
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:18   #5437
Senior - BHPian

Use a Satio today. 12MP cam and other usual stuff. Browsed net for sometime; it was very fast in rendering pages.

It was bought from Dubai for 1022AED and sold to a friend of mine for 15k ( He got it in some fair at DXB and hence the price)
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:48   #5438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
LOL..Even I asked him the same question, he is in to Machine tool business and these phones are for his employees (field engineers). He thought employees may not appreciate if the mobile phone does have these two features :-), you hardly see mobiles without these two features nowadays. Also cam may help sometime to take pics of machines when they go for field work.
actually if they are going to photograph machines, use something which has a usable macro mode. sony ericsson w810i is a strong contender (personal exp), but almost double the budget. check some other phones with a better macro mode.
Old 6th November 2009, 20:25   #5439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Use a Satio today. 12MP cam and other usual stuff. Browsed net for sometime; it was very fast in rendering pages.

It was bought from Dubai for 1022AED and sold to a friend of mine for 15k ( He got it in some fair at DXB and hence the price)

Bought the Satio for 15k today
Old 6th November 2009, 21:09   #5440
BHPian

Waiting for the BB Bold2 to hit the market to replace my Curve 8900.

Btw, does anyone know when the SE X10 is scheduled for release? I'm absolutely bored with WinMo and S60v5 and need something a bit more exciting.
Old 7th November 2009, 01:27   #5441
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Bought the Satio for 15k today
JKD ... is that for real ????????
Old 7th November 2009, 09:06   #5442
BHPian

Hi ,

I am looking for new mobile in the range of 15-20k. I am confused about touch phone/ key pad phone as many times I find myself using speed dial function w/o looking at the phone while driving. Once the phone connects then I switch to speaker phone.

Don't know how to do this when using touch phone ( as there many not to be possibility to sense the key )

Help me guys !
Old 7th November 2009, 10:04   #5443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Hi ,

I am looking for new mobile in the range of 15-20k. I am confused about touch phone/ key pad phone as many times I find myself using speed dial function w/o looking at the phone while driving. Once the phone connects then I switch to speaker phone.

Don't know how to do this when using touch phone ( as there many not to be possibility to sense the key )

Help me guys !
most windows mobile phones allow you to map the available hard keys to a function - i have mapped to speakerphone earlier and some touchphones already have a hardkey for speakerphone. Ofcourse now I use the htc diamond with a car kit, so i dont really need to touch the phone at all
Edit - using voice commands on windows mobile is also pretty decent now - i use that to launch google maps or play audio/video, without having to touch the phone. Plus if you have voice enabled phone, it reads out emails/sms/incoming call number or contact name!

Last edited by jassi : 7th November 2009 at 10:05.
Old 7th November 2009, 20:18   #5444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
most windows mobile phones allow you to map the available hard keys to a function - i have mapped to speakerphone earlier and some touchphones already have a hardkey for speakerphone. Ofcourse now I use the htc diamond with a car kit, so i dont really need to touch the phone at all
Edit - using voice commands on windows mobile is also pretty decent now - i use that to launch google maps or play audio/video, without having to touch the phone. Plus if you have voice enabled phone, it reads out emails/sms/incoming call number or contact name!

Ok boss. So HTC diamond+ car kit =how much? Any idea?
Old 7th November 2009, 20:33   #5445
BHPian

Fellow bhpians, any suggestions for a touch screen phone under 15k( for female user) Nokia, Sony, Samsung preferred.
Priorities:
1. Ease of use
2. Battery life
3. Looks,of course
4. Build quality
Samsung f480 is one candidate on the list. 5800XM didnt really impress me. Anything else?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks