Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 14:34   #5386
BHPian

Which WinMo phone?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a Windows Mobile phone. My requirements are - touchscreen, gps, easy browsing, e-mail, decent cam (>=3.2 mp), expandable memory, preferably operated using fingers mainly not a stylus.
Hardware keyboard is not essential if a software version is provided.

I'm leaning more towards the HTC phones, but the latest one - Touch 2 seems a tad overpriced for its features. Any suggestions?

BTW, any news on when the HTC HD 2 will be released in India and at what price?
Old 21st October 2009, 15:25   #5387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
I went to buy acer f900 but bought asus p552w for 15500 instead. installed spb keyboard and now is useable with fingers.
Do check SPB mobile shell also. i liked it a lot on my Asus P526

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a Windows Mobile phone. My requirements are - touchscreen, gps, easy browsing, e-mail, decent cam (>=3.2 mp), expandable memory, preferably operated using fingers mainly not a stylus.
Hardware keyboard is not essential if a software version is provided.

I'm leaning more towards the HTC phones, but the latest one - Touch 2 seems a tad overpriced for its features. Any suggestions?

BTW, any news on when the HTC HD 2 will be released in India and at what price?
As you said you are inclined towards HTC, i suggest you to buy the same, you won't feel ever that `I should have bout HTC` anytime (Windows mobile often makes you to feel, if I had bought "that" brand, it wouldn't have hung so much` etc. etc.)
Do check Asus mobiles and also Acer ones before deciding in any case.
Buy a suitable windshield holder and car charger kit if it is not coming in the mobile package itself. You will need it.
Happy shopping.
Old 21st October 2009, 16:22   #5388
BANNED

Quote:
Whom did you talk to, there is no phone number on their site. there is no office or shop in the place mentioned. the address on site is fake. i think this is more than enough to stay away
I emailed him, Hmm.. you can ask for correct address from him via email, But site is fake though.
Old 22nd October 2009, 00:52   #5389
Senior - BHPian

weird, My N85 screen unlocks everytime I put it in it's holder, I guess it's the magnet. I tried and even when it's lying on a table, if I hover the magnetic clip across the phone in a certain direction, it unlocks.

wondering how the magnetic clip is affecting the unlocking mechanism.
Old 22nd October 2009, 01:30   #5390
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
weird, My N85 screen unlocks everytime I put it in it's holder, I guess it's the magnet. I tried and even when it's lying on a table, if I hover the magnetic clip across the phone in a certain direction, it unlocks.

wondering how the magnetic clip is affecting the unlocking mechanism.
Happens with my N82 w.r.t. the camera shutter.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:25   #5391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
I emailed him, Hmm.. you can ask for correct address from him via email, But site is fake though.
Whats the progress, have you bought anything from him. where is his actual address located?
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:54   #5392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Do check SPB mobile shell also. i liked it a lot on my Asus P526

As you said you are inclined towards HTC, i suggest you to buy the same, you won't feel ever that `I should have bout HTC` anytime (Windows mobile often makes you to feel, if I had bought "that" brand, it wouldn't have hung so much` etc. etc.)
Buy a suitable windshield holder and car charger kit if it is not coming in the mobile package itself. You will need it.
Happy shopping.
Yes i am using spb shell, spb keyboard,opera browser,acrobat reader, resco explorer and satguide, happy with its performance.
I preferred asus because 4 of my friends phone had gone bad in warranty and they got replacement in a week. two of my friends new htc touch viva 3g are lying in service center for the last one month with no news when it will come alive and start kicking.

Saw new acer e101 BeTouch in yesterday's times of india for 11k. good windows configuration if someone dosen't want 3g and wifi.

Last edited by gigy : 22nd October 2009 at 12:59.
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:26   #5393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
... wondering how the magnetic clip is affecting the unlocking mechanism.
Feature. Accelerometer activates unlock - supposed to unlock the phone for use when the phone is picked up. Accelerometer senses change in magnetism, I think, but I don't think there are any steel balls rolling around inside it.
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:29   #5394

Quote:
Whats the progress, have you bought anything from him. where is his actual address located?
he's a fake seller.. because the address he has given doesn't exist. if you ask for phone no. they will simply refuse or won't mail you back.. its better to stay away form these kind of sellers.
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:04   #5395
Senior - BHPian

I read somewhere the accelerometers used in mobiles are MEMS-Based. (Micro-Electro Mechanical System) technology is based on a number of tools and methodologies, which are used to form small structures with dimensions in the micrometer scale.
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:21   #5396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Happy shopping.
Thanks, i'll check out the Asus and Acer ones too before deciding. I'm not planning on any car accessories for the phone other than a charger. In any case its always on silent when i'm driving.
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:24   #5397
BHPian

Is Blackberry Storm2 9550 available in India yet? Any other storm which has WLAN ?
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:52   #5398
BANNED

gigy
I haven't bought anything off him, I just asked him regarding phones, Address is mentioned on their site !
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:28   #5399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Feature. Accelerometer activates unlock - supposed to unlock the phone for use when the phone is picked up. Accelerometer senses change in magnetism, I think, but I don't think there are any steel balls rolling around inside it.
tried that already, turning, shaking phone in any direction doesn't unlock it, neither I have any settings that indicate so. it's set to snooze alarm and mute calls, nothing else.

within a second it locks back itself. so it's something very transient. it's not the camera because that has a shutter that stays on. plus, the camera application doesn't launch.
Old 24th October 2009, 11:14   #5400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Thanks, i'll check out the Asus and Acer ones too before deciding. I'm not planning on any car accessories for the phone other than a charger. In any case its always on silent when i'm driving.
Windshield holder is useful(required) if you want to use GPS feature. Asus had that in the box package for my P526 purchase. I guess they include it in all GPS mobiles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks