Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2006, 11:04   #526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Thanks there are 2 version of the Atom. One is called Executive? any difference.

There are two models from O2

Xda Exec or imate Jasjar

xda atom which is only sold by xda and now HP.

The executive model you are talking about must be the XDA exec. I have not heard of any other variation of Atom being available.

the best guess I can make is that XDA atom executive will be an advanced pack with a bluetooth, car kit etc.

please Lemme know the difference if I am wrong.
Old 20th February 2006, 11:19   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
There are two models from O2

Xda Exec or imate Jasjar

The executive model you are talking about must be the XDA exec. I have not heard of any other variation of Atom being available.
Yeah Dev - u r right.
Imate Jasjar=O2 exec and O2 Atom is sold only by O2.
Old 20th February 2006, 11:52   #528
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Xda Exec or imate Jasjar

the best guess I can make is that XDA atom executive will be an advanced pack with a bluetooth, car kit etc.

please Lemme know the difference if I am wrong.
I will. I am asking for both version for review soon.

Q: will my Palm address book and Nokia 6230i phone book port to the O2?

I have a few Palm databases too (esp. drink recipies for example collected from bars all over the world during my travels).

Last edited by navin : 20th February 2006 at 11:53.
Old 20th February 2006, 23:35   #529
Senior - BHPian

any idea where sharp is available. a friend of mine went to hongkong but couldn find it.any other places where i can get it from.

rev
Old 21st February 2006, 02:46   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
any idea where sharp is available. a friend of mine went to hongkong but couldn find it.any other places where i can get it from.

rev

Sharp 903 is available in Asia Officially in Taiwan,HongKong and Malaysia.
Availability will also be easy in UK.

some places to securely order it online are

www.starlinwireless.com(Got my E680i from these people)
www.samstores.com (Not much idea but heard good things)
www.plemix.com ( NOt heard or dealt with yet)

Quote:
Q: will my Palm address book and Nokia 6230i phone book port to the O2?

I have a few Palm databases too (esp. drink recipies for example collected from bars all over the world during my travels).

Yes the palm addressbook and nokia 6230i phonebook should port with the O2 because all manufacturers usually use the same format. Otherwise syncing with the Oulook and then transferring to the other phone is always the way out.

FOr your palm databases, It depends on the extension the file has. I have not had much experience with the palm so My apologies for not being much helpful to you on that regards.
Old 21st February 2006, 03:01   #531
BHPian

Guys I bought a nokia 6681 before that I was using nokia 7610... Now i bought a 512 mb mmc too for my 6681 the 64 mb which nokia provided got damaged and now what happen you klnow in i dont have the softwares movie creator kodak photo print and all which i had i need those sw back in my phone what to do????

Last edited by dodge : 21st February 2006 at 03:03.
Old 21st February 2006, 03:05   #532
BHPian

i got some virus from somewhere it sends mms automaticly i know how to format the phone but I am scared of loosing my music player

Last edited by dodge : 21st February 2006 at 03:06.
Old 21st February 2006, 03:55   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge
i got some virus from somewhere it sends mms automaticly i know how to format the phone but I am scared of loosing my music player

GO ahead and format your phone. You won't loose your music player if it is the real player you are talking about.

And if you are scared of doing it yourself then take it to the nokia priority dealers.

nokia 6681 is a good phone. congrats on your purchase.
Old 21st February 2006, 12:26   #534
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge
Guys I bought a nokia 6681 before that I was using nokia 7610... Now i bought a 512 mb mmc too for my 6681 the 64 mb which nokia provided got damaged and now what happen you klnow in i dont have the softwares movie creator kodak photo print and all which i had i need those sw back in my phone what to do????

how much did u get the 512 for just curious i wanted to get one soon as well. its a dual voltage card right ? can u give the prices from 128mb to 1gb please
Old 21st February 2006, 13:00   #535
Senior - BHPian

Ok fellas ,

what would you pick and why amongst the Nokia 9500 and the O2 Exec ?
Old 21st February 2006, 13:45   #536
Team-BHP Support

NC, let me know too. I am comparing the Nokia 9300i (the N80 is not available) to the O2 Atom.
Old 21st February 2006, 13:50   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NC, let me know too. I am comparing the Nokia 9300i (the N80 is not available) to the O2 Atom.
navin - i wanna know too - the reason is im getting the O2 Exec real cheap ......so i just wanted views on the choice.
Old 21st February 2006, 15:27   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Ok fellas ,

what would you pick and why amongst the Nokia 9500 and the O2 Exec ?
No contest here....O2 XDA Exec it will be. WHY?:

1. XDA Exec is a 3G handset. N9500 isnt.

2. XDA Exec's screen is more user friendly than the 9500's broad and short screen.

3. XDA Exec has both keyboard and touch-screen interfaces. With the nokia you're stuck with the Keyboard, which imho is a pain in the butt.

4. Exec can be used in Tablet mode (like other XDAs) or Laptop mode (screen open, keyboard in front). N9500 can be used as a PDA only in laptop mode.

5. 9500 Screen Sux.

6. XDA Exec support USB slave mode, making it virtually an extension of your computer. N9500 is a pain to sync and transfer and doesnt function as a USB slave.

7. SD Cards on the XDA can be changed while the device is still powered on. The MMC Card on the nokia is tucked away under the battery - if you want to take the card out you have to turn your phone off. This is particularly irritating when you have some document on your card that you want to quick view on your PC (if you have a card reader) - with the XDA you just push the card out and insert it into your PC....very useful for data transfer.

8. Processor - XDAs 520mhz Intel processor v/s Nokia's sloth-king 150mhz TI OMAP.

9. Internal Memory - XDA's 128mb of ROM + 64mb of RAM built in v/s Nokia's 80 mb.

10. OS - Win Mobile 5 (now stabilized) against the super slow Symbian 7.

11. User friendliness - Win OS is intuititive. The Nokia Series 80 OS platform sucks big time on user-friendliness. The layout is crazy.

12. XDA support both Portrait and Landscape screen modes while the Nokia comes with its default Landscape screen.

13. Applications - PLENTY of Windows Mobile applications available, lots of them free. Lower number of Symbian apps, and most of them are commercial.

N_C if you're getting the Exec real cheap it means the chap is pissed off with the OS image currently on the system. The first lot of XDA Execs/Imate JASJARs came with very unstable Win Mobile 05 platforms which crashed every now and then. Firmware updates are usually available form the O2 XDA microsite and you will need to download the firmware and update your pc. You can do this yourself as step-by-step instructions are available. In case you screw up, go to www.xda-developers.com and shout for help!

@ Navin - Similarly, between the 9300 and the XDA Atom, its a no-contest. The Nokia Series 80 Smartphones are really bad. I mean really, really bad. I bought a 9300 and couldnt come to terms with it - gifted it to a cousin and bought myself an A1000 which has been a much better experience.

Last edited by Steeroid : 21st February 2006 at 15:30.
Old 21st February 2006, 15:54   #539
Team-BHP Support

What is an A1000? I just got me the Atom. It is light. It is a PDA. It has a camera. and I am not embarassed when i hold it to my ear (like the 9300 or P910 etc).

but...it is slow. I have to get used to the delay of Windows. My PC (Linux) boots faster.
Old 21st February 2006, 16:04   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
N_C if you're getting the Exec real cheap it means the chap is pissed off with the OS image currently on the system. The first lot of XDA Execs/Imate JASJARs came with very unstable Win Mobile 05 platforms which crashed every now and then.
Steer ,

thanks for the exhaustive comparision and info. So the Exec it is i guess for me. is there any way to find out if the windows platform is the older version ? from what version what the Win Mobile platform revised ?

Quote:
I just got me the Atom. It is light. It is a PDA. It has a camera. and I am not embarassed when i hold it to my ear (like the 9300 or P910 etc).
Navin , How much did u get the Atom for ? and from where ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks