Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 14:27   #5236
Senior - BHPian

@Amohit- Nokia 5800 XM is better of the two and has got better features also.
I will be vary of the Samsung as most samsung mobiles i had seen had bad batter life.
No idea about HTC but a friend is using one and he is happy with it.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:12   #5237
Senior - BHPian

Just got a Nokia 5800 Xpress Music. The new one costs around 14k's all inclusive but misses on a lot of bits. First up, the TV Out is no longer supported and hence no A/V cable in the box, only one stylus if you loose it that would be it, connecting cable which is just 3 inches long, no carrying case and no desktop stand.
I managed to get myself the older version packing for 500 rs more, so i have got everything.
Old 11th September 2009, 18:43   #5238
Senior - BHPian

The HTC Viva is under 14k and you could pick up one for 11+ currently.
Old 12th September 2009, 23:01   #5239
BHPian

Nokia E63

Guys bought a Nokia E63 (Black) today as my Motoroal E6 hell lot of problem in last 1.5 years.
I'm facing problem to transfer my contacts there in the SIM to phone memory. There is no option to copy all at a time and transfer.

Another problem may be because of my ignorance - I'm getting connected to Vodafone Live but when I'm trying to connect any other websites it showing packect data connection not available.

Can anybody help me out?
Old 13th September 2009, 12:51   #5240
BHPian

should i get the new nokia 5800 for 14.5k(without few accessories as TV-out feature,extra stylus,pouch,stand,tv out cable) or get a 6 month old with fully loaded and with zaggfull body protector (worth 1.5k)for 12k.

ps: a link about the zaggfull---->
ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
Old 13th September 2009, 17:56   #5241
BANNED

Anybody on here has used This website before for buying phones ?
Price is very low though...

OR If Anyone is living near this area can confirm if they exsists or not ?

nextmobilein
F-421,TTC, industrial area,
Mahape,Near Nelco,
MIDC New Mumbai,
Mumbai:400710
Maharashtra,INDIA
email: nextmobile.in@gmail.com
nextmobile-india

Last edited by unknown : 13th September 2009 at 17:57.
Old 15th September 2009, 20:49   #5242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay sarin View Post
I have got sick of my E71 breaking down much too often with keyboard problems. Need to migrate to a phone which has features like email , elementary browsing good sound etc. BB are too bulky and I dont feel that push mails are a big deal. Anybody owns a Samsung Jet. Around 20k seems to be a good deal. will it be a robust phone? I can go for omnia2 or I phone but am a stickler for VFM. Pls advise friends.
Jet is a great phone; get it or wait for E72
Old 16th September 2009, 06:52   #5243
BHPian

I got the 5800XM - the older model with TV-out/pouch/stand/spare stylus etc. Most retailers still have a piece, and they'll sell for the current price. @ 13.9K rupees, I think it's still good value. I think perhaps bargain hunters may still wait though; at this rate, this phone may be selling for 8-9k in 6 months
Old 16th September 2009, 11:02   #5244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay sarin View Post
I have got sick of my E71 breaking down much too often with keyboard problems. Need to migrate to a phone which has features like email , elementary browsing good sound etc. BB are too bulky and I dont feel that push mails are a big deal. Anybody owns a Samsung Jet. Around 20k seems to be a good deal. will it be a robust phone? I can go for omnia2 or I phone but am a stickler for VFM. Pls advise friends.

Will suggest you to stay away from Samsung phones. Bad battery, half-baked features, poor cameras & menu options are some of their main features. Their handsfree is not at all cool and there are many things that you will just not like. Go for Nokia E72 if QWERTY is the criteria, or BB 8900 which I'm coming to like everyday more and more. If you can live with a non-QWERTY phone, pick any sony (they all come with ActiveSync if you need Exchange Push Mail). Sony does have the best camera in business, along with music player & accessories.
Old 18th September 2009, 10:58   #5245
BHPian

I am looking for good camera phone having good zoom in it. 5 mega pixel is the minimum requirement with good music feature. Which one stand good in this. Can anyone suggest some good models.
Old 18th September 2009, 19:43   #5246
Senior - BHPian

Where to buy and which to buy?

Folks am planning to buy a mobile, something which has a big screen, qwerty keyboard and should be a mix of business and multimedia...(now dont tell me i need to buy a N97

My budget is about 15...

Secondly which store to buy from? who gives the best offer...always get tempted to check in burma bazaar but am not sure...hehehe

Thanks..
Old 19th September 2009, 12:59   #5247
Senior - BHPian

E71 query

Does anyone know about this website nextmobile-india , especially about how trustworthy are they. I am seeing really attractive prices on that website.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st September 2009 at 02:42. Reason: Part of your post has been removed. Please do not post the same Q in more than one place on the forum. Thanks.
Old 19th September 2009, 14:03   #5248
BHPian

one news for all the bhpians waiting for e72.the phone is not launching for the next 3 months.so dont wait for the e72,also e52 will not be launched in India as of now.
Old 19th September 2009, 17:33   #5249
Senior - BHPian

No suggestions yet for me

How good are Asus & HTC phones? some how life the window OS

Any inputs on Asus P527?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Folks am planning to buy a mobile, something which has a big screen, qwerty keyboard and should be a mix of business and multimedia...(now dont tell me i need to buy a N97

My budget is about 15...

Secondly which store to buy from? who gives the best offer...always get tempted to check in burma bazaar but am not sure...hehehe

Thanks..
Old 20th September 2009, 09:02   #5250
Senior - BHPian

Some replies, and a BIG question

Quote:

My budget is about 15...

Thanks..
Total media 5800XM= 13.5-14k but yes vastly superior screen. and gps too
E63 = 10.5k if you are a net addict like me, and awesome music can wait.

Quote:
Any inputs on Asus P527?
The p320 is slow with lots of applications. Good if you don't wanna multitask and run one thing at a time. Not excruciatingly slow, not fast either. the 527 = 320+ keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Yes I meant typing with one thumb. I often do that even without looking at the phone becuase there are only 12 keys to play with it is easy on a G900 or any regular phone. Press '2' 3 times to get 'C'. Ofcoruse I make errors, typing 'J instead of 'K' but the reciever gets the jist of the message.
saar,
for one hand, try the BB pearl.
if you wanna use two hands (i have big hands) - then other berries do it. Infact, I found the most antique the most comfortable - 8700g!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
If you can still get a brand new Nokia N82 for Rs. 15,750±250, go get it!
Its costing 19ish in gaon :(

What is everyone's experience with the blackberry 8310? I am thinking of buying that. Save wifi, it is quite the business phone and i plan to buy the personal email setup so that I have my personal emails and messenger on full time

Expect about 15-17k

Or does one say to buy E63 for 10.5k?

Thoughts/suggestions please.

The berry has a certain keeda to it, which is where the issue is!

Last edited by phamilyman : 20th September 2009 at 09:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks