Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 18:35   #5191
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Suggest me phone, around 15k's GPS, 3.5 mm jack and atleast 2.4 inch screen is a must.
Hows the Omnia Pro B7320? It lacks the 3.5 mm jack but makes it up with its price.
Old 4th September 2009, 19:16   #5192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Guys,

Suggest me phone, around 15k's GPS, 3.5 mm jack and atleast 2.4 inch screen is a must.
Hows the Omnia Pro B7320? It lacks the 3.5 mm jack but makes it up with its price.
You can check out Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. Read my post on previous page about features. You might need to stretch your budget a little though.
Old 4th September 2009, 19:41   #5193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Now two of my friend have it! One bought it two days ago for 13950Rs or so. Better built quality than E63, faster and better cam. Comes with nice belt clip.
Old 4th September 2009, 21:55   #5194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
... I am the last person in my office who is getting a BB ...
The Bold may feel wrong, but it actually is much better than the other BB models in functionality and refinement. My BIL uses that and he says it is more rugged than the other phones he had.

And to think I have been looking at what other phone I can get to replace my BB (8700g)! Till now I have not been able to get a convenient combination of features in any other phone (maybe a TyTN II, but one wishes it gets a faster processor). Right now I am trying out a bunch of phones together (from a Magic to an iPhone), but I have a feeling none of these can replace my current BB for sheer productivity.

One significant difference that I am seeing is the speed of OTA browsing (GPRS/EDGE) - HTC devices are way ahead of the BBs.
Old 4th September 2009, 22:30   #5195
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi,

I own Nokia E71 Grey Colour....m really happy with the Cell phone.
Previously I had Nokia N70..which served me for 3 years without any issue...
Old 4th September 2009, 22:52   #5196
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
What apps would the iPhone have that seperate it from the rest?
Though Apps are plenty, I was talking about sites customized for iPhone. The conversion has started and its matter of time before every major site has a iPhone customized content.

BTW, this actually beats the strength of web browsing in iPhone - scroll, zoom & see the page how they were designed .

Anyway this is not relevant to you since browsing is not your priority.
Old 5th September 2009, 11:23   #5197
BHPian

Just a little outdated info. Websites are not being converted to anything these days as they are all waiting for HTML5 Specifications to come out. A lot of things will change then.

Till then, iPhone's web browser & contact management will be the second best to Palm Pre. That is quite a bit better in rendering and a lot of other features when compared with iPhone 3G. Wish they were available in India. sigh... :(

As for iPhone vs Blackberry, BB wins hands down on Productivity front. You can't beat BB for professional usages as wanted by Navin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Though Apps are plenty, I was talking about sites customized for iPhone. The conversion has started and its matter of time before every major site has a iPhone customized content.

BTW, this actually beats the strength of web browsing in iPhone - scroll, zoom & see the page how they were designed .

Anyway this is not relevant to you since browsing is not your priority.
Old 5th September 2009, 11:44   #5198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The Bold may feel wrong, but it actually is much better than the other BB models in functionality and refinement.
I wish they made a Bold (I like the nice leathery back the Bold has, the whole phone looks better built) with the keyboard of the 8900 the seperte keys are easier to press but the 8900 is a bit small.
Old 5th September 2009, 17:46   #5199
Senior - BHPian

HTC Magic: So far so good. Nice minimalistic phone, very intuitive (haven't read the manual so far, but I was able to use it out of the box). Everything is where it is supposed to be, with the browser having a prominent place. The UI seems to be built to promote uncluttered workspace. Decent browser performance over EDGE - definitely better than BB. Virtual keyboard is a bit of a problem for fat fingertips, and there is no stylus. Camera is so-so, and typically of HTC not to provide even an LED flash.

Tried downloading Opera mini from the Android freeware site, but even after 4 tries, the phone still reports "Problem with parsing the package" (a package is a file with '.apk' extension). Need to figure out whether I am doing something wrong.

Faced peculiar problems with Android Market. Wanted to download GPS Viewer, but the only link provided takes one to a site which does not have any download links. Nor does the Market page have any download links. Google Maps link takes one to Google homepage! Errr... is that a market or a window display without any shop associated with it?

Onto an iPhone 8GB now - was just delivered. Apparently there are no 16GB phones in the market, since 3GS is expected 'real soon now' - earliest date is expected to be Oct 15. Now to figure out where to insert the SIM card - the supplied documentation assumes SIM card would have been inserted before it reaches the hand of the user. That is simplicity taken too far! Grrrrr...

Edit: *Deeply embarrassed* Figured it out via a YT video! And then I see something printed on the inside of the packet containing the manualets (small manuals) a small diagram and a pin.

Last edited by DerAlte : 5th September 2009 at 17:59.
Old 5th September 2009, 22:56   #5200
Senior - BHPian

Question to symbian gurus.... Will the software written for S60 3rd edition compatible with S60 5th edition. I am asking this because I have almost decided on the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music and was wondering if the software from the 3rd edition N82 would work on it?
Old 5th September 2009, 23:32   #5201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Question to symbian gurus.... Will the software written for S60 3rd edition compatible with S60 5th edition. I am asking this because I have almost decided on the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music and was wondering if the software from the 3rd edition N82 would work on it?

Some apps may work, but u'll have some problems due to the larger screen size. Almost all apps are available for S60 5th edition. PM me if you can't find what you want.
Old 5th September 2009, 23:35   #5202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Some apps may work, but u'll have some problems due to the larger screen size. Almost all apps are available for S60 5th edition. PM me if you can't find what you want.
Thanks Jay for the generosity... really appreciated. I was more concerned about my Garmin GPS navigation software from my N82... will I be able to use in my 5800 Xpress Music??
Old 5th September 2009, 23:49   #5203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Jay for the generosity... really appreciated. I was more concerned about my Garmin GPS navigation software from my N82... will I be able to use in my 5800 Xpress Music??
No probs Et. What version of Garmin are you using? Because, AFAIK, all versions from ver 5.00.30 and forward have special support for the nokia 5800. if you are using an older version, see if its possible to upgrade to a newer version (5.00.50)
Old 6th September 2009, 01:05   #5204
Senior - BHPian

LG cookie 500 - Good or bad

I recently bought a LG cookie 500 after using a nokia N72 for about 2 years.

My wife gifted it to me on my birthday after selling the Nokia N72 for Rs 2700. Although this phone has a 3.2 Mp camera but has not flash facility which is stopping me from clicking pics in the night or in dark areas.

Here are the pros and cons of this phone

Pros

Cheap - Rs 9700
Looks - Great
Features - countless
Charging - has USB charging

Cons

Bad camera - No flash/no clarity although its 3.2mp
very slow - takes ages to access features
Very Delicate - Needs to be handled with care

Now i see more cons than pros - Is anyone facing the problem or is it only me whos facing this?
Old 6th September 2009, 10:28   #5205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
N73 runs on Symbian OS version 9.1 / S60 3rd Edition (S60 3.0) and LCG Smartmovie for Symbian is supported on this platform.

LCG Smartmovie is supported on Symbian S60, S60 3rd edition, UIQ, UIQ 3.0, Series80 and so on...

Do visit this website too please - Lonely Cat Games - SmartMovie
Guys Iv got a bunch of videos I would like to transfer to my phone, compressing size and maintaining some level of quality.

Any recommended mp4 converters to do the job? Im using the n82

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks