Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 11:23   #4651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
im about to pull the trigger on a E71...anything that should stop me???
Check out the max ringer volume. I miss calls when I leave the phone in the room.
Also, If you plan to use mail on the phone. E71 doesn't come with blackberry services it comes with push mail. The operators charge per kb for that, unlike for blackberry services.

Last edited by gendarmee : 26th April 2009 at 11:32.
Old 26th April 2009, 14:37   #4652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Check out the max ringer volume. I miss calls when I leave the phone in the room.
Also, If you plan to use mail on the phone. E71 doesn't come with blackberry services it comes with push mail. The operators charge per kb for that, unlike for blackberry services.
im not really planning on using mail with the phone. Im mainly a message and net freak..
Old 26th April 2009, 19:32   #4653
BHPian

Quote:
im not really planning on using mail with the phone. Im mainly a message and net freak..
Pretty neat for that purpose. keypad takes a bit of getting used too.
GPS isnt that bad, for a phone.
Old 26th April 2009, 19:44   #4654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
^ curious but could you tell us which HTC model you are currently using?
I'm using the HTC s710.

Guys, any suggestions on a good GPS phone?
Old 27th April 2009, 09:28   #4655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Thanku deathwalkr, heard the battery on the diamond isn't gr8, any confirmation ?
well the earlier pack used to come with a 920mAH battery which was rather weak of course for a phone packed with goodies and that amazing screen

anyways the new packing comes with a 1340mAH battery which does prove to be quite sturdy

Last edited by F50 : 27th April 2009 at 09:49.
Old 27th April 2009, 09:39   #4656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
E71 has abominable GPS performance. Over 2 min in open balcony, no fix nothing. Junk GPS. Buy a BT GPS or buy the ASUS phones anyday (from what i've heard).
Quote:
im mainly getting it for the sexiness . and the fact that my N73 has become a piece of junk :(...Ive heard the GPS is ok actually, from the reviews online.
I did not like the GPS at all. Doesnt lock even in open areas. The Nokia Maps application is a piece of junk anyways. Google Maps is slightly better though.

Quote:
E71 comes with Nokia Messaging/Mail which is a good substitute for BB Connect. Of course, there are ways and means to install BB Connect on the E71 also.
Quote:
Pretty neat for that purpose. keypad takes a bit of getting used too.
GPS isnt that bad, for a phone.
Do you use any other GPS application for the phone, other than the bundled one?
Old 28th April 2009, 00:19   #4657
BHPian

Ha, finally getting my 17.5k refund from sony ericsson after the p1i drove me mad. It's taken more than a month but i accept it, I'm happy i fought. Coming to the topic at hand, budget around 19k
3g isn't most important, am quite keen on the diamond but wondering about the following two things.
1-Battery life, deathwlkr said it now comes with 1340mah but on the website atleast it's still shown as 900mah, any confirmation ?
2- How well does it perform when it comes to messaging? can it manage, or atleast be almost as fast as a qwerty.
Any other phones you guys can suggest?
I didn't like the 5800, the interface was really boring, tried the E71 but found it too bussiness like, I'm only 19 and don't want to look too corporate. Something nice and trendy. Listing the features I want to have, not neccesarily in order
1-Gps
2-decent service
3-Decent camera
4-Atleast a day of battery life
5-Wifi
3g would be welcome but not very imp.

Will the diamond support a vodafone/hutch simcard?
I don't want to void my warranty

Last edited by sukrit7 : 28th April 2009 at 00:28. Reason: A doubt
Old 28th April 2009, 01:11   #4658
BHPian

Also wanted to know about the diamond 2, headed to india, price ?
Old 28th April 2009, 02:43   #4659
BHPian

Its looking like the E71 is too rich for my blood...gonna have to go with the E63...which i can get for 8k (phone trade in, etc). Any other options between 10-15k?
Old 28th April 2009, 12:02   #4660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Ha, finally getting my 17.5k refund from sony ericsson after the p1i drove me mad. It's taken more than a month but i accept it, I'm happy i fought. Coming to the topic at hand, budget around 19k
3g isn't most important, am quite keen on the diamond but wondering about the following two things.
1-Battery life, deathwlkr said it now comes with 1340mah but on the website atleast it's still shown as 900mah, any confirmation ?
2- How well does it perform when it comes to messaging? can it manage, or atleast be almost as fast as a qwerty.
Any other phones you guys can suggest?
I didn't like the 5800, the interface was really boring, tried the E71 but found it too bussiness like, I'm only 19 and don't want to look too corporate. Something nice and trendy. Listing the features I want to have, not neccesarily in order
1-Gps
2-decent service
3-Decent camera
4-Atleast a day of battery life
5-Wifi
3g would be welcome but not very imp.

Will the diamond support a vodafone/hutch simcard?
I don't want to void my warranty
The HTC Diamond does indeed come with a 1340mAH battery these days. Just make sure it's a new pack [square in shape as opposed to the diamond shape of the earlier models]. Also unlocking the phone does not void the warranty. The dealer will get you the unlock code and that's all there is to it. No hacking/cracking necessary. But you will have to live with the Airtel startup screen unless you find ways to edit it out

Also the Diamond 2 has not yet been launched in India :(

Pricing should be around 25-30k i guess
Old 28th April 2009, 15:56   #4661
BHPian

Thanks deathwalkr, you seem informed so I shall take your word over htc technical staff etc; No one seems to know about this new package, guess I'll have to look. Know anyone in delhi who'd have it ?

Anything about the 3g yaar?
What's the difference, any reason to not go in for it
Last question, is messaging decent enough ?
Old 28th April 2009, 16:50   #4662
Senior - BHPian

have attached three images which shows the new and old packs. The new pack is the normal square shaped on whereas the old pack is the funny/weird shaped box.

Have also attached the snap of the back where it shows that the battery is 1340mAH

as for messaging while it is finger friendly than most touchscreen phones [no i'm not including the iPhone in this] it would not beat a full QWERTY physical keypad like the MotoQ series or the Nokia E71.

Comparing it with the touch 3G well you do get 3G on the touch3G but not on the diamond plus you can use a memory card on the Touch3G but not on the diamond. but the touch3G only has a 1100mAH battery whereas the diamond has a 1340mAH battery and hey the Touch3G is just an evolution of the Touch whereas the Diamond is well Diamond
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img006.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img007.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img008.jpg  

Old 28th April 2009, 16:59   #4663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Steer, I have heard about this phone before. But isnt the 3G only on one Sim? and heard that the battery drains fast even without 3G/GPS! Any ideas?
Yes it has 3G only one 1 SIM. Makes sense because the price of the handset is on the lower side - 3G chips cost $$$.

The battery does drain out fast, but its about as fast as other dual-SIM phones - two radios obviously drink up more juice than one.

Still I thought the battery life was just about ok (read "tolerable" but not good) for a day's usage. You dont have to charge or manage the charge on 2 phones at the end of the day.

I would keep a car charger in the glovebox with this one + it can be charged over USB when you're working on your PC. My phones are always connected to my PC in any case.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:38   #4664
Team-BHP Support

HELP

My Asus P527 runs on Windows Mobile 6.1
It came with a micro SD card 1GB.

After 3 ~ 4 days of use the contents in the card disappeared.
It was simply not showing up. Either in my phone or when rear via a card reader.
Checkdisk showed a lot of file fragments.

I swapped this card with another 512 MB that I had.

Also formatted the card and was using it in another phone I have.

Yesterday this 512 MB card shows up as blank. But the memory usage is still shown at 300+ MB. The exact same thing which happened earlier.
I can however create new files in the card. I just cannot see the old files.

The 1 GB card has no brand name on it.
The 512 MB has some KingMax written on it.

Is this a problem with my phone or with these cards.
Will getting a new branded SD card resolve my issue.

Please help. Thanks
Old 29th April 2009, 00:27   #4665
BHPian

Deathwalkr, I am indebted to you yaar, you've been of great help. Thanks a lot, received your pm; will call him, have been offered a price of under 18,700, let's c.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks