Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2006, 06:25   #451
BHPian

NOKIA 6270 shall be your fit. It fit in your budget as well. 2 MP Camera, Stereo Speakers with 3D sound effect, extendable memory, new Series 40 UI and so on.
Old 5th February 2006, 06:31   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun
NOKIA 6270 shall be your fit. It fit in your budget as well. 2 MP Camera, Stereo Speakers with 3D sound effect, extendable memory, new Series 40 UI and so on.

just checking it out.also seeing the 6280.any idea how much these are for ?? new Series 40 UI ?? whats that supposed to mean .

Edit : checked them out.i think its great any idea about the price.which ones a better buy 6270 or 6280 ??

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 5th February 2006 at 06:47.
Old 6th February 2006, 00:07   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
ok guys i need help in selecting a phone.priorities are

1) Good Camera.
2) Good Speaker for music.(clarity wise)
3) Upgradable memory.
4) User Friendly.

at first i was thinking about the O2. the atom is out of my budget.thought about the mini but ive got mixed comments about it.as you see i dont really need a pda type phone was just thinking about the O2 cause it has a really good cam.

any way i just thought about the sone ericson k750i.its got a 2.0 mpix cam which is excellent.i think its got a decent speaker.dont know any thin else bout it so can some one who owns it tell me how it is.

Rev

Sorry to say but whoever told ya that xda atom has a good camera is wrong.

None of the windows pda devices have a good camera.

as I see that your first priority is a good camera.

1. sharp 903 perfectly fits the bill. with a 3.2 mp camera with 2x optical zoom, auto focus and flash, its the best camera phone at present. The screen is excellent and the stereo speakers rock too. sharp phones are sold well in Vodafone in UK for its user friendliness(heard of gx-10,gx20,gx-3??)
the only catch is you will have to get it from grey market. also look at the sharp 902 with 2mp camera ferrari edition.

2. Sonyericsson walkman series, d750i,k750i is the second best camera in the market. they are easy to use too and the speakers are good too.

3. samsung d600 is a pretty worthy contender from samsung. the camera quality is as good as sonyericsson's 2mp cams. samsung has always been known for good sound quality. slider design is good too. but samsung battery is not really good the phones are still not long lasting. Still a long way before their phones match the European phones manufacturers quality.

4. Nokia nseries phones are pretty good too. the best thing about these phones is the symbian platform. Lots of applications and games for you to download and install. but these phones are pricey and camera is not as good as the sonyericsson phones.

5. Siemens s75 is the latest launch through salora in India. Comes with an ATI cpu for better graphics and sound. the 1.3 camera with flash & auto focus is pretty good for a phone that is cheaper than the nokia 6230i.

6.nokia 6270 is an excellent phone worthy of being a successor to the 7650. while the new series 40 nokia UI is good its not half as good as the symbian platform. Nothin to loose here though. But the price is steep. Display is good and so are the stereo speakers. the 2mp camera is just about average.

while I personally wont buy a camera phone until good 3.2mp cameras become standard, these are the best in the market. Dont look further.
Old 6th February 2006, 01:47   #454
BHPian

I thought the N90 was the ultimate camera phone with it's Carl Zeiss optics. Also check out the N91. 4GB of internal memory!! The nseries, however, are a little pricey and bulky.

Cheers
Old 6th February 2006, 03:31   #455
Senior - BHPian

hey devarshi
thanx a lot buddy.

sharp ?? is it available in singapore/malaysia ?? and i wont have any problems with warranty or anything incase i get to india na will i ??

3.2 mpix with flash !! man thats good.more than i need from a phone cam.any idea how much it is for ??
i dont like the sony walkman series phones for some reason.they are made for music specifically but that speaker just doesnt do it for me.i dont think its that great.
wheras the k750i.yea i like the cam and like the speaker.any idea how much it costs right now.

samsung...noo i dont think ill want to get one of those.

Nokia Nseries are just too expensive and i dont think its worth the money.yeah even i heard the cam were good in the N series why do you say they arent that great ??

seimens same as samsung not sure if ill wanna pick up one of those.rather get the sony erricson/nokia instead.

lastly nokia 6270 my latest attraction...but you say price is steep ?? how much.i really want this one hope it not out of my budget.

Rev
Old 6th February 2006, 05:03   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriest
I thought the N90 was the ultimate camera phone with it's Carl Zeiss optics. Also check out the N91. 4GB of internal memory!! The nseries, however, are a little pricey and bulky.

Cheers

carl zeiss optics is more of a gimmick from Nokia. sharp 902 outweighs all though even with the 2mp camera. n70 is bad in camera department though.(903 is 3.2).here is a comparo between the nokia,sonyericsson and samsung d600.

http://gsmarena.com/nokia_n90_vs_son...-review-46.php

http://gsmarena.com/samsung_d600-review-51.php

Nokia n91 is not out yet. Its supposed to come out in summer. Till then samsung i300x(new version with 4gb) with windows 2005,stereo speakers,no wireless is doing the rounds. It is pretty expensive though and bulky too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
hey devarshi
thanx a lot buddy.

sharp ?? is it available in singapore/malaysia ?? and i wont have any problems with warranty or anything incase i get to india na will i ??

3.2 mpix with flash !! man thats good.more than i need from a phone cam.any idea how much it is for ??
i dont like the sony walkman series phones for some reason.they are made for music specifically but that speaker just doesnt do it for me.i dont think its that great.
wheras the k750i.yea i like the cam and like the speaker.any idea how much it costs right now.

samsung...noo i dont think ill want to get one of those.

Nokia Nseries are just too expensive and i dont think its worth the money.yeah even i heard the cam were good in the N series why do you say they arent that great ??

seimens same as samsung not sure if ill wanna pick up one of those.rather get the sony erricson/nokia instead.

lastly nokia 6270 my latest attraction...but you say price is steep ?? how much.i really want this one hope it not out of my budget.

Rev
price for nokia 6270 maybe in your budget but I wouldnt pay that amount for a non-smartphone. No doubt it still is pretty much an excellent phone.

903 will be a grey market piece in India but sharp phones are pretty reliable so dont worry about servicing and other stuff.

forum discussion on w900 and sharp 903 is here.

http://www.mobile-review.com/forum2/...ad.php?t=40245

camera of sharp 903

http://www.threegmobile.net/savvy/in...rp-903-review/

sharp 903 homepage for more details

http://www.sharp-phone.com/products/...elcountryid=25
Old 7th February 2006, 00:05   #457
Senior - BHPian

As I had speculated weeks before the pics on the previous page which were rumoured on many webpages as p970 is not P970.

Its known as m600 3g communicator.

http://gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_m6...r-news-162.php
Old 7th February 2006, 10:14   #458
Team-BHP Support

ok...I'm looking at 2 phones

a) light weight (under 100gms), 2MP camera, MMS, must have SD card slot

b) medium weight (under 140 gms), 2MP camera, Wi Fi, MMS, SD card slot

seems like the SE W800 and Nokina E70 would be the best bets. Any other options?

Ideally I'd like a 4MP camera (for 300 Dpi at 6" x8") but I dont think any phone has that.

Last edited by navin : 7th February 2006 at 10:15.
Old 7th February 2006, 10:29   #459
BHPian

I use Nokia 6260.....nokia is reliable..
Old 7th February 2006, 12:34   #460
Senior - BHPian

whats a possible upgrade from the Nokia 7610 ?

Nokia - 6680,6681,N70,9300,9500
SE - P910,W800
O2 - mini , XDA2

what else ?

Im looking for - the goods - cam not so important (1 MP is fine ) , music player not so important , memory is important , the latest features why not ? like wifi n stuff........ or else i might go back to the Nokia 6310i.

Any suggestions people ?
Old 7th February 2006, 12:52   #461
Senior - BHPian

Has the improved version of RAZR V3i been launched in india..????
Does anyone know how much it would cost(approx)...
Old 7th February 2006, 12:55   #462
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
its out for around 17 - 18 not a lot of pieces though. checked it out 2 weeks back
Old 9th February 2006, 23:05   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

seems like the SE W800 and Nokina E70 would be the best bets. Any other options?

Ideally I'd like a 4MP camera (for 300 Dpi at 6" x8") but I dont think any phone has that.

OK some pointers before starting to look at mobile phones.

1.) Good Camera phones are still very expensive to buy. The word good is relative too. A 3.2mp phone camera is still not even half as good as a 2mp digicam.
2.) Wifi standards are still upto Wireless B. Pda's have reached wirelesss G standards and PDA phones with wireless G are not far.
3.) Surfing with wireless on a pda is not really convinient.

ALL that said, Here are some phones for you.

1.) Lightweight phone under 100gms with 2mp camera

philips 960(meets all your requirement but you wouldnt want a philips

panasonic vs6 (good if u dont mind a panasonic phone in your hand)pics not as good as sonyericsson or sharp though)

sonyericsson D750i/k750i/w800i(uses MemoryStick)

samsung d600 (Uses micro sd)

2) Wifi enables 2mp phones

nokia n91- yet to be launched,more music oriented, small screen not ideal for surfing the net

Sonyericsson p990- keeping in line with previous p-series pda, It may make an excellent phone. may be pricey on introduction to the market. not released

nokia E70- small screen but good keypad/. Yet to be released

xda atom- camera certainly not a strong selling point here. Otherwise and excellent phone and a recommended buy.

qtek/imate jamin- same features as an atom. Not many review out yet. Again camera is not a strong USP as all windows devices.

there are some phones with more than 2mp resolutions

sharp 903(my best non-smartphone choice) excellent 3.2mp camera with optical zoom, flash and red-eye reduction. Additionally a 640x480 video recording.

samsung p860- yet to be released, 5mp camera with tv/out. May be available in South East

xcute dv2-available in grey market. Comes with 6mp camera lens. Build quality not the best. I doubt it is interpolated though.

xcute dv- available in grey market. Comes with 3mp lens. agins same build quality and I fear its interpolated too.

best camera phone choice is sharp 903
Old 9th February 2006, 23:09   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Its expensive as of now. Wait for some time. Motorola is going to make a big mistake with a miltitude os Razr products coming out soon. It will be as common as nokia 3310 was once in India. The same is the case right now in N.America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
whats a possible upgrade from the Nokia 7610 ?

Nokia - 6680,6681,N70,9300,9500
SE - P910,W800
O2 - mini , XDA2

what else ?

Im looking for - the goods - cam not so important (1 MP is fine ) , music player not so important , memory is important , the latest features why not ? like wifi n stuff........ or else i might go back to the Nokia 6310i.

Any suggestions people ?
Try the xda atom. import a neonode(not many features but a good gimmick phone). Try out eten M600. There are various other options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

OK some pointers before starting to look at mobile phones.

1.) Good Camera phones are still very expensive to buy. The word good is relative too. A 3.2mp phone camera is still not even half as good as a 2mp digicam.
2.) Wifi standards are still upto Wireless B. Pda's have reached wirelesss G standards and PDA phones with wireless G are not far.
3.) Surfing with wireless on a pda is not really convinient.

ALL that said, Here are some phones for you.

1.) Lightweight phone under 100gms with 2mp camera

philips 960(meets all your requirement but you wouldnt want a philips

panasonic vs6 (good if u dont mind a panasonic phone in your hand)pics not as good as sonyericsson or sharp though)

sonyericsson D750i/k750i/w800i(uses MemoryStick)

samsung d600 (Uses micro sd)

2) Wifi enables 2mp phones

nokia n91- yet to be launched,more music oriented, small screen not ideal for surfing the net

Sonyericsson p990- keeping in line with previous p-series pda, It may make an excellent phone. may be pricey on introduction to the market. not released

nokia E70- small screen but good keypad/. Yet to be released

xda atom- camera certainly not a strong selling point here. Otherwise and excellent phone and a recommended buy.

qtek/imate jamin- same features as an atom. Not many review out yet. Again camera is not a strong USP as all windows devices.

there are some phones with more than 2mp resolutions

sharp 903(my best non-smartphone choice) excellent 3.2mp camera with optical zoom, flash and red-eye reduction. Additionally a 640x480 video recording.

samsung p860- yet to be released, 5mp camera with tv/out. May be available in South East

xcute dv2-available in grey market. Comes with 6mp camera lens. Build quality not the best. I doubt it is interpolated though.

xcute dv- available in grey market. Comes with 3mp lens. agins same build quality and I fear its interpolated too.

best camera phone choice is sharp 903
Old 10th February 2006, 01:30   #465
Senior - BHPian

i have been looking out for sharp but dont seem to find it anywhere.anyway will be going to singapore end march so i guess ill pick it up from there.hey devarshi84 have you any idea how much this will cost me.and you sure its worth getting this one right.instead of the 6270/6280 or the k750i.

rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks