Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 13:25   #4546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
I use E63 and keypad is cramped.So is the E71.
So, if texting/mailing is your priority go for E75.
Thanks deetee.

E75 has to be my next phone as I use my phone for mailing purpose a lot, just not sure for how long I have to wait.
Old 14th April 2009, 18:18   #4547
BHPian

E75 has only 50MB internal memory vs 110 MB of E63/E71.
Also, the battery is just 1000mAh Li-Po where as the E duo has 1500mAh power pack.
However, better keyboard, s60 v3 FP2, Nokia's Push email service (with lotus notes and MS exchage support too), N-gage support are some of the perks it offers over its siblings.

And the price? - about 385 EUR= 25,300 INR.
Indian street prices will not be lower either.
Old 14th April 2009, 18:57   #4548
BHPian

update: for non-qwerty tech savvy (nokia) users, E55 must be the ONE phone they might need.
-- it has got auto-rotating qvga display,
-- Best battery life in class(1500mAh ,not even E75 comes close)
--slimmest(9mm)
--S60 FP2 (future proof),
--Full push email support(just like in E75)
--except IrDA,all other connectivity options
--semi-QW-ER-TY keyboard.
--Good sales package(better than E75).
-- full n-Gage support(pre-installed).
and the DOWNside:
crappy camera.
So, for anyone looking at E71, if you can push the budget,get E75.
Else,E55 comes at same price as E71 is now.
IMHO,E75 is worth only if you need that full QWERTY keyboard.
If QW-ER-TY is good enough for you, then E55 is best VFM.
Old 14th April 2009, 20:13   #4549
BHPian

^hmmnnn..just wen i was bout to buy the E71 this comes out..seriously, its the same price??? this may mean the E71 will get even cheaper. Ok, i have another question now: i have a Samsung SGH-E840 that im getting ready to sell to my friend. Its barely used, been about a year since i got it. I have the headphones and USB cable along with it. How much is it worth??
Old 14th April 2009, 21:11   #4550
Distinguished - BHPian

@deetee: E55 is out too?
Old 14th April 2009, 21:26   #4551
BHPian

IMO QW-ER-TY doesn't work at all in India. I mean like T9, it gets confused the moment it encounters an Indian name or a word from a local language. Then backspacing and correcting is even more tiresome.

And if you turn off the prediction feature, there is no real advantage of this over the regular keypad, and in fact, you would need to relearn typing fast on a mobile device.

Stay clear of QW-ER-TY !!
Old 14th April 2009, 22:31   #4552
Senior - BHPian

I'm completely annoyed with a HTC Touch HD and a Windows Vista laptop between which I'm trying to sync stuff. The most important being 'Contacts'.

The laptop is not used for email. It has Outlook and Windows Mail, both of which are not configured for any email accounts.

In the past, a phone was synced with the laptop, and the contacts now sit in a 'Contacts' folder under c:/users/username/ These are the contacts that are desired to be on the phone. But I don't know how to move them on there. I have tried saving these, presumably Windows Mail Contacts, to a .csv file to export into Outlook, but Outlook refuses to export the file giving an error that a translator is not installed. Tried installing the translator from the Add / Remove Programs>Microsoft Office>Change...etc, but that also stalls after a certain point without warning. I presume it needs the Office installation disc, which I don't have.

What is one supposed to do? Why does it have to be so goddamn confounding just to get a list of numbers from one 21st century device to another?

Thanks everyone in advance. Once I get this, please expect me back in a while to come and crib about how I can't make any sense of the various 'Connections' provided by Windows Mobile on the phone and how one can use them to perform tasks like browsing and running a POP email client (if that is supported) over wi-fi.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 14th April 2009 at 22:33.
Old 15th April 2009, 09:33   #4553
Senior - BHPian

^^ Do you have Active Sync installed on your laptop? That usually takes care of syncing the Contacts etc. even if another phone's contacts were sync'ed with the Outlook installation. You really don't need to export the Contacts from the laptop's Outlook to get it into a WiMo phone.

When you synced the 'other' phone, do you remember having done it to Outlook Express (Windows Mail) contacts or Outlook?

From the way you have described, it looks like you were able to export from the Windows Mail as a CSV file and import it into Outlook. Is that so? If so, don't try to export from Outlook - sync your phone via Active Sync.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:37   #4554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
E55 is out too?
Well, not quite sure about that.
Acc. to Nokia india website it should be available now.But no indian market seems to have got stocks of this handset.
Btw, E55 has got 600Mhz processor.Guess what, it must be too faast for symbian then. E75 has the older 369Mhz ARM.
Amount of Ram is not clear though. I guess it might be atleast 128 MB.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:03   #4555
Team-BHP Support

How was the previous phone synced? Was it using Outlook OR any other phone specific app? If it is latter then first you need to convert these files for outlook, before following these steps.

- make this address book the default address book in your outlook.
- open outlook and check if its showing properly
- In Active sync choose outlook for address book sync
- Sync phone with lap top
Old 15th April 2009, 12:59   #4556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Zenster dude being an old user of the Ming, i can understand your feelings about it nice phone, loved the cool factor associated with it but yes the sound level and the camera just put me off.

Anyways currently Motorola are clearing up a few of their old models and you can pick up a Motorola Q9h for Rs.9990 full sealed box with two chargers,one portable travel charger,1GB card,Stereo headset and data cable.

Moto Q9h:
Windows Mobile 6
256MB ROM
96MB RAM
325MHz Processor
Dual Speakers [Sound is amazing in both clarity and volume]
QWERTY
2MP Cam with LED Flash
And last but definitely not the least it is 3G enabled!

For that price however way you look at it, it is an amazing buy
Wow thats a nice steal..Where is this selling at that price ? any place in bangalore ? cos universell says its 17k
Phone Details :: UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, best mobile phone deals, cellphone accessories
Old 15th April 2009, 14:04   #4557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Do you have Active Sync installed on your laptop? That usually takes care of syncing the Contacts etc. even if another phone's contacts were sync'ed with the Outlook installation. You really don't need to export the Contacts from the laptop's Outlook to get it into a WiMo phone.
Don't know if it's called Active Sync, will check. The contacts were originally transferred to the laptop from a P1i, so whatever defaults the sync software of that phone used.

I know I don't need to export the contacts from Outlook. Its just that aren't any contacts in Outlook. All of them have been saved in the Contacts folder which is for Windows Mail, not Outlook. And I think the software provided with the phone sync contacts only from MS Outlook, and not Outlook Express or Windows Mail. Because of this I was trying to get the contacts imported into Outlook. Windows Mail exports in two formats, VCF and CSV. VCF cannot be imported all at once and has to be done one-by-one. CSV on the other hand gives an error saying that a particular Outlook component is not installed, and hence the import stops. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
When you synced the 'other' phone, do you remember having done it to Outlook Express (Windows Mail) contacts or Outlook?
Might not be to Outlook, because when I open Outlook and look in the Contacts, its empty.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 15th April 2009 at 14:06.
Old 15th April 2009, 14:39   #4558
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Don't know if it's called Active Sync, will check.
In Vista, ActivSync comes pre installed.

Quote:
I know I don't need to export the contacts from Outlook. Its just that aren't any contacts in Outlook. All of them have been saved in the Contacts folder which is for Windows Mail, not Outlook. And I think the software provided with the phone sync contacts only from MS Outlook, and not Outlook Express or Windows Mail.
You are right. Activ Sync syncs only from MS outlook and not from windows mail.

Last edited by zerocritical : 15th April 2009 at 14:42.
Old 15th April 2009, 14:46   #4559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Anyways currently Motorola are clearing up a few of their old models and you can pick up a Motorola Q9h for Rs.9990 full sealed box with two chargers,one portable travel charger,1GB card,Stereo headset and data cable.......
For that price however way you look at it, it is an amazing buy
Where was this offer??

Oh! jeez this could be a an excellent replacement for my aging W200i, which I use for net browsing on the go with opera mini.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 15th April 2009 at 14:51. Reason: Where was this offer??
Old 15th April 2009, 14:47   #4560
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I was trying to get the contacts imported into Outlook. Windows Mail exports in two formats, VCF and CSV. VCF cannot be imported all at once and has to be done one-by-one. CSV on the other hand gives an error saying that a particular Outlook component is not installed, and hence the import stops. :(

Might not be to Outlook, because when I open Outlook and look in the Contacts, its empty.
I used the tips mentioned here
Importing Contacts To Windows Mobile Without MS Outlook Manish’s Blog

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks