BANNED

Nokia has sarted shipping E75 to India.
Old 7th April 2009, 08:04   #4502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Nokia has sarted shipping E75 to India.
E75 will be my next buy.

Any idea on how much it will be for? I hope its not more than 21k.
Old 7th April 2009, 09:09   #4503
Senior - BHPian

I just got a new panel for my Xperia X1. Its a ' On the Road ' Panel meant specially for driving. Its absolutely brilliant.

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-47691_on_the_road_panel.jpg

Just what I needed for when driving. Anyone owning an Xperia , do download this one from Sony's site FREE.

Its got 3 screens - A GPS Screen with recording & tracking routes, a Music player and a dialling screen.

Last edited by vkochar : 7th April 2009 at 09:16. Reason: Added a photo.
Old 7th April 2009, 13:21   #4504
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I just got a new panel for my Xperia X1. Its a ' On the Road ' Panel meant specially for driving. Its absolutely brilliant.

Attachment 121882

Just what I needed for when driving. Anyone owning an Xperia , do download this one from Sony's site FREE.

Its got 3 screens - A GPS Screen with recording & tracking routes, a Music player and a dialling screen.
That panel sure looks cool and offers good utility as well.

Old 7th April 2009, 14:33   #4505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Hydra the screen isn't smaller its slightly recessed into the phone in E63 while E71 its flush.
Just revisted the thread today. This is good to know I was also planning for an E71, but that money got uh, spent. The E63 is the next best possibility for me (considering my E90 has GPS) and if the screens are of the same physical size, I'm all the more happy!
Old 7th April 2009, 16:26   #4506
BHPian

Garmin Mobile XT symbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I'm not sure about the 6210's (Nokia Maps) licence validity. If you mean WayFinder Navigator (What mapmyindia provides, called iNavConnect), it is about 1100/- for 6 months.

I would suggest Garmin Mobile XT symbian edition for your Nokia 6210. Comes with 240 cities below 1000 bucks.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:30   #4507
BHPian

Garmin Mobile XT symbian

Quote:
Thanks for this post! I'd tried mapmyindia on my E90 (the iNavConnect version that need full-time GPRS) a month back, and I found it pretty nice. The only issue was that it needed full-time GPRS connectivity and the payment to them was basically a subscription-type of payment. They had offline SW & maps only for WiMo. Symbian had to use the "connect" version.

I just checked the website and apparently they have an offline version for Symbian now for 3950/-. I just spoke to their customer care guy (very helpful). The SW can't be downloaded online - they send us a CD. I'm going to buy it today. I asked the guy if we can transfer the license and SW to another phone,and he said there is no problem with that. The license will be active on only one phone at a time (and I have to buy a Symbian phone again, of course).

Garmin Mobile XT will work with E70 with 240 city maps.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:33   #4508
BHPian

mapmyindia won't work with N95

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Nokia Maps, don't work for remote location, they will only show the National Highways, they don't even have a road Map of cities like Nagpur, Mumbai and other metros city are shown on Nokia map, while the google map with GPS works quite well, but you need continuous GPRS/EDGE connection, where ever you have internet connection try using Google Map, and 90% time you will put on shown on the exact location.

I have used google map on my N95 with Airtel, mostly airtel support either GPRS/EDGE, am thinking on getting mapmyindia software MapmyIndia.com Online maps, GPS Navigation, Driving Directions, Local Search on my N95, they have offline map of India and seems to have better support, visit there site and if you like that, get this on, it even have route calculation and turn by turn voice navigation.

-Pramod

But the Mapmyindia non-GPRS version won't work with N95. I suggest Garmin mobile XT symbian. It has 240 city maps now.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:38   #4509
BHPian

Shillong maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Santosh Bhai, in some cases, Google Maps may be your only option as it is the only provider which has maps for a particular area (most of NE-India for instance). I have communicated with Satnav and MapMyIndia and they have communicated to me (in writing) that it will take them considerable amount of time to come up with maps for our area. Partly because of less demand and partly due to lack of infrastructure in these areas. Till these companies do the needful, we have to rely on Google Maps.

Seems they have released an updated map database where 401 cities are covered. You will get this just for 2000 bucks
Old 7th April 2009, 18:42   #4510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just revisted the thread today. This is good to know I was also planning for an E71, but that money got uh, spent. The E63 is the next best possibility for me (considering my E90 has GPS) and if the screens are of the same physical size, I'm all the more happy!
Can some kind soul please post pics of the E63 Blue version? AFAIK, there existed only 1 shade of blue. But today a friend told me of a dark blue colour, which looks as good as black.

I went to check out the phone at The Mobile Store, but apparently they are out of stock.
Old 7th April 2009, 18:48   #4511
BANNED

Hi guys,

I am planning for Nokia 5800. Here at Bangalore the price quoted was 19k. Any one knows of better price in either Bangalore/ Hyderabad?

Also, existing users, how is the touch response? anyone facing any issues with the phone?
Old 7th April 2009, 19:28   #4512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Hi guys,

I am planning for Nokia 5800. Here at Bangalore the price quoted was 19k. Any one knows of better price in either Bangalore/ Hyderabad?

Also, existing users, how is the touch response? anyone facing any issues with the phone?
I bought the phone in Jan for 19100/- (including everything + 1 year warranty free) from Planet M.
They had the best prices in Bangalore , i suggest check with them for prices.
about the phone -
- the original firmware was a bit sluggish.
- unresponsive in the gallery when loaded with videos.
updated to latest firmware v20..
-now the phone phone performance has improved a lot
-issue with gallery is resolved.

-It is a good multimedia phone
-Very good battery backup
-GPS and wifi is nice
-but no USB charging

I would recommend the phone to you.

Last edited by ms001 : 7th April 2009 at 19:30.
Old 7th April 2009, 19:40   #4513
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I bought the phone in Jan for 19100/- (including everything + 1 year warranty free) from Planet M.
They had the best prices in Bangalore ,...

I would recommend the phone to you.
Thanks for the quick reply. I heard some one saying its now retailing at around 17.5-18k was not able to find at that price in Univercell, and some other shops. Will try Planet M tomorrow.
Should I try @ National Market as well? Does phones from National Market carry 1yr warranty?

Also I was particularly interested to know how the touch sensor responds. Is it like the iphone's response to fingers or like HTC's?

Last edited by zerocritical : 7th April 2009 at 19:42.
Old 7th April 2009, 20:02   #4514
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I heard some one saying its now retailing at around 17.5-18k was not able to find at that price in Univercell, and some other shops. Will try Planet M tomorrow.
Should I try @ National Market as well? Does phones from National Market carry 1yr warranty?

Also I was particularly interested to know how the touch sensor responds. Is it like the iphone's response to fingers or like HTC's?
it was 17.5 at the nokia priority store here near MS Ramaiah hospital..so try there if its not too out of the way.
Old 7th April 2009, 21:31   #4515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

stay away from national market , buy it from a reputed dealer/retailer.

The touch sensitivity is not as good as I-Phone.
It is responsive , but does not have the finesse of the i phone.
The UI is just a simple single touch interface.I dont think it can be compared to I Phone , in-fact LG/Samsung are much better than Nokia in the touch department.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks