Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:34   #4411
BANNED

Motorola AURA : Costs Rs 1,11,000.00

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-aphoto.cms.jpg
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-bphoto.cms.jpg
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-cphoto.cms.jpg
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-dphoto.cms.jpg
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:18   #4412
BHPian

The Motorola Aura in India is well overpriced.
Online retailers in US are selling it for $1600 or less. That's approx Rs80,000.
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:31   #4413
BANNED

Motorolla is aimming in wrong direction, their main market ie. budget end is almost dead! In times of extreme slowdown, cheaper phones are way to go.
Though this device is aimed at uber rick to whom slowdown is a word only, but the demand for super luxury items has also decreased.
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:37   #4414
BHPian

Guys, Need your kind help.

My better half needs to buy a phone. Shes more interested in the looks part compared to the functionality. Around 13,000 INR

Can you suggest me a good phone in Sony erricson or Nokia. We did search Nokia, but felt N73 was not good. I need to search more in Nokia and Sony E. Hence this post. Kindly guide me in this pleaseeeeee.
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:35   #4415
F50
Senior - BHPian

Few months back I had posted about how my N82' camera starts on its own. I didnt understand what is happening nor someone knew. But today, I had gone to Nokia center but for some reasons, the system was reflecting that my phone is already out of warranty which is not the case, still 10 days left. I forgot to carry my bill.

While sitting below the Nokia Center, I found that as soon as N82 passes over the magnets of the phone cover the camera starts. I did that atleast ten times and all the ten times the camera started. Voila that was the reason of the camera suddenly starting.
Apparently, N82 camera has a magnetic sensor in it, so whenever you open the shutter the camera starts. So as soon as the phone passes over the magnets, the phone thinks that the shutter is open but actually its not and therefore the front camera starts! So people stop using phone covers with magnets or use ones with less powerful magnet!

Now my question is, has this magnet thingy harmed my phone? Should I still go ahead and get it checked with Nokia? If such thing harmless then better not to show.
Need your suggestions, I have only 10 days in hand.
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:40   #4416
BANNED

@Lamb, Nokia Supernova 7610 is a good phone for fair sex.
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:13   #4417
BHPian

not being able to interface n95 via usb in data transfer mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@mcmayank, I'd back aZa's recommendation of shozu.

For the image processing, this might help: PhotoRite SP - Nokia Symbian Series60 S60 2nd 3rd Edition Photo Imaging Camera Viewer Editor Software Download. The mobile imaging software that unleash your imagination. For Nokia 3250, 5500, 5700, 6110, 6290, N71, N72, N73, N75, N76, N77, N80, N91,
It has a one-click autofix button that does exactly what you want

@Ram, I must agree with you. Somebody for whom the N82 was a perfect solution will not be able to get a new phone that fills the N82's shoes completely. Another TBHPian and I were having just the same discussion 3 days back -- he wanted to get a new phone, but we both could not figure out which of the current ones were the best replacements. I think he too bought another N82.
Thanks guys.. I know about Shozu.. had some trouble when i installed it a few months back. Will update you on what the issue is.

I am currently having trouble transferring data. I connect thru a USB cable and it used to work fine. Now what happens is that the phone is showing as connected thru USB but 'my computer' does not show it.
Also, when I connect via PC suite, PC suite gives some error and closes.

So currently not being able to transfer data b/w my phone and PC. Pls help!
Old 3rd March 2009, 01:48   #4418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys, Need your kind help.

My better half needs to buy a phone. Shes more interested in the looks part compared to the functionality. Around 13,000 INR

Can you suggest me a good phone in Sony erricson or Nokia. We did search Nokia, but felt N73 was not good. I need to search more in Nokia and Sony E. Hence this post. Kindly guide me in this pleaseeeeee.
look at w350i. I gave it to my friend's wife. She liked it for its sleekness and delicate feel.
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:28   #4419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
@Lamb, Nokia Supernova 7610 is a good phone for fair sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
look at w350i. I gave it to my friend's wife. She liked it for its sleekness and delicate feel.
Thanks a lot guys for your help. Will have a look at the said models.

Love to hear your replies
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:32   #4420
Senior - BHPian

Nokia E51 - failed to restore calendar backup

Ok, so here's the weird issue (2nd time with Nokia E51 by the way!)

Two days ago, I backed up my phone fully, in preparation of upgrading the firmware. After updation, I restored the backup. However, I find that all Calendar entries are missing.

I have tried restoring the calendar alone. The progress bar shows it is doing so. Phone restarts after the restore, but actually nothing is back on the phone.

I have even tried restoring the calendar from old backups which i have previously restored successfully and the calendar still remains blank.

Has anybody else faced the same problem? Any workaround for this? I badly need my calendar data as it has my appointments (650+) and a lot of critical birthday/anniversaries data.

If there is any way I can read the backup data file (and possibly export just that into Outlook etc), that would be considered too.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 3rd March 2009 at 10:37.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:40   #4421
BHPian

i have had the same problem in E51, it does not seem to work. my workaround then was to use my wife's phone and restore the calendar to that phone, then export the whole thing to google calendar. i then went back to my E51 and synchronised the calendar with google calendar.

hope this helps.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:56   #4422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
i have had the same problem in E51, it does not seem to work. my workaround then was to use my wife's phone and restore the calendar to that phone, then export the whole thing to google calendar. i then went back to my E51 and synchronised the calendar with google calendar.

hope this helps.
@bharanidharang - thanks for the quick reply. If I understand correct, you essentially restored the calendar backup to another Nokia phone - then synced that with Google Calendar - which you synced to your E51, right?

That sounds workable. I can try that with my wife's 5310 phone.

Could you also tell me how to sync with Google Calendar?
Old 3rd March 2009, 13:13   #4423
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Try syncing with OVI, its a safe place to save all ur contacts, calenders etc. Google has just released their own sync, for S60 devices. But if u just want calender to be synced with google calender u can use CALSYNC, i have used this on N and E series both, it works like a charm.
Old 3rd March 2009, 13:22   #4424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
@bharanidharang - thanks for the quick reply. If I understand correct, you essentially restored the calendar backup to another Nokia phone - then synced that with Google Calendar - which you synced to your E51, right?

That sounds workable. I can try that with my wife's 5310 phone.

Could you also tell me how to sync with Google Calendar?
@nishantgandhi - Yes, you have understood it correctly.

I do sync through a longer route. I sync mobile with outlook through pcsuite. Then outlook and google calendar with oggsync (OggSync - Sync Google Calendar and Contacts with Outlook and Windows Mobile Device Sync (including Microsoft Office))

there are other tools which do it for you directly.

You can maybe try this Google Mobile - Sync
Old 3rd March 2009, 16:03   #4425
Senior - BHPian

Htc P3300

A year ago,I faced a big decision in front of me. I wanted to upgrade from a motorola (forget the model but it had an awesome music quality) to a smartphone. Two shortlisted phones were the sony ericson P1 and HTC p3300. I thought a lot and ended up buying both. I am using the HTCp3300 and my wife is using the P1. Believe me, except for calls, I've not used any other features of either phones. I even have GPS on my HTC but I've never used. 1 feature which I do use regularly is WiFi. Both phones have WiFi and I browse Internet on this quite often.
Are there anybody else having HTCp3300? Give me some ideas how I can customise these phones to use up all the features.
Also, after formatting the HTC, GPS doesn't work.Does anybody have any clue of what needs to be done to get it back to working?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks