Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2005, 07:50   #406
Team-BHP Support

nokia has a few unresolved issues. one of which is the slow symbian bios. I think they are also waiting for SD / flash prices to fall (or negotiate better prices with their suppliers) so that they can use SS memory instead of a hard disk at the advertised price.

It is true that for anything less than 10GB SS is IT! Hard disks are only useful whe data is 10GB+.
Old 28th December 2005, 00:19   #407
Senior - BHPian

boy try linux. its fast and easy to use. open end is for the programmers. you;ll forget windows or symbian.

take my word on that.
Old 28th December 2005, 02:56   #408
BHPian

i use Sony Ericsson T68i....waiting for the launch of P990i so that I can buy a P910i.....Man, I am so cheap....
Old 28th December 2005, 03:27   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
boy try linux. its fast and easy to use. open end is for the programmers. you;ll forget windows or symbian.

take my word on that.
I guess you're going to have to tell Nokia that!
Old 28th December 2005, 09:02   #410
Team-BHP Support

There are linux based phones in the market already
http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT9423084269.html
Old 30th December 2005, 10:45   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil
I guess you're going to have to tell Nokia that!

Nokia is already on it buddy.symbian had a negative growth this year which has worried nokia.

some of the linux phones in the market are

motrola A780 (proffesional pda phone)
motorola E680i (stereo speakers and intel xscale cpu)
siemens sxg75 (also has gps and 3g video calling)
Old 4th January 2006, 20:10   #412
BHPian

i recently purchased an LG M-4410 music phone .. i find it good .. costed me 12000 bucks .. its a flip top .. comes with an 72 MB memory card, Bluetooth ear piece and USB cable .. but most surprising thing is that this phone has only 20 Sec video playback in Silent Mode .. No sound with video ????? it has an MP3 player .. and no speaker facility ???
Old 4th January 2006, 20:24   #413
BHPian

I use a SE K700i, since almost a year. Has survived quite nasty falls and going great till now. Did'nt wanna get a Nokia as it has become too common. My next phone is goin to be a P910i or a K750i.
Old 10th January 2006, 03:49   #414
Senior - BHPian

motorola is the highest innovating company but sometimes the quality is a bit compromised

SE has the best quality and durability but their prices fall so sharply it hurts the consumers badly.

nokia suck at basically everything other than symbian which is again at the verge of extinction. proof is nokia accepting linux as OS for 770.

LG and samsung are still the copycats(sorry lg and samsung owners but its true)

siemens has been the most robust and easy to use phones at good price. which have unfortunately not done well in India. maybe Benqsiemens will change that. (watch for sxg75 all in one and s75 multimedia phones)
Old 10th January 2006, 07:14   #415
BHPian

what does one have to look for in a PDA other than it being a pretty big smack on pockets n not at all handy...i would pick up a mobile with latest features or a lappy anyday than a PDA...
Old 10th January 2006, 07:26   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
any one here used an motorola v3 razr???
dunno why but my fascination for that phone is increasing by leaps and bounds
mrp here is 24k with bluetooth and a lucky draw for a plasma tv

whats the price in mumbai and the us?
moto razer v3 comes with 4 x digital zoom VGA camera...its slim like Paris Hilton..one mre reason to buy if ur a fan of hers..it has features such as
Integrated Class 1 Bluetooth® wireless technology
22kHz polyphonic speaker with MP3 ringer support
MPEG4 video Playback
3D Graphics Engine
Java™ MIDP 2.0\
Dedicated Messaging & Browser keys ...comes at 600$ USD...
Old 10th January 2006, 13:44   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Ambylimo,
there is a new Moto Razr V3i launched. It has a 1.23MP camera with expandable memory.
I too am in love with the phone. Specially in Black.
It's around 10K here in the gray market.
Old 10th January 2006, 14:10   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
motorola is the highest innovating company but sometimes the quality is a bit compromised

SE has the best quality and durability but their prices fall so sharply it hurts the consumers badly.

nokia suck at basically everything other than symbian which is again at the verge of extinction. proof is nokia accepting linux as OS for 770.

siemens has been the most robust and easy to use phones at good price. which have unfortunately not done well in India. maybe Benqsiemens will change that. (watch for sxg75 all in one and s75 multimedia phones)
Nokia SUX.... u cudnt be more wrong dude! It can take punishment like no other in the market can.... ppl swear by the reliability and resale value of a Nokia. A smart phone for 9700Rs (Nokia 6600)... beat that!
Old 10th January 2006, 14:10   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nokia SUX.... u cudnt be more wrong dude! It can take punishment like no other in the market can.... ppl swear by the reliability and resale value of a Nokia. A smart phone for 9700Rs (Nokia 6600)... beat that!
BTW i use a SE K700i.
Old 11th January 2006, 05:06   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
BTW i use a SE K700i.

buddy Nokia is number1 just because of its sales in India and now Europe(taking siemens place). Its not a leader in N.america or SouthEast either.

SIemens phones take more punishment than nokias. Nokias are only famous in India.

SIemens sx1 available for sale in INdia until last month was available for 8700 and also had an excellent mp3 player, radio,symbian, external hotswap card and fullscreen video player.

Now beat that. Nokia sucks because they dont innovate. Symbian is old now. Symbian 9.0 is nothin but a copy of windows mobile.

and most of the people here will agree that a good phone is not judged by its resale value.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks