Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:09   #3841
BHPian

was just browsing around - any updates on the htc touch hd, samsung omnia and xperia x1.
Also as far as camera phones go, how good are the c905, c902 and c702.
Old 22nd September 2008, 12:42   #3842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
This will the HTC TynTyn II right? Does this still cost 30k here?
Picked it up through craglist for 18K. The lowest quote I got it India is 28K

Nirmal
Old 22nd September 2008, 12:57   #3843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
is this with b/w ? If yes than thats a very nice price
Not with b/w. With b/w it will cost atleast 28k in India. This was a unlocked AT&T one through craiglist, but unused. HTC doesnt give international warranty I guess. So with b/w you will have to buy it in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
How is the TyTn II interface speed? i am waiting for the HTC Touch Pro for replacing my 9300i after getting disappointed with the lack of features in the E90 from the 9300i.
Tytn II with 400mhz processor is definitely faster than HTC Touch with 200mhz. But I feel to use it as a PDA it is still not fast enough. I was using a 624Mhz HP Ipaq. Coming from that, it appears a bit slow.

You could skip Touch Pro and probably go for the newly lauched Touch HD series.

Nirmal
Old 22nd September 2008, 17:10   #3844
Senior - BHPian

BB Connect or MFE?

I am a bit lost at the moment. I have a Nokia E51 (Symbian OS).

I want to have push email capabilities on my handphone. Now I have the ioption of either:
1. BlackBerry Connect
2. Mail For Exchange

I have heard that MFE is not real time push, but more like a 5 minute interval pull. Is that still applicable for the latest version (2.5)?

Also, when I checked with Vodafone Customer Care, they said I need BlackBerry data plan for BB Connect (RS 899/unlimited data) but for MFE, I would need "Vodafone Mobile Connect" (I guess this is their EDGE equivalent). That costs a little less i.e. Rs 699/unlimited data.

Can someone guide me in a nutshell which is the best push email service to go for? I do not mind paying Rs 200 extra for BB Connect data plan.

Also, if I purchase a BlackBerry handset, can I transfer the BB Connect enabled SIM card in that and continue using the same data plan?

EDIT: A friend who is using BB Connect on E51 tells me that you cannot use that for net browsing??!! Does he mean you cannot use that ACCESS POINT? Or is there something I am missing here?

That brings me to the next question - if I have BB Connect data plan activated:
a. Do I have to get my Vodafone Live data plan de-activated? Or does it get de-activated by default?
b. Can I use BB PIN and Gtalk, YM etc applications like I would on a BB handset?

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 22nd September 2008 at 17:15.
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:23   #3845
Senior - BHPian

My N82 battery already seems to have conked out. Charge doesnt last for more than a few hours. And its not even been 3 months since I've bought it.

Does Nokia replace defective batteries under warranty ?
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:38   #3846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
My N82 battery already seems to have conked out. Charge doesnt last for more than a few hours. And its not even been 3 months since I've bought it.

Does Nokia replace defective batteries under warranty ?

AFAIK and remember Nokia does replace batteries under warranty (atleast for the first six months I am sure it does)
Old 22nd September 2008, 23:05   #3847
BHPian

@Nishant, for MFE even the basic GPRS will do, ie, no rental, pay on use or 49 bucks and 5 MB free.
Old 22nd September 2008, 23:19   #3848
BHPian

@Nishant !

Try Emoze from emoze.com - a FREE pushmail service. Download & install the client from their website, configure it with your e-mail settings and you are done.
Old 23rd September 2008, 01:03   #3849
aZa
Senior - BHPian

or try live.mail2web.com
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:58   #3850
BHPian

Short review of my cousin's N96: (The first N96 in Tirunelveli it seems)

Big screen
Good camera
Looks smaller (longer but narrower) than the N95 8GB
Lots of customizable apps
Loud speaker (2 speakers on 2 corners of the phone)
Good browsing experience

Buggy as HELL

Had to restart 5 times in 30 minutes
Very expensive @ 33 K

Guess the N95 8 GB is a better choice now, I like its looks better, don't think it is as buggy as the N96. All with 10k less cash.
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:17   #3851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
@Nishant, for MFE even the basic GPRS will do, ie, no rental, pay on use or 49 bucks and 5 MB free.
I was trying to PM you on the earlier post where you had replied to my similar query, but was unable to find that post. You are using MFE on Basic GPRS right? What all details/data do I need from my IT deptt. to set up MFE? Voda CC is wanting to coax me into subscribing for the EDGE plan. But my requirement for push email is not 24x7 so I do not want to keep MFE connection active all the time.

Also, can you get other (Web enabled) emails like Yahoo, Gmail, Rediff thru MFE? Or do I need EDGE/BB Connect for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkSansFerrari View Post
@Nishant !

Try Emoze from emoze.com - a FREE pushmail service. Download & install the client from their website, configure it with your e-mail settings and you are done.
Tried it some months back but was not too satisfied with attachment handling and push capabilities. Also, it worked well on my home Wifi network but refused to connect on GPRS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
or try live.mail2web.com
Thanks, gonna check that out now. However, what I heard was that Live Mail2Web was only for WiMo enabled phones?

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 23rd September 2008 at 16:26.
Old 24th September 2008, 00:17   #3852
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using Nokia 6210 navigator?

I'm buying the phone mainly because of GPS. How useful is the GPS? Also, after 6 months, how much is the cost of navigator licence?
Old 24th September 2008, 01:49   #3853
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, gonna check that out now. However, what I heard was that Live Mail2Web was only for WiMo enabled phones?
oh hell no i'm using it on my Nokia N82 for months now ... works purrfecktly

i had a chance to play around with my friends N96 the phone i beleive is available on at nokia priority as of now. And as someone said its buggy as hell, the phone in stock form (read : without any aftermarket applications) hung twice. the keys ermm... i dunno didn't feel right. the screen is beautiful though. the DVB-H is crystal clear and smooth. NO camera lens cover is a big omission i think and so is the xenon flash. But the photos are very acceptable with the twin leds too. Not worth an upgrade from an N82 though.

Last edited by aZa : 24th September 2008 at 01:53.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:02   #3854
Distinguished - BHPian

Need to trasnfer data from Nokia 6230i(symbian40 2nd edition) to Nokia 6500 classic(symbian40 5th edition). The contacts transfer fine, but the calender does not come through.
How can i reslove this?
Old 29th September 2008, 18:12   #3855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Need to trasnfer data from Nokia 6230i(symbian40 2nd edition) to Nokia 6500 classic(symbian40 5th edition). The contacts transfer fine, but the calender does not come through.
How can i reslove this?
I had a similar problem yesterday. Updated the firmware on my E51 and restored the data. Everything got synced back perfectly except Calendar items. Tried restoring from memory card also but the same problem.

Luckily I had the back up from my previous phone (E61i) and was able to restore upto 80% of my calendar entries. However, did lost out some data and I'm clueless on solving this problem.

Is it because E51 is on a different version of Symbian than E61i and both are not compatible? I am saying this because my backup sync of E61i reads "Calendar" and "Notes" as two separate data items, while the sync from E51 reads "Calendar and Notes" as one entry.

Any suggestions anybody?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks