Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2008, 23:17   #3676
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Errrr my N82 had a speaker problem but it was fixed in a week, No replacement phone provided.

Heavy foot : Were u using the latest firmware 20.0.0...something?
Old 15th August 2008, 01:08   #3677
BANNED

@AZA, yeah it had the latest firmware. 2xxxxx somthing. The other issue with the loudspeaker was that it hardly made any sound when playing music or radio, it was very very low. Did you have the same issue with you N82?
Old 15th August 2008, 14:53   #3678
aZa
Senior - BHPian

yes, infact one of the speakers wasn't working. the lower one. But now after the trip to nokia care i find the volume louder and both the speakers are working.
Old 15th August 2008, 15:19   #3679
BHPian

I am facing a peculiar problem with my E71. I have set up my message application to use the memory card as default. the problem occurs when i connect to the laptop via pc sync and then disconnect it. the memory card then becomes unavailable. to fix this i have to manually select the phone memory as the default memory and then exit the menu to home screen. then reopen the message application and then reselect the memory card as the default memory in use.

has anybody experienced this glitch?
what can be done to circumvent it??
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-screenshot0008.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-screenshot0009.jpg  

Old 15th August 2008, 19:27   #3680
BHPian

@ Nishant, I use the 49 bucks per month gprs plan which gives 5 mb transfer free.

My usage is not 24x7. I only use it during off peak hours (in my case 4AM to 6PM), and it is constantly connected during that time. Till date I have never exceeded the 5 MB limit. I get close to 20-30 emails during that time. Hope this helps.
Old 15th August 2008, 23:29   #3681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
I am facing a peculiar problem with my E71. I have set up my message application to use the memory card as default. the problem occurs when i connect to the laptop via pc sync and then disconnect it. the memory card then becomes unavailable. to fix this i have to manually select the phone memory as the default memory and then exit the menu to home screen. then reopen the message application and then reselect the memory card as the default memory in use.

has anybody experienced this glitch?
what can be done to circumvent it??
I had faced the same problem once with my E71, But i just removed the card and cleaned the tip and reinserted it. Has been a week havent faced it till now and i connect it to the laptop regularly. Just make sure your connection cable is properly placed , these cables are damn sensitive to slightest of shake.
Old 16th August 2008, 01:28   #3682
BHPian

redrage,
before posting, i tried everything from cleaning the memory card to formatting it, but of no avail.
i also connected the phone via bluetooth but had the same problem on disconnecting, so i guess that rules out a shaky cable connection.
dont know what could be the culprit..
Old 16th August 2008, 09:44   #3683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
redrage,
before posting, i tried everything from cleaning the memory card to formatting it, but of no avail.
i also connected the phone via bluetooth but had the same problem on disconnecting, so i guess that rules out a shaky cable connection.
dont know what could be the culprit..
Best thing would be take your phone along with your laptop to a nokia priority care and explain to them, Dont how how efficient they would be in providing a solution but worth a try at least.
Old 16th August 2008, 12:15   #3684
BHPian

@Nokia users: What is the easiest picture sharing utility to upload photos directly from your mobile device. I have a nokia n95 8gb and am looking for something thats easy in terms of:
1. Option to seamlessly upload pics from image gallery
2. Something that's downloadable as an application maybe? (flickr or something?I tried vox but it's not all that popular amongst other users)
3. Geotagging
Also the other question of viewing images online. The quality is usually poor specially on sites like google image search and facebook. Is there a way around this?
Old 16th August 2008, 12:24   #3685
Senior - BHPian

Am getting in delhi, the following with a free bluetooth ( not refundable assume ~700 ish)
N73 (non ME): 10800
K790i : 10800
LG KP320: 7500.

It looked okay, but does it do its job decent? Others are 3G, this one is not. All are A2DP.

Suggest maadi.
Old 16th August 2008, 13:33   #3686
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
@Nokia users: What is the easiest picture sharing utility to upload photos directly from your mobile device. I have a nokia n95 8gb and am looking for something thats easy in terms of:
1. Option to seamlessly upload pics from image gallery
2. Something that's downloadable as an application maybe? (flickr or something?I tried vox but it's not all that popular amongst other users)
3. Geotagging
Also the other question of viewing images online. The quality is usually poor specially on sites like google image search and facebook. Is there a way around this?
Mayank the software depends on the sites you want to upload your images to. Nokia's SHARE ONLINE works pretty well for one, it also has a status display on the standby screen below the wifi selection.

The app i use regularly is SHOZU , If you authorize SHOZU APP on facebook then it will create an ablum for you and upload ur pics with Data/time from exif data as titles directly from ur mobile. It has flickr also as a service among a lot of other uploadable sites.
Old 17th August 2008, 07:16   #3687
BHPian

Guys any idea when is samsung omnia coming to india official ?
Old 17th August 2008, 20:19   #3688
BHPian

If samsung omnia is lauched the same time iphone will loose business for sure , omnia is 100 times better than iphone that too it will there with out any contract..
Old 17th August 2008, 23:33   #3689
BHPian

Omnia is already available for 48K in India. Check ebay :-)

Even authentic launch wud be more than 35K according to news :-)
Old 18th August 2008, 03:47   #3690
BHPian

iam getting for 38 k grey market, but i want official piece.. hope they launch it soon. i want it bad.

Most Viewed