Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2008, 17:39   #3616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
for me, what puts the HTC Touch forward of n95 is the touchscreen and the ability to change anything in the phone.

Otherwise I am sure that N95 has much more than the touch.
I am not a fan of touchscreen besides what is it that symbian can't do and windows mobile can?
Old 5th August 2008, 17:44   #3617
BHPian

Well I currently use the n95, which is not very differnet from the 8gb version, and am looking for a new phone. I think to some extent you are right, as I am not able to find an easy upgrade to this phone, even after it is more than a year old, but i am pretty bored of the interface and want to try something new. I think I will wait for the bold and x1 and wait for someone i know to buy the e71, before i make up my mind. I know the e71 is in the same vein as the n95 but looks good and feels solid.
Old 5th August 2008, 18:17   #3618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
@mav2000
It's the first gen Touch (enhanced Elfin version).
I was tempted by the Diamond, but with the Touch Pro due within the next few months and SE X1 late this year/early next year; I am going to use this as a stop gap measure.
The N95 is a very good phone, but the Touch is a different purpose phone. Some of the bugs in S60 drove me crazy, like when you receive/miss a call, if the number is in contacts, it doesn't tell you whether the call was from home/office/mobile. You have to open up the log and look up the number to find out where it came from.
I do endorse the same sentiments. However i find touchscreens a nuisance. very hard to dial a number with one hand and moreover i find Symbian better than Windows as windows got more bugs.
Old 5th August 2008, 22:58   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ D.V.R - Actually, I'm changing my Atom.

ASUS FTW !!!!

just got one and love it
Old 6th August 2008, 12:43   #3620
BHPian

Hi,

I have a problem with my e50, its rubber-top that has the on-off switch has come off, and is not going back in properly. There is a part that stays curved and comes off whenever the phone rubs against anything.

Do you think an DIY adhesive might help, or Nokia service would be better?
Old 6th August 2008, 14:36   #3621
BHPian

Bought The E71 yesterday, brilliant phone. Browsing capabilities are amazing and has got GPS too...
Old 6th August 2008, 14:50   #3622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simran View Post
Hi,

I have a problem with my e50, its rubber-top that has the on-off switch has come off, and is not going back in properly. There is a part that stays curved and comes off whenever the phone rubs against anything.

Welcome to the club dude! Thats the 4th case (including mine) of E50's rubber top coming off that I have heard. I unsuccessfully tried to stick it back but it never fit properly like stock finish. I gave up and later sold the phone. Check with Nokia Care Center and they would be the best people to fix it. Last when I had enquired, they asked for Rs 300 so I refused.
Old 6th August 2008, 19:10   #3623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Welcome to the club dude! Thats the 4th case (including mine) of E50's rubber top coming off that I have heard. I unsuccessfully tried to stick it back but it never fit properly like stock finish. I gave up and later sold the phone. Check with Nokia Care Center and they would be the best people to fix it. Last when I had enquired, they asked for Rs 300 so I refused.
Well, there are a couple of guys in my office with the same problem. One of them got quoted Rs. 1100 for repairing. I got rid of the problem myself.

These are the steps I followed:

1. Cut a very thin slice from the far end using a pair of scissors. The rubber head will now fit properly.
2. Put very little fevi-quick at 3 points
3. Carefully lay out the rubber and press slightly.

If any complications arise, i'll update this thread. Right now, it looks Ok.
Old 6th August 2008, 20:17   #3624
Senior - BHPian

Guys any idea about the next N82 firmware upgrade? Can we expect Nokia to provide us with FP2? The FP2 is pretty good beacuse even with a 900 mah battery the Nokia 6220 trumps the N82 with better battery life. I just hope and pray Nokia provides us with FP2 for N82.
Old 6th August 2008, 20:24   #3625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simran View Post
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
lol add me to the club people I faced the same problem for a while . Then it stopped responding and finally just died on me leaving me without 500 plus phone numbers. The service guy made a bill of 2500 bucks and asked me to take the phone and come back when they got another part (which was out of stock). I just left the phone with them and got the e51 and boy, this one really really rocks.
Old 6th August 2008, 21:14   #3626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Bought The E71 yesterday, brilliant phone. Browsing capabilities are amazing and has got GPS too...
How much did you pay for it? I dint know it had GPS.

And take a backup of memory card as some software are loaded on it.
Old 7th August 2008, 09:17   #3627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
How much did you pay for it? I dint know it had GPS.

And take a backup of memory card as some software are loaded on it.
Hi jk, I paid 19.2 k with 1 year warranty. Yeah it comes preloaded with gps , 3 months free navigation , thanks for reminding me to backup !
Old 7th August 2008, 09:28   #3628
BHPian

Currently using Nokia N70. Planning for an upgrade soon. I have short listed 3 models ... Nokia E66, E71 and Apple iPhone (which is being launched on August 22 in India by Airtel).
Old 7th August 2008, 09:34   #3629
BHPian

I am on a Airtel postpaid connection presently. Any idea if i will be able to go for iphone from Airtel with my existing plan? Else E71.. here i come..
Old 7th August 2008, 09:35   #3630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
congrats redrage,
does the E71 support VoIP???
cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks