Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2008, 20:19   #3451
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
@DerAlte - Hi they were looking at aroun d 26,500 for the Touch Diamond, but may be locked to Airtel. If you are talking about the Diamond with the keyboard, then its not yet available. Touch cruise is still over 30k.
Did you confirm its 3G? Then the price quoted seems ok, since it comes with warranty and unlocking is a simple job in win mob
Old 8th July 2008, 16:42   #3452
Senior - BHPian

BlackBerry Thunder 9500 surfaces, taking on iPhone 3G

The full touch-based BlackBerry Thunder 9500 has been awash in rumors online. Now several official photos have leaked to prove that the Thunder is a real deal and it will boast a spanking new Blackberry Touch UI OS.

If you have accidentally felt that you may be riding the tech wave with your super latest high tech mobile phone, RIM might just be able to prove you wrong. While we are still waiting for an official announcement, meet the BlackBerry Thunder.

The BlackBerry Thunder 9500 will run on a new Blackberry OS that's fully touch-centric and will sport a 2.5" 65K color touchscreen TFT display with 360 x 480 pixels resolution. Most importantly it will be a hybrid device, working in GSM and EV-DO networks supporting EDGE/HSDPA and built-in GPS.

Interestingly enough, those press-grade photos leak just days before the Apple iPhone 3G release in what seems to be a Blackberry PR attempt to dissuade some potential iPhone 3G customers.

And indeed, it looks like Apple iPhone 3G has got a tough competitor in the face of the BlackBerry Thunder. The latter will run a carrier music store which is similar to the iPhone's iTunes store and will allow users to purchase songs directly from their device.

Internet browsing on BlackBerry Thunder will be significantly improved to match the superb Safari browser in the iPhone. We hope the Thunder will also sport the sweet auto screen rotation feature as well - it's all about accelerometers these days.

The feature-rich device will probably run on the 624 MHz CPU known from the recently announced Blackberry Bold.

The BlackBerry Thunder 9500 will be exclusively available for Verizon and Vodafone customers but its pricing and availability are not confirmed by a reliable source.

(Source)
Old 8th July 2008, 18:33   #3453
BANNED

Im looking to buy a new phone for myself & have shortlisted (all NOKIAS):
E90,
N95 8GB,
N82,
N78,
E66,
E71.
Quite a list, i know e90 is best & n95 8gb too.
N82 is better than n78 , till both are on same price.
Want to know more about E66 & E71, which is better?
And which will be the best among all?
Old 9th July 2008, 11:34   #3454
BHPian

The Omnia i900 is a great phone, except for the screen, does not seem to match the quality of the vga screen on the diamond. But the camera is great.

@bhp1, f you can afford it go for the e90, but then it depends on your usage and what you need the phone for. The e90 is great for office use and the n95 8gb will be better if you want a good multimedia phone with a nice camera.
Old 9th July 2008, 12:17   #3455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Im looking to buy a new phone for myself & have shortlisted (all NOKIAS):
E90,
N95 8GB,
N82,
N78,
E66,
E71.
Quite a list, i know e90 is best & n95 8gb too.
N82 is better than n78 , till both are on same price.
Want to know more about E66 & E71, which is better?
And which will be the best among all?
If you have the budget for the e90 and you only have Nokia in mind then there is no other phone to look at.
Old 9th July 2008, 14:25   #3456
BHPian

Guys what suggestions for a multimedia oriented phone for 12-15k? Mp3 sound quality etc is not a high priority, but it should have good camera, keypad etc. Nokia, SE, Samsung, etc brand no bar :P
Old 9th July 2008, 18:15   #3457
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
If you have the budget for the e90 and you only have Nokia in mind then there is no other phone to look at.
Thanks, E90 2gb. is out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post

@bhp1, f you can afford it go for the e90, but then it depends on your usage and what you need the phone for. The e90 is great for office use and the n95 8gb will be better if you want a good multimedia phone with a nice camera.
Thanks, I was thinking maybe E71 has same features at half price!
Old 9th July 2008, 18:16   #3458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
Guys what suggestions for a multimedia oriented phone for 12-15k? Mp3 sound quality etc is not a high priority, but it should have good camera, keypad etc. Nokia, SE, Samsung, etc brand no bar :P
I'd go for Sony Ericsson Walkman phone...
Old 9th July 2008, 21:52   #3459
BHPian

why not Asus P320. Its just 12.5K for a full multimedia phone with GPS...
Old 9th July 2008, 22:13   #3460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
why not Asus P320. Its just 12.5K for a full multimedia phone with GPS...
If he is open to other brands other then Nokia then there are various models which we can suggest. However, it seems that he is a Nokia loyalist and does not want any other brand. Also, he is budgeting for an E90 and if he opens his doors to other brands, he has lots of options.

I would have gone with the HTC TyTn II or even the HTC Diamond or the Samsung i900 (Omnia) had I been in his place.
Old 10th July 2008, 08:24   #3461
Senior - BHPian

hi i would like to know whats the current price of a w830i i recently went to a shop and i was told by the shopkeeper thats its for 9800 brand new

i later asked a few other shops and they told me its 15k+

thanks for the help in advance
Old 10th July 2008, 09:04   #3462
BHPian

iPhone India debut in Aug

More news on the iPhone launch in India.

"
iPhone frenzy on, India debut in Aug

Even as a big frenzy has built up for Apple's second-generation iPhone 3G across 22 countries, buyers in India are unlikely to be able to lay their hands upon iPhone before August end.

And that is not all. While the 8GB model is to be priced at $199 in the US, the same could carry a tag close to Rs 14,000 to 15,000 in India, according to sources. While the iconic cell phone goes on sale from Friday in most nations, India will at best see a soft launch of the two 8GB and 16GB models.

Vodafone will be the first operator to launch iPhone in India, followed by Bharti Airtel. A soft launch would mean displaying, booking and seeding of a limited number of handsets and announcement of pricing and availability schedule.

As iPhone Version 2.0 readies for rollout, fans across Tokyo to Sydney are queuing up in front of Apple stores to be among the first to acquire the coveted new cell phone." -- Source -- TimesofIndia.com
Old 12th July 2008, 10:20   #3463
Senior - BHPian

I've bought the N82 Black. Was contemplating on waiting for the iPhone, 6220C and the N78. But guess N82 is total drool maal. Plus iPhone will lose its exclusivity once its launched in India. I rarely see junta with N82 anyways
Old 12th July 2008, 12:58   #3464
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your very good choice of Nokia N82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I've bought the N82 Black. Was contemplating on waiting for the iPhone, 6220C and the N78. But guess N82 is total drool maal. Plus iPhone will lose its exclusivity once its launched in India. I rarely see junta with N82 anyways
Congratulations on a very good choice.

I can comment on your choice because I have field-tested my Nokia N82 silver, bought on 31st December 2007 in Chembur, Mumbai. It is a 3½G phone capable of UMTS browsing which I tested in Germany.

It has served me well as my only phone for the last 6½ months and continues to do so.

The GPS is very good. In India we don't have UMTS yet, only GPRS, but it does decently in that also. The 5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss Tessar glass is outstanding, especially with the Xenon flash.

Nokia Sports Tracker is a cool N82 application that makes use of the GPS (to track where you're walking) and accelometer (to track how many steps you've walked).

With Nokia Sports Tracker, you can save and export a .kml file (keyhole markup language) which you can open with Google Earth and see where you have walked, where you started, at which place you reached peak speed, etc.

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-nokian82runningnokiasportstracker.jpg
Actual screenshot of my phone

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-nokiasportstrackeronn82capturedroute.jpg
Yellow line plotted by Nokia Sports Tracker software
running on my Nokia N82.

Cheers...
Ram
Old 12th July 2008, 17:50   #3465
Senior - BHPian

I have this N82 and experimenting with sports tracker for last couple of weeks.

Some observations :

1. You can run GPS navigation and Sports tracker at the same time. While Navigation is guiding you, sports tracker keeps recording distance speed etc.
2. Its easy to view resulting KML file in google maps
3. Went to Pune last week, had no idea about Warje area, was able to reach there easily with navigation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks