Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2005, 16:48   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza
not bad..not bad...
I'm curious - what phone do you use, and on what network - CDMA, GSM or AMPS?
Old 30th May 2005, 19:02   #332
BHPian

Who uses CDMA @ TeamBhp

In India the way CDMA mobile were launched and added mess up done by tata and reliance, general perception is its an LS service compared to GSM operators. While technically speaking CDMA is far more advanced than GSM and I think part of USA us CDMA

With this in mind, I am seriously thinking to switch to CDMA, just wanted to check if we have any CDMA phone users among BHPians
Old 30th May 2005, 19:12   #333
BHPian

Well, I personally dont use CDMA, but my brother does.
He uses Tata Indicom. The reception and call quality is outstanding.
The customer support and service is absolutely pathetic. I have never seen such atrocious customer care anywhere. Visit any Indicom outlet and the largest queue would be for complaints.
If i were my brother i would have bashed the guy at the shop over the head with my phone and just left it there. But the hassle of informing everyone you know about the changed number is what keeps him from changing it.
I would have considered CDMA if it werent for the useless ,incompetent idiots they employ to take complaints and supposedly help you out. With GSM all i need to do is get another sim card from a different provider and i can use the same phone. With CDMA I am not too sure if this can be done.
I wonder how with the booming BPO , Call Center and Support Operations in India, we cannot find people competent enough to handle our own company's helpdesks etc.
Old 30th May 2005, 19:20   #334
Senior - BHPian

Hey pingme,

I had used Reliance CDMA mobile phone for about a year.
In Pune the reception was very good. If you are convinced then go for it however DO CAREFULLY STUDY THE PLANS as some plans have been nothing but a rip off.
Reliance service is good in Pune however I used to get rude calls for bill payment even after I have paid the bill but telling them that & also reminding them that you are customer & you have other options will do the trick.
as for TATA one of my friend had it, the service sucked pretty much also he had a problem with range even at Chandani Chowk
also he got ripped of with some bill payment by no fault of his
hope that helps

Aditya
Old 30th May 2005, 19:22   #335
Senior - BHPian

IMO, while roaming, GSM [Airtel] is better than CDMA phones.

I personally use a CDMA phone. TATA Indicom. The customer support is not that great, its not bad either. Its just hanging in there.

A great feature of the TATA Indicom service is FREE Internet Service all times. You are charged only for downloading, otherwise there is no rentals/activation charges for Internet use.

The major reason I hate this service is, unlike Airtel, they do not tell you your current unbilled amount. So you have no idea when you should cut down on your outgoings and messaging.

Last edited by Gordon : 30th May 2005 at 19:23.
Old 30th May 2005, 21:28   #336
BHPian

I am a GSM user but voice quality on CDMA is far better...
Old 30th May 2005, 22:56   #337
BHPian

I use gsm as well as cdma .. reliance and idea ... cdma now very good ... range and voice quality very good ... no call dropping but customer care sux big time .. bills too r ok now ...
Old 30th May 2005, 23:29   #338
Senior - BHPian

i USED to have a reliance LG CDMA mobile, but later switched back to GSM's and Nokia's
Old 31st May 2005, 09:49   #339
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I use a GSM as my personal cell, and a CDMA for business. The phone numbers are identical except for the start : 98 (GSM) and 93 (CDMA)

Between the two, I prefer the GSM any which day.

GTO
Old 31st May 2005, 10:01   #340
Team-BHP Support

I use reliance CDMA. I am much happier than airtel and get great internet speeds too(80kbps data throughput). Rates are cheap with calls to anywhere in india for 1rs with 499 rental. What more to ask for!
Old 31st May 2005, 10:06   #341
BHPian

I use both GSM as well as CDMA...and of that two GSM rox
Old 31st May 2005, 10:13   #342
Senior - BHPian

I use reliance CDMA... service is good.. reception not so good. I get a lot of background noise, maybe thats the handset's fault.
Other than that, CDMA coverage is pretty good. Most gsm phones have trouble catching signal where i live but the cdma gets full signal there as well.
Oh and if u intend to visit hill stations a lot, then stay away from reliance...

Amitoj
Old 31st May 2005, 14:20   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I'm curious - what phone do you use, and on what network - CDMA, GSM or AMPS?
Right now..im in the US...so i use a Verizon LG VX4500 (its CDMA). Its preety good..i like it so far. I'll be moving to india soon (for school), so planning to pick up something in GSM there...so many choices, so i havent decided yet...Anything Samsung or Sony Erricson is ok with me
Old 1st June 2005, 21:02   #344
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is selling an i-mate (XDA-II), he picked from abroad, it is hardly used. How much do you think I should pay for it. Also is it worth buying with XDA-IIs and mini around?

I have a Ipaq H5550 with bluetooth, Wifi, finger print reader etc that I use right now, how much do you think I would get for it? It is an excellent PDA but no phone, and I am looking for a phone PDA only.

Please help, Thanks.
Old 1st June 2005, 22:44   #345
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is selling an i-mate (XDA-II), he picked from abroad, it is hardly used. How much do you think I should pay for it. Also is it worth buying with XDA-IIs and mini around?

I have a Ipaq H5550 with bluetooth, Wifi, finger print reader etc that I use right now, how much do you think I would get for it? It is an excellent PDA but no phone, and I am looking for a phone PDA only.

Please help, Thanks.
imate starting price should be around 15k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks