Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2008, 12:40   #3421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
HTC Diamond the indian version is 2G, if you are still interested i can share the number of the HTC dealer who can help you. I am not sure maybe he can procure the 3G version also at a higher price.

Thanks man can you send it to me. saw it and used it a bit in national market yesterday. its mind blowing and the screen is totally fab. lets c if they come out with soemthign to crack the airtel locking.
Old 5th July 2008, 12:55   #3422
BHPian

I have heard that unlocking a windows mobile phone is very simple. If you google around, you should be able to find some reading material.

As far as the Diamond is concerned, for the price, the Samsung i900 (aka Omnia) is a much better bet. Its even got a microSD slot which the Diamond does not have. It is 3G and comes in 8GB and 16GB models. 5MP camera with GeoTagging capabilities, Windows Mobile 6.1, GPS, WiFi, Potentiometer and the works. I don't think its available in India as yet, but I am sure Samsung will be here with it before the iPhone is officially available.
Old 5th July 2008, 13:13   #3423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
You must have meant FM Receiver (radio, yaar).
No it actually has an FM TRANSMITTER so that you can transmit to your car or home radio.

Very cool, na?
Old 5th July 2008, 13:16   #3424
BHPian

I just checked the site for UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, Exchange old mobile handsets, Recharge Airtel, Vodafone online, Gift a mobile, win a mobile or bluetooth or any accessory in contest, Compare multiple brands, Purchase New postpaid connections and d and they have the HTC Diamond in stock. It is listed at Rs. 26442/-

It will be listed under HTC-Dopod. It also lists that this is the 3G version of the phone!

Edit: UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, Exchange old mobile handsets, Recharge Airtel, Vodafone online, Gift a mobile, win a mobile or bluetooth or any accessory in contest, Compare multiple brands, Purchase New postpaid connections and d

Last edited by SumitB : 5th July 2008 at 13:18.
Old 5th July 2008, 13:22   #3425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
It will be listed under HTC-Dopod. It also lists that this is the 3G version of the phone!
I'm sure it is. I doubt if India has that big a market for PDA Phones to warrant a separate model to be developed just for sale here.

Here's what they say:

Operating Frequency: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 for Europe/Asia HSDPA 2100 / 900 for Europe/Asia.

It is the same phone that sells here for Dhs.3,300 (Rs.37 k), which is a Rs.10k price difference!
Old 5th July 2008, 13:29   #3426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I'm sure it is. I doubt if India has that big a market for PDA Phones to warrant a separate model to be developed just for sale here.
I am sure of it too but when Airtel announced the availability of the Diamond, there was some noise that it was the 2G version. That is why I emphasized on the 3G part

So anyone getting the Diamond now from Univercell? I believe Jaggu was one who was interested in getting it but backed out due to Airtel's 2G confusion! Also, as Steer pointed out, in India is is 10K cheaper!
Old 5th July 2008, 13:29   #3427
Team-BHP Support

Dear brothers Steer and Sumit: You are correct, the links shown are for NON AIRTEL 3G version, i was all the while referring to OFFICIAL AIRTEL BATCH of HTC. If you read the previous links about Airtel's official announcement you will understand better.

Also you can refer herehttp://www.htc.com/in/product.aspx?id=48110 which is HTC site, go through all the pages. In INDIA specific site, there is no mention of 3G hardware, if it was 3G unavailability, i dont think HTC would be stupid enough to keep their mouth shut or omit editting/translating mistake.

Sumit: any idea on how to unlock a candian 3G iphone so no thanks HTC for now.

Mav: PMed you the number

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th July 2008 at 13:35.
Old 5th July 2008, 13:33   #3428
BHPian

Quote:
Dear brothers Steer and Sumit: You are correct, the links shown are for NON AIRTEL 3G version, i was all the while referring to OFFICIAL AIRTEL BATCH of HTC. If you read the previous links about Airtel's official announcement you will understand better.

Also you can refer herehttp://www.htc.com/in/product.aspx?id=48110 which is HTC site, go through all the pages. In INDIA specific site, there is no mention of 3G hardware, if it was 3G unavailability, i dont think HTC would be stupid enough to keep their mouth shut or omit editting/translating mistake.

Sorry Jaggu, I have no idea about the iPhone and I have no intentions of getting one. It seems you got your hands dirty with a Canadian iPhone now!! I thought you were anticipating a present from your wife on your B'Day
Old 5th July 2008, 13:34   #3429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well it seems silly that they're selling a 2.5G version for Rs.27k when the 3G version is obviously available for 26,442. If there is no 3G I'm sure this is software limited as the hardware is the same, right down to the Qualcomm processor. Why would they waste money on a Qualcomm processor if they dont offer 3G?

I think someone at XDA developers will soon find out how they've restricted the phone and you will have a 3G device anyway.

Last edited by Steeroid : 5th July 2008 at 13:36.
Old 5th July 2008, 13:40   #3430
Team-BHP Support

Off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Sorry Jaggu, I have no idea about the iPhone and I have no intentions of getting one. It seems you got your hands dirty with a Canadian iPhone now!! I thought you were anticipating a present from your wife on your B'Day
Wife doesnt seem to be interested in me anymore, since i seem to utter the "i" word too much these days.

Anyways i have an option of Canada since someone is traveling shortly coinciding with launch date. Only issue is there apple sells it through the local telecom companies, and not sure if a handset can be even procured without any local antecedents. If procured it will be locked also, which is of lesser worry.

Thats where i stand.

Steer: what you posted i agree, and am also keeping a watch on XDA
Old 5th July 2008, 20:16   #3431
BHPian

Quote:

Mav: PMed you the number
well according to the sources !! iphone 3g have upgrade software and hardware both !!

but you can do is winpwn it because it's the best possible way to hack the iphone !!

well i would suggest you that get the iphone early if you have links ,wait for a week or so and we'll have the official unlock for sure !!

mine too will be coming by 15th hoping still
Old 6th July 2008, 18:38   #3432
BHPian

My Qtek S110 ( 3 yr old purchased in Oct 05) decided to commit suicide on Thursday night and fell from my hands -- the battery of this dude is getting drained every 6-7 hours instead of the 120 hours standby time it has. I tried to get it repaired without much luck -- i want to replace it with a windows mobile phone if i can. All my contacts and important data is in the 1gig SD card i use with it. Any idea on which phones i can switch to -- without having to buy a separate transflash or micro SD memory card and re-use the same SD card ?
Old 6th July 2008, 21:30   #3433
Team-BHP Support

Is you phone dead? if not take a back up of important data and then restore to any new win mob phone. If its dead, copy the SD card to a laptop and then transfer back to new PDA.

Not many phones use SD cards these days, most have moved to micro sd cards and most will come with 1 GB card. My puny ol HTC Touch has one GB as standard.

Wrt phone HTC, Asus, Dopod are some of the manufacturer with Win Mob.
Old 6th July 2008, 23:33   #3434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
No it actually has an FM TRANSMITTER so that you can transmit to your car or home radio.

Very cool, na?
Oh, ulta radio kya? That is surely a cool feature.
Old 7th July 2008, 10:54   #3435
BHPian

Quote:
Is you phone dead? if not take a back up of important data and then restore to any new win mob phone. If its dead, copy the SD card to a laptop and then transfer back to new PDA.

Not many phones use SD cards these days, most have moved to micro sd cards and most will come with 1 GB card. My puny ol HTC Touch has one GB as standard.

Wrt phone HTC, Asus, Dopod are some of the manufacturer with Win Mob.
thanks Jaggu -- tried out Subhiksha Mobile at 3 places none of them had the HTC 3400i. No my phone is not dead yet. I have taken the completed backup on the SD card. Have to visit the mobile store to check out any win mob over there....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks