Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 15:35   #3331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Manveet, have you tried the TyTn II in your hands? I say give it a shot and then decide!
I had a look-and-feel of the TyTn II and Nokia (regular, not black edition) yesterday. Am quite OK with the TyTn's size but didn't really fancy the Nokia's in the Looks Dept.. Plus, the Nokia is a good 5-6k more expensive.

A few quick Queries.

- Apparently Skype will work on the TyTn II. Has anybody used this? If it does work, that'll be like a huge fillip for buying the HTC.

- The Brochure says that the TyTn II has a "Value Added Application" called "Business Card Reader" that comes bundled along with it. Does it scan using the Camera !!??!! The Reviews don't mention a physical Scanner on the HTC. Does this feature really work or is it simply a Marketing gimmick?

Thanks,
Might be buying this tomorrow !!

Last edited by manveet : 20th June 2008 at 15:39.
Old 20th June 2008, 15:51   #3332
BHPian

Got this from ppcsg.com

Quote:
Pros (Go for it!)
- Threaded SMS
- New finger-friendly Task Manager
- Faster boot-up time
- Faster file listing
- Faster Active Sync time
- Faster/easier to pair BT devices (auto guessing of passkeys like "0000", "1234", "1111" and "8888")
- Easier to configure e-mail accounts now (especially for Gmail where a couple of steps can be skipped)
- Slight improvement in overall system performance

Cons (Hmm... I'm gonna think about this...)
- Skype don't work after upgrade - Confirmed (Need to wait for new Skype version)
- Slower GPS lock - Confirmed
- No improved video drivers? (although CorePlayer plays smoothly)
- Scroll items in Start Menu->Programs folder becomes slower?
- Overall phone functions degraded? (more drop calls felt, etc)
- Video call functionality degraded?

Grey Area (Let's hear more feedback from the upgraders...)
- Screen toggle time from Portrait to Landscape becomes faster? (toggle time is almost the same. Instead of re-drawing the screen one component at a time, it now redraws the screen at one go)
- Camera output becomes worst or same as before?

For other bros whom just hopped on...
WM6.1 Professional ROM Upgrades for TyTN II DON'T HAVE:
- Sliding Panel (the new Today GUI Screen - only available for WM6.1 Standard)
- Opera 9.5
- MS Silverlight
Thus, if the main reason you wanna upgrade to WM6.1 is to have the above 3, you will be disappointed.
PPCSG -> Official thread of HTC TyTN II Part 13

So currently, with the latest updates, TyTn II does not have a working Skype (Windows Mobile 6.1) but I am sure that it will have a working version of skype sooner than later. Go for the TyTn II if skype is your only concern and you will not regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I had a look-and-feel of the TyTn II and Nokia (regular, not black edition) yesterday. Am quite OK with the TyTn's size but didn't really fancy the Nokia's in the Looks Dept.. Plus, the Nokia is a good 5-6k more expensive.

A few quick Queries.

- Apparently Skype will work on the TyTn II. Has anybody used this? If it does work, that'll be like a huge fillip for buying the HTC.

- The Brochure says that the TyTn II has a "Value Added Application" called "Business Card Reader" that comes bundled along with it. Does it scan using the Camera !!??!! The Reviews don't mention a physical Scanner on the HTC. Does this feature really work or is it simply a Marketing gimmick?

Thanks,
Old 20th June 2008, 20:14   #3333
BANNED

e90 - 31k & 34k

grey & bill
Old 20th June 2008, 20:47   #3334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
Got my new handset Nokia N81 day before yesterday. Quite feature rich for the price!
Great graphics in the 3D games as well!

Any fellow N81 users around??? where can I get some good software/themes for the phone? 1 good site I know of is zedge.net for themes

I got the 81 too about a month back and love it
did you get teh black & silver ? did you get the 2 or the 8 GB? what price ?
Old 21st June 2008, 17:55   #3335
BHPian

Manveet, if you have not yet made the purchase and can wait for a few weeks, then wait for the Samsung Omnia (i900). It has been released in Singapore yesterday and its being speculated that it will be launched in India next (to counter the iPhone 3G and HTC Diamond). Approximate price in Singapore is SG$1050 (approx. 25000 INR). Its a killer with 16GB inbuilt memory plus a microSD card slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post

A few quick Queries.

Thanks,

Quote:
I just found the following:
1) Automatic screen brightness adjustment
2) You can mute the ringing tone by facing the phone downwards.
3) It comes with Google Map and Navigation software.
4) Name card reader software.
Now that is smart thinking. The Omnia will rock!

Last edited by SumitB : 21st June 2008 at 18:01.
Old 21st June 2008, 17:59   #3336
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know how to change the default voice tags for the contacts in an s60 phone.
Old 21st June 2008, 18:40   #3337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So currently, with the latest updates, TyTn II does not have a working Skype (Windows Mobile 6.1) but I am sure that it will have a working version of skype sooner than later. Go for the TyTn II if skype is your only concern and you will not regret it.
I've been using Skype on my TyTnII without any issues. Both Skype and Fring.

The business card scanner is a neat applicaton - take a photograph of the card using this scanner and you can save directly to contacts. Works almost flawlessly (except in badly printed/formatted business cards).

Last edited by Steeroid : 21st June 2008 at 18:42.
Old 21st June 2008, 20:07   #3338
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I want to go for a WM6+ phone with QWERTY keyboard. Budget ~20k. Any suggestions?
Old 21st June 2008, 22:31   #3339
Senior - BHPian

Owning a Samsung i450

CP: Rs.13,100/- with b/w
colour: white and blue

Not really on a budget of any sort but wanted something that looks stylish, offered decent features and was new. And thus went and bought myself the samsung i450 on the very next day of its launch in Mumbai.

What's HOT: The phone is a stylish slider, sliding both ways up as wel as down. The cool thing about it is the jog dial like scroller which i found cool and something different from the current set of phones in the <20k range. You also a get a 3.5mm audio jack which i always wanted as now i can plug it in to my multimedia speakers, which my previous phone the Nokia 6270 did not offer. Surprisingly even the software on the phone is unlike a samsung phone and is much faster and i did not take time to get use to it at all. It has 24mb internal memory and comes with a 1gb card so it offers decent storage capacity.

What's NOT: The battery life is a bit displeasing @ 1-1 and a half day only. The camera though a 2.0mp is very vga cam like. And since samsung is emphasising on its stereo qualities it is not all that loud either.

Verdict: Go for the phone if you just want something very refreshing in your pocket rather than the regular nokias and SEs. But if you do use your cam alot unlike me then consider some other option as this phone would not please you.
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:32   #3340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
Hi Guys,
I want to go for a WM6+ phone with QWERTY keyboard. Budget ~20k. Any suggestions?
I suggest you to have a look at Asus P527 also. Should be with in your budget.

Why you are very specific to QWERTY keyboard? which eliminates many good/popular and proved Windows mobile phones from the list. Just a question.
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:42   #3341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
...Why you are very specific to QWERTY keyboard? which eliminates many good/popular and proved Windows mobile phones from the list. Just a question.
I currently have a E65 which I use for browsing internet including Tbhp. Texting using the normal number pad is a real pain so I thought I should go for a QWERTY phone.
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:58   #3342
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Anybody out here with a Windows Mobile 6 Pro and IDEA connection? I need help to get the MMS and Internet working.

Right now the Internet explorer says 'site not found, check name and try again'!
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:00   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Anybody out here with a Windows Mobile 6 Pro and IDEA connection? I need help to get the MMS and Internet working.

Right now the Internet explorer says 'site not found, check name and try again'!
Download the configuration detail file from this website.
!DEA - An !dea can change your life...

Direct link to the file -
http://www.ideacellular.com/ShowBina...S_Settings.xls
You might have to follow instructions for any other WM6 phone in the document if your phone model is not listed.

Hope you already have your GPRS plan activated.
Old 24th June 2008, 15:52   #3344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manveet, if you have not yet made the purchase and can wait for a few weeks, then wait for the Samsung Omnia (i900).
Update:

Just bought the TyTn II on Saturday.

I now need someone to teach me how to use the GPS.
@SumitB .. I've PM'd you
Old 24th June 2008, 16:18   #3345
BHPian

Hey Guys I need some help regarding my Old Generation Phone - Nokia 6310i. It has some how started giving me network problems with my DOLPHIN Connection (I know MTNL Postpaid is Bad, but have been using this number form past 6years now).

The phone works absolutely fine with All other networks but MTNL. So I have Decided to Part with this phone and will upgrade to HTC touch.

Other Option is to keep the phone and change the service.. I dont want to loose this number reasons are old number which has been distributed like everywhere, all contacts will be lost. SO i could keep this number and buy a new sim with a new phone and use the old Sim with any Standby Phone. So Please Help me Decide that too I am confused

Before Selling this Phone i need to copy all my SMSes and Contacts to my Comp, and for that i need 3 things a Computer (i have one), A Data Cable (dont have one need to look for), and Nokia 6310i PC Suite (which i will download from the nokia website). So guys can anybody help me with the Data Cable, or any other way to transfer my phone data to the COMP.

Calling ALL 6310i USERS HELP!!!!

Last edited by SohailPistawala : 24th June 2008 at 16:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks