Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 09:57   #3196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post
In the Western suburbs, you have Alfa (Irla Lane in Ville Parle) that is quite reliable. Have bought quite a few cellphones from them in the past without any problems.
Is Alfa really reliable? I had a bad experience with them when I had purchased a Nokia car charger recently. They refused to give a bill for it saying that its all 'grey' maal.

Later on the charger malfunctioned on 1st use itself. When I took it back to them, they reluctantly took it back and refunded me 3/4th of the amt.

Henceforth I decided not to buy any stuff from them.

However, my experience with other electronics bought from Alfa (steam iron etc) has been good. Of course, these came with bill and warranty!
Old 2nd June 2008, 19:47   #3197
Senior - BHPian

Nokia E51 - unavailable?

Whats the deal with the 'all black' color model of Nokia E51? I enquired at 5-6 different shops yesterday all over Mumbai suburbs. None seem to have it!

On top of it, I got the age old answer - 'Sir that color is "phased out" and Nokia has launched a new Rose Gold Black color. Its the best. Buy that'.

W.T.F?

Does anyone know a decent trustworthy shop where the all black color may be available? I got the lowest quote from Subhiksha Mobile at 11,265

FYI - Hot Spot: 11,300, Croma: 11,449 and 'Authorized Nokia Store': 11,939
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:29   #3198
Team-BHP Support

Frigging amazing it is !!!

http://scan.jsharkey.org/ look at all the possibilities

Ok this is about Android actually.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd June 2008 at 20:30. Reason: whats it all about?
Old 3rd June 2008, 01:32   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Is Alfa really reliable? I had a bad experience with them when I had purchased a Nokia car charger recently. They refused to give a bill for it saying that its all 'grey' maal.

Later on the charger malfunctioned on 1st use itself. When I took it back to them, they reluctantly took it back and refunded me 3/4th of the amt.

Henceforth I decided not to buy any stuff from them.

However, my experience with other electronics bought from Alfa (steam iron etc) has been good. Of course, these came with bill and warranty!
I have found alfa reliable at most times, say 80-85%. Once I got a new Samsung mobile which had a defect - this was years ago and they exchanged it for another new piece - same model, courtesy my dad Yes, they can be nagging... but patience pays off. Family just got a sony ericsson that works great. The key is when you buy a cellphone from them, test it in front of them. but if you're unlucky, you'll need to go back and haggle as we "need" do in stores all over mumbai and I agree it's really frustrating, especially with them, they're too rigid about accepting bad goods once sold.

Last edited by carzy : 3rd June 2008 at 01:36. Reason: info
Old 3rd June 2008, 01:56   #3200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post

have had the same problem, bought a nokia6500classic car charger from them and the phone displays "unsupported charger"

Any idea where i can get a car charger for it? as the pin is diff compared to other nokias,no one seems to hv an orignal one.
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:39   #3201
BHPian

So if a retailer like Alfa refuse to replace a faulty handset with a new one, can we take it to the manufacturer's service center, show it to them & get a replacement?
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:54   #3202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
have had the same problem, bought a nokia6500classic car charger from them and the phone displays "unsupported charger"

Any idea where i can get a car charger for it? as the pin is diff compared to other nokias,no one seems to hv an orignal one.
Try 'geniune' online store such as Futurebazaar.com or brick+mortar store like Croma. I have compared rates for accessories and found Futurebazaar to be well priced. Same for Croma.

If you are prepared to pay extra for brand name assurance, you can try out the *stupid* Authorized Nokia Care centers.
Old 3rd June 2008, 13:02   #3203
BANNED

what are the prices of the following in india right now. these are the prices i am getting which seem crazy !!!

iphone 8gig - 29500
iphone 16 gig - 32500
e90 black edition - 34500 - 36500

are these 3 cheaper anywhere in india or mumbai. ? prices of grey and bill both wanted
Old 3rd June 2008, 13:40   #3204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
what are the prices of the following in india right now. these are the prices i am getting which seem crazy !!!

iphone 8gig - 29500
iphone 16 gig - 32500

are these 3 cheaper anywhere in india or mumbai. ? prices of grey and bill both wanted
I have heard that the iPhone sells for 23k in Alfa.

Anyways, it may make sense to wait till June end as iPhone 3G model is slated to be released then. The prices for older models would fall.
Old 3rd June 2008, 13:56   #3205
Senior - BHPian

Whoa 29.5 k's is too much. You can get one brand new in delhi for around 22k's.
Old 3rd June 2008, 22:06   #3206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post

iphone 8gig - 29500
iphone 16 gig - 32500

As per the iphone issue you can't get it with bill !!!

I just sold my Iphone for 16.5k

I just asked the dealer to for the price and he said new one is for 26k 8-gig !!(GHAFFAR MARKET ,delhi)

and i think 16gigs you can get it max of 4k plus of 8gigs not much difference!!

But i would say wait for new phone which is going to launch on 9th june !

That's why i sold off my old one because after 3g the market for the old iphone will go down a lot!!

Now will be waiting for 3g one and ready to buy it!!
Old 4th June 2008, 01:39   #3207
BANNED

ok forget the iphone prices i think they are high again since lack of stock. i myself have owned 3 iphones since november so i dont want to go back there again but i want prices in bill and grey of e90 black only. i wish iphone had BT support. i still love that phone nothing comes even closer to it.
Old 4th June 2008, 10:40   #3208
Senior - BHPian

Problem with my N70

Guys, need you help. I have been using a Nokia N70 for the past three years. I had no problems with this wonderful phone.

From yesterday, I am not able to put any theme on my mobile. Now the screen is showing just the blue colour. I have many themes saved on the memory card. But I am not able to install it and use it. What could be the problem? Can anyone help?
Old 4th June 2008, 15:31   #3209
Senior - BHPian

Firmware updates - Nokia E51, E65 and E61i

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-nokia-e51-firmware-yeah.jpg

Name:  Nokia E51 firmware 2008.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  85.9 KB

After updates for the N95-3, N95-4 and the E61i, the E51 is the latest to have got this blessing. This update takes the firmware on the E51 up from v100.34.30 to v200.34.36. The firmware is still not available across all product codes, 0546184 seems to have it. Sadly, few details are available as to the improvements, there are no ground breaking additions though (No FL3). It also prevents ROM modding, if you care.

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-e61ifirmware.jpg

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-e61ifirmware2.jpg

(Source: http://www.e-series.org/)
Old 4th June 2008, 15:47   #3210
Senior - BHPian

Just picked a 10 month old e65 for 5k. Pretty nice phone - though the skin's chipped a little on the sides. Slider's in great shape, and with a firmware upgrade, works quite well. Looks quite neat despite the chips/a couple of scratches, and though slow compared to newer devices, a pretty decent upgrade from my N70. I primarily wanted WiFi, and didn't want to blow up a packet on a new phone (already did that with the N70 when it was very expensive).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks