Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 01:38   #2926
BANNED

i want e90 man for a while how much are they brand new now ?
Old 22nd April 2008, 02:12   #2927
BHPian

UPnP

Have anyone tried UPnP features if you have UPnP enabled phones? If so please post your experiences. I am planning to do some DIY projects based on this, mainly to make a media player which can play media files from other sources.
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:48   #2928
BHPian

Hi guys, does edge class 32 have a great advantage in the indian context. I have used the k790i prior to my current phone the n95. the web speeds of the k790i was way way slower than the n95 and am under the impression that this is due to the edge class 32 in the n95. is this true or is it because of the browser.
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:03   #2929
Senior - BHPian

Nokia E51?

Any users of Nokia E51? I wish to buy the phone and I see it primarily as an upgrade to E 50. I'm attracted by the addition of D-Pad, more memory, WiFi and FM. But the design and color combo is IMHO quite striking and childish. E50 is more sleek and nicer to look.

Any clue whether E51 is now available in Black in Mumbai? At what price point?

Also, is the font size as small as E50 or has FP2 tackled that problem?
Old 22nd April 2008, 23:10   #2930
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Have anyone tried UPnP features if you have UPnP enabled phones? If so please post your experiences. I am planning to do some DIY projects based on this, mainly to make a media player which can play media files from other sources.
I think N95 N82 are upnp ready. I've been trying to get media files streaming from PC to Phone but no luck. I tried Home Media server and SymSMB! If this works out its gonna be awesome
Old 23rd April 2008, 03:59   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Any users of Nokia E51? I wish to buy the phone and I see it primarily as an upgrade to E 50. I'm attracted by the addition of D-Pad, more memory, WiFi and FM. But the design and color combo is IMHO quite striking and childish. E50 is more sleek and nicer to look.

Any clue whether E51 is now available in Black in Mumbai? At what price point?

Also, is the font size as small as E50 or has FP2 tackled that problem?
I have one. I liked the E50 more as far as looks are concerned. However, the best part of E51 is it's memory, 50MB free RAM available, 130MB phone memory. Pretty stable peice compared to other symbian phones I have used.

Not sure about black prices, but I bought it 2 months back at 12K with B/W. Yeah, the font issues is resolved, you can change the font to different sizes.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:38   #2932
Senior - BHPian

w891i has some nice reviews. I would suggest you check it out too.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:41   #2933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_j2084 View Post
thanks for your positive reviews. Enquired at sony World,he says 9700 with speakers.Planning to compare with few others retailers as well.Would get back once i get it.BTW are there any good reliable retailers in chennai for mobiles.
for that price , go and buy w580i
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:44   #2934
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the e50 for about 6-7 months now and suddenly it gave up on me:(
First the start button stopped working, got that changed but it still isnt powering on (batt is fully charged) , took it to the showroom and was told it is a firmware issue cost 350 (start button)+850 (Firmware on the chip wasnt being read so getting replaced) , now got a call from them saying that the phone is not being able to get the current from the battery .God I am so sick of this I am going to change it as soon as i get it repaired. Loved the phone while it lasted though .It does get heated up while talking for about 25 min or so.
Gr8guzzler - I got it for 9700 with b/w almost 6 or 7 months back (black color).

Any suggestions for something about 10k?

Last edited by sammyboy : 23rd April 2008 at 16:50. Reason: edit
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:10   #2935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
I have one. I liked the E50 more as far as looks are concerned. However, the best part of E51 is it's memory, 50MB free RAM available, 130MB phone memory. Pretty stable peice compared to other symbian phones I have used.

Not sure about black prices, but I bought it 2 months back at 12K with B/W. Yeah, the font issues is resolved, you can change the font to different sizes.
I meant "Black colour" E 51 handset, maybe you understood "without B&W" prices?

So have they pre-installed Psiloc Font Magnifier to increase font size? Or is it within the settings?
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:15   #2936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I have been using the e50 for about 6-7 months now and suddenly it gave up on me:(
First the start button stopped working, got that changed but it still isnt powering on (batt is fully charged) , took it to the showroom and was told it is a firmware issue cost 350 (start button)+850 (Firmware on the chip wasnt being read so getting replaced) , now got a call from them saying that the phone is not being able to get the current from the battery .God I am so sick of this I am going to change it as soon as i get it repaired. Loved the phone while it lasted though .It does get heated up while talking for about 25 min or so.
Gr8guzzler - I got it for 9700 with b/w almost 6 or 7 months back (black color).

Any suggestions for something about 10k?
My E50 power switch also gave way after about 9 months. Same happened to another friend's E50. Seems to be a common problem with E50.

yes, mine also used to get extremely heated up in about 25-30 mins of continuous talking.

Why dont you try to flash the firmware using Nokia Software Updater service? Will save you the major expense!

If you can increase the budget to 11.5k, go for E51. Its a nice upgarde to E50 with Wifi and FM radio
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:27   #2937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My E50 power switch also gave way after about 9 months. Same happened to another friend's E50. Seems to be a common problem with E50.

yes, mine also used to get extremely heated up in about 25-30 mins of continuous talking.

Why dont you try to flash the firmware using Nokia Software Updater service? Will save you the major expense!

If you can increase the budget to 11.5k, go for E51. Its a nice upgarde to E50 with Wifi and FM radio
Thanks bro, tried to update the firmware, no go. The chip seems to have conked off so having that replaced. No other alternative left apart from spendin 1500 bucks to get it repaired.
Spoke to the mobile store guys, should get 3000-3500 for it.Will check e51 out too. Any other phone worth looking at around that price?
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:37   #2938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro, tried to update the firmware, no go. The chip seems to have conked off so having that replaced. No other alternative left apart from spendin 1500 bucks to get it repaired.
Spoke to the mobile store guys, should get 3000-3500 for it.Will check e51 out too. Any other phone worth looking at around that price?
3-3.5K for a dead phone is an awesome price and that too from Mobile Store? Those &^%$ valued my impeccably maintained E50 at 2K! I finally managed to sell it for 4.2K!

Other phones around 10K bracket - I am not in favor of N Series at all, after I read a Nokia Product Advisory admitted manufacturing defects in it.

Check out this link to get an idea about different models and best prices in your city
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:41   #2939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3-3.5K for a dead phone is an awesome price and that too from Mobile Store? Those &^%$ valued my impeccably maintained E50 at 2K! I finally managed to sell it for 4.2K!

Other phones around 10K bracket - I am not in favor of N Series at all, after I read a Nokia Product Advisory admitted manufacturing defects in it.

Check out this link to get an idea about different models and best prices in your city
not the dead phone bro, the repaired one ...in working condition.I am also not in favor of the N series, and i cant really pick one from the existing nokia line up. Will also look at Sony if I can get something within 10k .Thanks for the link. Will keep you updated
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:58   #2940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
not the dead phone bro, the repaired one ...in working condition.I am also not in favor of the N series, and i cant really pick one from the existing nokia line up. Will also look at Sony if I can get something within 10k .Thanks for the link. Will keep you updated
Oh, my bad!
Check out (and wait for) Sony Ericsson G700 and G900. Very good models expected to be out in the next 1-2 months. But those will be expensive at around 15-20K mark respectively.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks