Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 21:01   #2821
BHPian

yaahaaaa ladies and gents, boys and girls.. bought the n95 8gb today! And man tiring feat it was. Went to Brigade road priority dealer first up. He quoted 28,400 and 2500 for my old 6630 with a stupid holiday package with hotels id never heard of and im sure don't exist.
Went next to the shop just 5 shops up.. mobile galleria or something of that sort. They quoted Rs. 28,900/- 'best price' and the same 2.5k for the 6630.
Was gonna freeze on the priority dealer but then decided to walk over to Global Access and check their prices..check to see if they have some good offer like a trip to LA free or something of that sort. The pretty maiden behind the counter quoted Rs.29,500 'best price'... so I said thank you very much and walked out, convinced now that I would buy the device from the priority guy.
But lo behold, there was this RPG mobile stall on the first floor that I spotted on my way down on the escalator. Asked the chappie there straight away - Tell me your price. He says 28,726/-/ So I said ok how much for this (I showed him my 6630).. He calls up some 'madam' He checks out the camera on the phone..its working. bluetooth - working madam, and some other stuff I couldn't understand. He puts the phone down and says Rs. 3000/-. I was almost over the moon coz this was the selling price an year back for my loyal 6630. But I made a face that I would if confronted by Rakhi Saawant's mummy in a bikini and said "look boss, I am carrying the orgininal contents of the 6630 box here with me in this bag so tell me your 'best price'"
He thought about it for a minute and said sir 28,500 'last price'. I was thinking this is getting better but I tried a last hand -"No offers?" (with another look, this time of the type one makes if one sees Umar Gul in a bikini) and says he "ya ya sir! one bluetooth headset free worth Rs.1800/-!".
Now I was suspicious. So I asked him to show me the headset. I tried it out. Some company called purpl. Ya without the e in the end. I'm sure it ain't the best but what the heck.
So I said "ok deal" and a deal it was!

Will post a review soon. Thanks to all for their inputs over the last 6 months
Special thanks to Hydra for the patience he showed in times of adversity.

And no I don't care about the N96.
Old 7th April 2008, 21:33   #2822
F50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mayank, finally!! Great to know that you finally found a phone which suits you. Its difficult, ask me!
Old 7th April 2008, 21:40   #2823
Senior - BHPian

@MCMayank, Congrats! You've got a very good phone, so you can be happy

Good that you bought it from your own city, and with bill & warranty.
Old 7th April 2008, 23:04   #2824
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Mayank! Nice phone now that u the signing process hack is available u can enjoy more apps and games.
Old 8th April 2008, 00:09   #2825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Congratulations Mayank! Nice phone now that u the signing process hack is available u can enjoy more apps and games.
Thanks gentlemen.. at first feel one or two keys feel a tad bit loose (i don't want to use the word creaky) but just very little

man tell me whats this signing process all about
Old 8th April 2008, 01:19   #2826
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Mayank you need to "SIGN" applications to run it on your phone.

www.symbiansigned.com

otherwise you will get a "CERTIFICATE ERROR"

and

Finally N82 and N95 8gig are getting new firmware soon so we can expect more stable s/w and few upgrades
Old 8th April 2008, 11:15   #2827
BHPian

Guys one question about the warranty.
THe priority dealer told me that all these Subhiksha and such stores don't give manufacturer's warranty and that if some problem occurs, then the nokia service centre will not repair your device under warranty?
Is this true?
I have the bill from RPG but there is no Nokia mentioned anywhere. The bill says however at the bottom in fine print that "Warranty, if any, will be governed by manufacturer's terms and conditions as listed in the ""limited Warranty""

Pls advise.
Old 8th April 2008, 11:27   #2828
Senior - BHPian

incorrect, they respect subhiksha bills
Old 8th April 2008, 11:31   #2829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
incorrect, they respect subhiksha bills
So even Subhiksha bills will not have any Nokia hologram or warranty stamp or anything?
Old 8th April 2008, 11:44   #2830
BHPian

As long as it comes with a Nokia India warranty card and you have a bill giving the set details matching that, you should be ok.
Old 8th April 2008, 12:11   #2831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
How come nobody in the forum spoke about the LG Viewty? Am confused which mobile to go for. Wanted a touchscreen with a very nice battery backup, decent camera, and mainly, very good looking. Almost zeroed onto the iPhone but too many issues with it. Budget is a max of 20k. I am pretty interested in the viewty. What do you guys say about it?
Hey I am using the viewty for more than a month now - and let me tell you the more you use it the more you like it. Now if you are in the market for a pda, this is not it.

I have used pda phones (o2, samsung, treo , and pda phones provided by my company for email syncing, etc) for years but realized you barely use the pda functionality. Mostly whats important is contacts syncing with outlook.
I started with my requirements - I have been lately going on a lot of sudden trips and normally do not have a full camera, video/mp3 player, and all the cables and chargers on me, etc.
So i started looking for a decent camera + phone + video player. iphone with its 2mp camera didn't fit the bill and besides not lauched yet so too many hassles and the tension of getting a lemon
The viewty on the other hand was one of the top camera phones in the cnet reviews, so I decided to check it out. It also plays all my videos and is now my primary car audio/video device connected to the car system.
Call quality is pretty good and contacts/bdays sync well with outlook (although not as well as a windows mobile).
The really good part is the camera 5mp stills, 120fps vids, iso800 for night shots (i rarely use the xenon flash even when partying at pubs). So far I am happy with the camera.
If your priority is a good piece of technology go for it and give it a week or so to grow on you as you get used to the cool flash UI, vibrating touchscreen, etc
If you need an excellent UI get the iphone provided you can take the proprietary stuff that comes with it.

cheers,
j
Old 8th April 2008, 13:41   #2832
BHPian

Hello - Is there any word on an India Launch for the Samsung Ultra Smart F700 - Price and launch dates. According to CNET Asia - it is slated for an April launch through out Asia but I cannot find any info on the Samsung India website.

Here's what the phone looks like. Picture courtesy Engadget.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-samsungultraf700.jpg  

Old 9th April 2008, 08:13   #2833
Senior - BHPian

The N82 just got another Firmware Update.

Improvements:
Quote:
  • Flash Lite 3 (including Flash video) - YouTube works, but the frame rate isn't stellar and videos seem to need 'opening on the page' rather than playing automatically
  • Web runtime (Widgets)
  • GPS location tagging is now integrated into the Camera software, as a setting (default is 'Off'), plus 'Show on Map' is there when viewing a photo later
  • More stable software, numerous bug fixes
  • Plus (according to Nokia's firmware web site) 'camera exposure improvements' and 'improvements to Bluetooth headset interoperability'
Source: Flash Video and Web Runtime hit the Nokia N82

When will Nokia give us E90 guys some love? An update appeared for a few hours last week and disappeared. Luckily, those who saw it and updated their E90s have not bricked them (yet).
Old 9th April 2008, 16:45   #2834
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Yep i've upgraded to the latest firmware (20.0.062) on the N82. This one is a bigger update compared to the V11 so i would suggest all n82 owners to upgrade to this firmware.
Old 9th April 2008, 16:50   #2835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I got my Nokia 6300 from Dubai today. I thought the phone comes with the leather pouch, or am I wrong as I did not receive mine? How much does it cost?

Anything else I need to know about this phone? It's my first camera phone btw ;-) hehe, never ever did spend money on mobile phones where the purpose is to call and text only!
Mate, even I bought the 6300 from Dubai. Apparently, they dont come with a leather pouch there. My friends brought the same phone in India and Singapore and it came with a leather pouch. Beats me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks