Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 19:27   #2806
Senior - BHPian

First impressions and groping session report of the S-E Xperia X1: Review: First Impressions of the Xperia X1 - WMExperts

Nice read, and NIIIIICE device. I've always been a sucker for brushed aluminium.

Some specs (Sighhhhhh...):

Quote:
  • HSDPA/HSUPA (Quad Band, too)
  • WiFi and Bluetooth
  • aGPS
  • 3.2 Megapixel Camera
  • 110 x 53 x 16.7 mm
  • 145 grams
  • 1500 mAH Battery
  • Qualcomm's MSM7200A CPU, 528Mhz (confirmed)
  • 800x480 resolution Touchscreen (flush)
  • MicroSD for expansion
  • MiniUSB for data and charging
  • 3.5mm headset jack for music
IF they bring this baby out in time, I think SE have a winner on their hands.
I hope that MicroSD is actually MicroSD-HC. It runs WiMo 6.1, BTW.

@MC Mayank, think no further: WAIT!
Old 6th April 2008, 11:40   #2807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

@MC Mayank, think no further: WAIT!
Hahaha.. man if they put you and me together in a room where they had to make some quick and snappy decisions, we wouldn't get too far .
In the link they don't say anything about the release date.. man I am in dire need of a good phone.. getting really bored of my 6630 which I have had for more than 3 yrs now :(. I see some shifting patterns in the mobile phone industry at the moment. Its almost like a transition phase with the iphone, then the nokia n96, the Xperia..all being sort of revolutionary devices in their own right. So one yr down the line, we would be looking at a different scene in the market with many more of these new gen devices. So my thoughts were that I should just go ahead and buy a phone that is reasonably hi tech and then maybe a yr and a half down the line I could upgrade again.

I had almost made up my mind to go get the n95 8gb from a Subhiksha store. The Singapore prices seem to lesser by 3/4 k but i'm not sure if I want to get a piece so expensive and one that won't have warranty..Your thoughts?
Old 6th April 2008, 11:53   #2808
BHPian

Recently my 6-month old Nokia 6233 got a problem. My voice was not audible to others. I took it to a local service shop and was told that the microphone is damaged and needs to be replaced. I asked him the reason and he said that it happened because of moisture. The mobile never fell in water. When I thought about what could have happened, it struck me that I keep it to the left side of my Fujitsu laptop. This laptop emits extremely hot air and my guess is that it damaged my phone. I paid Rs. 450 for a new mic.

Lesson to learn: Don't place your mobile near your laptop fan.
Old 6th April 2008, 16:13   #2809
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
Your thoughts?
There is no end to waiting coz new models will come out every other month, period!!! List your requirements and pick up one at your budget and one which YOU like, thats it OR you will land up waiting for ever OR changing phone very quarter.

Now a days devices are becoming complex and failure rate increasing, so i would prefer one with warranty.
Old 6th April 2008, 23:40   #2810
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
There's this nice tutorial on taking HDR photos with N-Series Cameraphones (esp. N82) on the Nokia Blog here.
Nice tutorial, with example pictures to show us how much better the photos can be.

HDR = High Dynamic Range imaging. [You learn something new each day. I didn't know about such stuff till I saw this blog post ]

Awesome link!

I've been looking for a TRIPOD from nokia but i couldn't find one yet ... i've seen them at various shops where the put a DUMMY N95 on it, but when asked whether i could just get the tripod they say no not for sale. could anyone help me source it in delhi?
Old 7th April 2008, 02:00   #2811
BHPian

Has anyone heard of the latest buzz in the mobile industry?

Well, let me start if off
By the end of next year, we will have projectors built right into our phones
Obviously they wont project a 60 inch screen but will be capable of 6 feet diagonal length screens. They will also have no need for cooling fans as you see in all projectors.

Can you believe it? Projectors in phones. And no need for cooling the projector!!!

Am gonna hang on to my 2 yr old P910 for some time till i can get my hands on these babes.

Last edited by Xehaust : 7th April 2008 at 02:01.
Old 7th April 2008, 08:59   #2812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
... Obviously they wont project a 60 inch screen but will be capable of 6 feet diagonal length screens. They will also have no need for cooling fans as you see in all projectors....
Strange! Why would they not be able to handle a 5' (60") screen but be able to handle a 6' (72") screen?

I read an article in ToI a couple of days back, and they were talking about "a small projector suitable for connecting to mobile phones". The accompanying pic made it out to be about the size of a ParleG biscuit packet.
Old 7th April 2008, 11:07   #2813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Can you believe it? Projectors in phones. And no need for cooling the projector!!!
Its not a joke and it is definitely going to happen, though initially they will be add-on units (as the old man just described).

There are many that think that a Projector makes more sense in today's PDA-phones than a camera. I am one of those. If I have a device that is capable of doing a lot but is sometimes restricted by screen-size, doesnt it make sense to have the capability of increasing screen size where required?

The initial phone cameras were add-on accessories to phones like the SE T90 - they later became built in. I would see projectors following the same path - I will be happy if I can project my screen to a standard 14 or 15 inch monitor size, because that suddenly makes the unit so much more usable.
Old 7th April 2008, 12:47   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Strange! Why would they not be able to handle a 5' (60") screen but be able to handle a 6' (72") screen?
My bad i think the 6 feet was an exaggeration, will post a link when i find it
Old 7th April 2008, 15:24   #2815
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I will be happy if I can project my screen to a standard 14 or 15 inch monitor size, because that suddenly makes the unit so much more usable.
I can already hook up my Nokia N82 to a TV monitor (even larger than 15-inch) the Graphics processor in the N82, provides a 1Vpp analog video-out signal that drives the monitor. That way I can share videos shot by me as well as flash videos downloaded off Youtube, with my people.

The N82 has dual processors, A main ARM 11 that runs at 332 MHz and a 3D graphics hardware accelerator. The output of this graphics hardware is what's also available as a composite video analog signal 1Vpp.

The Nokia N82 package (box) includes their Video Connectivity Cable CA-75U. This cable plugs into the 3.5 mm audio jack on the handset. At the other end, it has two RCA jacks: One for analog stereo audio out, and one for analog video out. It's ideal for watching videos or showing photos captured on the phone on a full-screen TV monitor.

RealPlayer (videos) and Gallery (when displaying a photo) send a VGA resolution analog signal via TV Out. The quality at which you see it of course depends on your TV.

Ram
Old 7th April 2008, 15:52   #2816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
I can already hook up my Nokia N82 to a TV monitor (even larger than 15-inch) the Graphics processor in the N82, provides a 1Vpp analog video-out signal that drives the monitor. That way I can share videos shot by me as well as flash videos downloaded off Youtube, with my people.

The N82 has dual processors, A main ARM 11 that runs at 332 MHz and a 3D graphics hardware accelerator. The output of this graphics hardware is what's also available as a composite video analog signal 1Vpp.

The Nokia N82 package (box) includes their Video Connectivity Cable CA-75U. This cable plugs into the 3.5 mm audio jack on the handset. At the other end, it has two RCA jacks: One for analog stereo audio out, and one for analog video out. It's ideal for watching videos or showing photos captured on the phone on a full-screen TV monitor.

RealPlayer (videos) and Gallery (when displaying a photo) send a VGA resolution analog signal via TV Out. The quality at which you see it of course depends on your TV.

Ram

I'm sure the Nokia N82 is a wonderful piece of equipment.

However, I do not (currently) plan to carry a TV around with me so that I can view the contents of my phone on it.
Old 7th April 2008, 18:11   #2817
Ram
Senior - BHPian

@Steeroid: One device which will probably do what you need, is a Mitsubishi LED PK10 Pocket Projector. Supposedly the world's smallest projector ever, it uses three high-intensity projector LEDs (red, green and blue) and also comes with an optional battery pack.

You can see it in action in this video.

Ram
Old 7th April 2008, 18:29   #2818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
@Steeroid: One device which will probably do what you need, is a Mitsubishi LED PK10 Pocket Projector. Supposedly the world's smallest projector ever, it uses three high-intensity projector LEDs (red, green and blue) and also comes with an optional battery pack.

You can see it in action in this video.

YouTube - Mitsubishi PK10 Pocket Projector

Ram
The one we're talking about will be match-box sized to start with, BEFORE it becomes a built-in feature on high end handsets at no extra size.
Old 7th April 2008, 19:09   #2819
BHPian

I got my Nokia 6300 from Dubai today. I thought the phone comes with the leather pouch, or am I wrong as I did not receive mine? How much does it cost?

Anything else I need to know about this phone? It's my first camera phone btw ;-) hehe, never ever did spend money on mobile phones where the purpose is to call and text only!
Old 7th April 2008, 20:45   #2820
BHPian

How come nobody in the forum spoke about the LG Viewty? Am confused which mobile to go for. Wanted a touchscreen with a very nice battery backup, decent camera, and mainly, very good looking. Almost zeroed onto the iPhone but too many issues with it. Budget is a max of 20k. I am pretty interested in the viewty. What do you guys say about it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks