Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2008, 20:10   #2716
Senior - BHPian

@DerAlte, I'd tend to say the same thing that Jaggu has.

There isn't a single WiMo phone that has a really good cam. The newer ones do a pretty decent job (about 70% as good as the comparable cam in a Nokia or SE phone) considering the abominations that were tacked on to the older WiMo devices. I guess that is pretty much good enough for a typical user (If you're not that much into photography). How often are you going to use the mobile's cam anyway?
Old 13th March 2008, 20:28   #2717
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, @Jaggu, @hydra. Yes, camera is the least of the reasons.

I use the N70 camera ONLY when I am not carrying a proper camera. It does a decent job in normal daylight, even in a room or in shade, but come evening it is a Dr.Hyde.

I expect the front camera of the TyTN II to be also like that of the N70 - pathetic VGA.
Old 13th March 2008, 20:47   #2718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@steeroid, the Touch camera is good (I have seen some very good pics under different lighting conditions), so the TyTN II should also have the same, no? Or is there some other locha somewhere?
Boss the camera response is pretty slow to start with. You cant whip it out and snap something. I've also noticed that the damn thing takes the pic AFTER the camera sound.

I use the camera regularly to save business cards - the WorldCard Scanner is dandy. I'm sure you'll find it very useful - just snap a pic of the card from the application and it will save directly to your contacts. Its one killer app as far as I'm concerned. Add the GPS and there really isnt much more you would want from the phone....err, device.
Old 13th March 2008, 21:05   #2719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Where from? What problems?

I was about to run out to pick up a piece but when I read @steeroid's comment on the camera, and all my enthu went down! Why pay more for 2 lousy cameras!!! :-(

@steeroid, the Touch camera is good (I have seen some very good pics under different lighting conditions), so the TyTN II should also have the same, no? Or is there some other locha somewhere?
I couldn't get someone to get it down in time. Just search on google for HTC Tilt. You might also wanna check in national market or something.. they might have the AT&T tilt and might be willing to sell it for cheaper now that the real thing is out for just 32k
Old 13th March 2008, 22:08   #2720
Team-BHP Support

Any phone cam for that matter is sluggish, they are not typical aim n shoot like a cowboy kinds.

My Touch cam was also real slow, improved a bit once i installed an update patch but still it doesnt help when i want to shoot a quick one, like an exotic passing by kinda situation.

But then even the typical Sony cybershot cam also takes more than 5 sec to wake up from Off position before shooting. One gets adjusted. Yeah win mob capture also takes time, so does Nokia's and SA of the world, maybe a lil bit better they might be compared to win mob.

Pointless rant lol i dont think ill make it a big deal while buying a Mobile phone/PDA.
Old 13th March 2008, 23:10   #2721
F50
Senior - BHPian

My New Toy!!!

Finally, I bought a phone!!! Just bought it from Mobile Store, Worli.

Thanks Aza! And thanks Steeroid, for helping me out on HTC part, I was mm close of buying HTC P3300 but decided for N82.

Win based mobile still remains my fascination.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-dscn0301.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-dscn0302.jpg  

Old 14th March 2008, 00:24   #2722
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Ahhh congratulations F50 N82 is amongst the best phones around today!!
Old 14th March 2008, 00:26   #2723
BHPian

Congrats..I was bending towards this phone as well.. simply coz its so space age!

PS: Why din't u fulfil your fascination for a wi-mo device?
Old 14th March 2008, 01:36   #2724
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, F50! You've bought what is arguably the best camphone in the business! And upgrading the firmware later (when needed) will be a breeze -- you don't lose data on this phone when you update the firmware.

If you won't be getting too many aftermarket SW apps for this and that, don't worry, you won't miss WiMo that much. And if what you wanted was more phone and cam, and less PDA, you won't miss WiMo at all.
Old 14th March 2008, 12:03   #2725
BANNED

only reason im gonna stick by iphone and still havnet got n82 i wannt wait to see nokia and SE touch screens
Old 14th March 2008, 12:21   #2726
Distinguished - BHPian

@F50,
Congrats. Fantastic phone! How much did it cost with bill/warranty?
Old 14th March 2008, 12:27   #2727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
only reason im gonna stick by iphone and still havnet got n82 i wannt wait to see nokia and SE touch screens
And, I guess that gonna take some time, coz as per news reports on the web, Nokia will launch a touch phone only by last quarter of the year!
Old 14th March 2008, 21:03   #2728
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
I am looking for a new mobile cam. The primary req would be a 3 MP+ camera. I have shortlisted the following models..
SE K790i - Kinda old model
Nokia 5610 - Sleek and sexy model. Not sure of the camera quality.
N 73 - Another old model..

Which one do you guys suggest ? My budget at the max is 12k

Thanks
Old 15th March 2008, 00:34   #2729
aZa
Senior - BHPian

i've an N73 Music edition, the camera is awesome! But the main thing is that the phone is very slow to work with. You press a button and it takes a while for anything to happen.

K790i has XENON flash so Camera wise it is better!
Old 15th March 2008, 02:01   #2730
F50
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Aza, hydrashok, androdev.

Phone is really good. By tomorrow my GPRS should start. EDGE facility is available on Vodafone? The center key is not good. It will feels it will come out. Speaker is bit low and so is the sound from two side speakers.
I still love Win Mobs because of their UI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks