Old 12th March 2008, 18:53   #2701
BHPian

Tytn II has been launched for Rs. 32,990/-
Old 13th March 2008, 10:57   #2702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post

That is excellent news. This phone has got rave reviews all over the world.

Time to save up and upgrade from my Touch

@hydrashok & other mobile experts - your views on this phone ?

Last edited by w 12 : 13th March 2008 at 10:58.
Old 13th March 2008, 11:22   #2703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@Mc Mayank, I'd heard about some video issues (apparently driver-related) with a few HTC phones. More here: HTCClassAction.org - Because HTC dropped the ball, and it's about time they pick it up!
Yup they're missing some drivers for the Qualcomm-chipped phones. The aim of this group however originally had more to do with unlocking the "true potential" of these phones more addressing real issues. Check out the same thread on xda-developers - Xda-developers from where this started - it started off with someone "discovering" that the Qualcomm chipset on the phone is capable of much higher video resolutions than what it currently supports. Then it became a forum-based movement, and soon enough every issue was attributed to 'drivers' after some responses from HTC and the movement lost direction - it soon became a free-for-all HTC-crib pad.

I use a Tytn II on a daily basis, using all its capabilities including GPS (Destinator 7 with maps for the Middle East, Western Europe, UK, 8 Indian Cities and an all India map), music (6 GB does the job for me right now, along with a Motorola S9 bluetooth headset)+internet radio, Push Mail, heavy HSDPA usage for internet browsing, 32 games for my son, Fring/Skype and Worldcard Business Card scanner.

I do not have much to complain about except battery life - I need to charge
the battery every day.

But then again, I do not watch videos on my device so perhaps I do not have cause to be unhappy yet. I watched mobile TV for a while but it was a highly overrated service so I quit.

Last edited by Steeroid : 13th March 2008 at 11:24.
Old 13th March 2008, 12:12   #2704
BHPian

I have been using the TyTN 2 for close to 6 months & its been great. I am not much of a multimedia guy but the camera has been handy quite a few times.

GPS used during my Nagarjuna Sagar trip. I use quite a bit of excel & it has been great. Battery life is the only negative & I need to charge it once in 3 days.

Best is the sound quality & signal reception.

Last edited by theexister : 13th March 2008 at 12:13.
Old 13th March 2008, 14:20   #2705
BHPian

is there any news on HSDPA in India yet?
Old 13th March 2008, 14:47   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WHERE? WHEN? On the shelves or just an announcement?
Old 13th March 2008, 16:45   #2707
BHPian

Quote:
is there any news on HSDPA in India yet?
It would be nice if we had solid news on 3G first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
WHERE? WHEN? On the shelves or just an announcement?
Should be on the shelves, last weekend I was at SGS mall here in Pune which always has a HTC stand. A guy there said they had them there for Rs32K (readily available)
Old 13th March 2008, 17:45   #2708
aZa
Senior - BHPian

There was a huge advertisement in the Newspaper from HTC about tytnII including other phones so i guess its available!

How is the camera of the this phone guys any reviews ?
Old 13th March 2008, 18:29   #2709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
How is the camera of the this phone guys any reviews ?
It merits a one-word review and the word is "Lousy".
Old 13th March 2008, 18:34   #2710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
I have been using the TyTN 2 for close to 6 months & its been great. I am not much of a multimedia guy but the camera has been handy quite a few times.

GPS used during my Nagarjuna Sagar trip. I use quite a bit of excel & it has been great. Battery life is the only negative & I need to charge it once in 3 days.

Best is the sound quality & signal reception.

should be a defective piece
Old 13th March 2008, 18:40   #2711
Senior - BHPian

Good news on the TyTN II/Kaiser!

32K seems reasonable (considering the usually boosted prices). If I were to by a WiMo device right now, the TyTnII would be what I'd pick.

@theexister, you get 3 days out of the Kaiser? That is unbelievable battery backup for a WiMo phone!

The news is not on the HTC website yet.
Old 13th March 2008, 18:44   #2712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
But then again, I do not watch videos on my device so perhaps I do not have cause to be unhappy yet. ...
It actually plays videos pretty well. I had a pretty good library of 320x240 rips with me (that I used to watch on my XDA IIi) that I gave it to my firend who uses a Kaiser. The videos played pretty fine on the Kaiser. With the microSD-HC capability, carrying 2-3 movies around is not much of a problem!
Old 13th March 2008, 19:01   #2713
BHPian

It would be interesting to point out here that one can get the HTC tilt down from the US for about Rs. 24k. Its the Tytn II without the front camera. I was planning this but then ran into problems
Old 13th March 2008, 19:57   #2714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It would be interesting to point out here that one can get the HTC tilt down from the US for about Rs. 24k. Its the Tytn II without the front camera. I was planning this but then ran into problems
Where from? What problems?

I was about to run out to pick up a piece but when I read @steeroid's comment on the camera, and all my enthu went down! Why pay more for 2 lousy cameras!!! :-(

@steeroid, the Touch camera is good (I have seen some very good pics under different lighting conditions), so the TyTN II should also have the same, no? Or is there some other locha somewhere?
Old 13th March 2008, 20:01   #2715
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Where from? What problems?

I was about to run out to pick up a piece but when I read @steeroid's comment on the camera, and all my enthu went down! Why pay more for 2 lousy cameras!!! :-(

@steeroid, the Touch camera is good (I have seen some very good pics under different lighting conditions), so the TyTN II should also have the same, no? Or is there some other locha somewhere?
If you are ok with Touch camera then you should be fine with TyTN main cam also. They are finicky and needs good lighting to give good quality.

The smaller front cam in TyTN might be of lesser quality, atleast this is what i have read. I always go with these guys for review, so far they come closest to my personal experience HTC TyTN II review: Kaiser of PocketPCs - GSMArena.com

Then again am sure camera will be 5% reason why you would want to go for such a piece right?

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th March 2008 at 20:05.

Most Viewed