Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2008, 06:45   #2686
Senior - BHPian

Push to talk problem

I have a Nokia 6233. Problem: I keep getting a message coming with an anoying beep that says "Push to Talk enhancement not supported".

Now, ALL my push to talk options on ALL profiles are turned off. According to my Nokia manual EVERY push to talk feature is turned off. But I still get the messages and the beeps. The only thing that stops it is if I turn off the phone for awhile. And then it starts again eventually. I am with Airtel.

Anybody got an idea of how to solve this?
Old 8th March 2008, 10:35   #2687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
anyone with any experience with Asus?

Asus launches Feature Packed P750 PDA Phone in India
Played a lot with these. Will get a video uploaded to Youtube soon. Search CRFmall on youtube the day after.
Old 8th March 2008, 11:31   #2688
BHPian

Hey Does Anyone here Know how To update the software of a Motorazar.....good to look at , well thats just about it ......
Old 8th March 2008, 14:29   #2689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
I have a Nokia 6233. Problem: I keep getting a message coming with an anoying beep that says "Push to Talk enhancement not supported".

Now, ALL my push to talk options on ALL profiles are turned off. According to my Nokia manual EVERY push to talk feature is turned off. But I still get the messages and the beeps. The only thing that stops it is if I turn off the phone for awhile. And then it starts again eventually. I am with Airtel.

Anybody got an idea of how to solve this?
If all PTT settings are off, it could be that the PTT button is getting pressed for some reason. This could be because of some problem with the mobile's body (causing the button to get pressed), or because something is pushing against the button inside the case. Or the button could be faulty.

Just a guess, BTW

One way to see if it is operator-related (not likely, is what I think) is to keep the phone offline for a while and see if the messages/beeps still keep coming. If they do, it surely has to do with the phone itself, and not the operator.
Old 8th March 2008, 16:11   #2690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
If all PTT settings are off, it could be that the PTT button is getting pressed for some reason. This could be because of some problem with the mobile's body (causing the button to get pressed), or because something is pushing against the button inside the case. Or the button could be faulty.

Just a guess, BTW

One way to see if it is operator-related (not likely, is what I think) is to keep the phone offline for a while and see if the messages/beeps still keep coming. If they do, it surely has to do with the phone itself, and not the operator.
Thanks. I will check it out.
Old 8th March 2008, 17:44   #2691
BHPian

I have been attracted to the Asus range of phones ...

@Hydra and others.. can you explain whats seen in this video? Is it some trick?

Old 8th March 2008, 18:27   #2692
Senior - BHPian

@Mc Mayank, I'd heard about some video issues (apparently driver-related) with a few HTC phones. More here: HTCClassAction.org - Because HTC dropped the ball, and it's about time they pick it up!

What the video shows is probably connected to this issue (the Touch Dual runs on a Qualcomm CPU).

I'd also read someplace that HTC has openly come out on this and have committed to address the issues on a firmware level itself (and not with better drivers -- most people insist that the issue is because of faulty drivers).
Old 8th March 2008, 20:20   #2693
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Hey Does Anyone here Know how To update the software of a Motorazar.....good to look at , well thats just about it ......
go to motorola website and you can update the software online
Old 8th March 2008, 20:22   #2694
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
How do you guys manage SMS in the inbox ?

As you know SE phones dont have SMS management . I cant create a new folder and move all the messages in there like NOKIA . SE sucks in this department . I have to leave all the messages in the INBOX or either trasfer it to PC . But whats the 1 GB memory stick or the 70 MB free phone memory I have ,when I can not store messages in there .
I want to organise SMS in my k 790i .Any body solution pls .
sorry bro no solution instead of hacking software
Old 10th March 2008, 11:43   #2695
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any idea about how to unlock a Sony Ericsson K800i bought in London, and locked by TMobile?

\N
Old 10th March 2008, 11:48   #2696
BHPian

A lot of the smalltime mobile repair shops grey market dealers do it.

You got the £80 deal on the set?
Old 10th March 2008, 14:19   #2697
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi Guys,

Any idea about how to unlock a Sony Ericsson K800i bought in London, and locked by TMobile?

\N
Try gaffar market in karol bagh! I'm sure they can do it
Old 10th March 2008, 17:29   #2698
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, the iPhone is not officially released in India right? I checked Apple India Store website also.

But, in the "Bangalore Mirror" newspaper last week, Sangeetha had advertized about iPhone. When I called them up and asked the price, they told around 28k for 8GB. Can someone tell whether this is a genuine deal?
Old 10th March 2008, 18:14   #2699
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi Guys,

\N
You can unlock it by yourself @ home from Here- you just need an Usb cable that came with your + Broadband connection & some spare time
From Here aswell but they charge 10 euro

Last edited by unknown : 10th March 2008 at 18:15.
Old 10th March 2008, 21:06   #2700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Hey guys, the iPhone is not officially released in India right? I checked Apple India Store website also.

But, in the "Bangalore Mirror" newspaper last week, Sangeetha had advertized about iPhone. When I called them up and asked the price, they told around 28k for 8GB. Can someone tell whether this is a genuine deal?
Nope, they are illegally selling it. I wonder how they decided to advertise it.
Believe me, when it's launched here, you will know, everyone will know

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks