Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2008, 20:54   #2671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Am sorry to say that, i have created another mobile phone browsing monster on TBHP

Viddy.. enjoy the browsing and call up customer care and blast them for making you waste so much money.
Thank you soo much Jaggu. Jaggu fixed the problem. Most of my setup was right only thing was I had gotten the settings automatically from hutch as a result for the proxy settings WAP and secure WAP were also present. Those were deleted and whoopie I have GPRS working fine.

Now I'll see for a few weeks if I really need to subscribe to Vodafone Mobile connect for POP/IMAP and those weather info on home screen.

Thank you again Jaggu.
Old 6th March 2008, 21:16   #2672
Team-BHP Support

No need to thank me, am surprised that neither Airtel nor Hutch guys have figured this issue while setting up Win Mob OR They just want to get some fast buck by prescribing full fledged GPRS connection.

It took me one whole Sunday to figure this out with my ol IPAQ, after getting fed up with Airtel's "cant do" replies.
Old 7th March 2008, 00:49   #2673
BHPian

Guys, I am moving from my nokia 6630 to an HTC p3300. I have taken backup of all my data using the nokia content copier application in Nokia PC Suite. Would I be able to transfer all the messages, contact detailsand media files to the HTC seamlessly? I just want to know if this backup file that the Content copier has created will be enough to get all my data to my HTC. I can go ahead and delete all the stuff from my Nokia in that case before I sell it to the guy tomorrow..
Old 7th March 2008, 01:24   #2674
BHPian

You can go ahead and delete your data from your cell because anyways you have made a backup so in case you need the data back on your Nokia phone, it can be transferred back
Old 7th March 2008, 04:09   #2675
BHPian

Do you type large messages and use a symbian phone?

Do you type large messages and use a symbian phone? Try QUETIM, it's free and amazing.

Cheers!!!

Edit - Just realized it's a Java app, so it can work on any camera phone.

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 7th March 2008 at 04:10.
Old 7th March 2008, 10:10   #2676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
You can go ahead and delete your data from your cell because anyways you have made a backup so in case you need the data back on your Nokia phone, it can be transferred back

I would be able to extract the data out to an HTC phone as well?
Old 7th March 2008, 10:23   #2677
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
Guys, I am moving from my nokia 6630 to an HTC p3300. I have taken backup of all my data using the nokia content copier application in Nokia PC Suite. Would I be able to transfer all the messages, contact detailsand media files to the HTC seamlessly? I just want to know if this backup file that the Content copier has created will be enough to get all my data to my HTC. I can go ahead and delete all the stuff from my Nokia in that case before I sell it to the guy tomorrow..
For contacts use sync option. Media just copy paste using active sync.

Messages be careful since its stored in mobile outlook in HTC and in nokia its in symbian, i have never bothered to copy messages so dont know. Maybe if its not big use sim to transfer, safest and most straight forward.
Old 7th March 2008, 10:32   #2678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
I would be able to extract the data out to an HTC phone as well?
NOOOOOO! Nokia Backup files will not restore to Windows Mobile!

Backup your contacts to Outlook on your computer by Syncing the phone (and backup the Outlook.pst file after, just in case). Copy media files directly to the computer. I'd also backup all the contacts onto the RS-MMC (in the .vcf format, I think). Then copy the .vcf files to your computer as a 3rd-level backup. (I'm paranoid when it comes to Contacts, but it definitely helps).

There is some Symbian free app that backs up SMS onto a .txt file. I'd posted about it someplace on this thread. Can't find it now :( Let me try again on the 'net.

You can sync the Outlook contacts onto your HTC device after you get it. The Multimedia files can be copied onto it directly. I don;t think the SMS can be moved to the HTC device, though.

Congrats on the purchase, BTW. Finally decided on the P3300, huh?
Old 7th March 2008, 10:34   #2679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Do you type large messages and use a symbian phone? Try QUETIM, it's free and amazing.

Cheers!!!

Edit - Just realized it's a Java app, so it can work on any camera phone.
why not just directly hookup the phone to the computer and send the SMS thru computer? i am sure there is some software like that for symbian. i use it all the time with my windows mobile (send SMS from computer keyboard - Jeyo, Inc. - Jeyo Mobile Companion)
Old 7th March 2008, 12:49   #2680
BHPian

hi Team

Want to decide b/w N82 and htc P3300, of which is a better one in terms of GPS and availablity of maps (easly available).
Old 7th March 2008, 12:51   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Congrats on the purchase, BTW. Finally decided on the P3300, huh?
No brother no, I almost decided but then yesterday I saw your message lying in my inbox about the dopod w860! My colleague is yet to go to Singapore so I have no idea aboout availability or prices in Singapore. Wondering whether to wait another month or whether to go for the p3300.
Old 7th March 2008, 13:04   #2682
BHPian

Samsung i780

Samsung i780 review: Mouse included - GSMArena.com

Any idea if its out in India yet?
Old 7th March 2008, 13:21   #2683
Senior - BHPian

Sony ericsson phone wallas help ...

How do you guys manage SMS in the inbox ?

As you know SE phones dont have SMS management . I cant create a new folder and move all the messages in there like NOKIA . SE sucks in this department . I have to leave all the messages in the INBOX or either trasfer it to PC . But whats the 1 GB memory stick or the 70 MB free phone memory I have ,when I can not store messages in there .
I want to organise SMS in my k 790i .Any body solution pls .

Last edited by black12rr : 7th March 2008 at 13:23.
Old 7th March 2008, 13:57   #2684
BHPian

anyone with any experience with Asus?

Asus launches Feature Packed P750 PDA Phone in India
Old 8th March 2008, 02:45   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
why not just directly hookup the phone to the computer and send the SMS thru computer? i am sure there is some software like that for symbian. i use it all the time with my windows mobile (send SMS from computer keyboard - Jeyo, Inc. - Jeyo Mobile Companion)
Yup, PC Suite works fine. But this can help when you don't have access to PC Suite and want to send a large msg.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks