Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:57   #2026
BHPian

20 key keypad?? Is this the Blackberry 8100 type of keyboard?

Looks good though!
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:20   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Mobile-Review:
http://www.mobile-review.com/index-en.shtml
(site is currently down as I type this)
has a review of the HTC Touch Dual. Check it out once the site is back up again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
20 key keypad?? Is this the Blackberry 8100 type of keyboard?

Looks good though!
Read reviews here:

HTC Touch Slide to launch on Monday - MoDaCo

Or go to the htc site for specifications - www.htc.com
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:48   #2028
Senior - BHPian

@iraghava - the phone is 2 mm thicker and 8 gms heavier. Not a noticable increase by any means, but its a whole 6 mm LONGER to accomodate the keyboard within the form.

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd October 2007 at 12:52.
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:07   #2029
Senior - BHPian

No problem there Steer, I have no issues with that. I think I'm going to see when it's going to get launched & pick it up if it's reasonably priced.
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:16   #2030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Read reviews here:

HTC Touch Slide to launch on Monday - MoDaCo

Or go to the htc site for specifications - www.htc.com
Looks like the Touch Slide / Duo lost WiFi , when it aquired the sliding keyboard . Stupid HTC !
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:27   #2031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Looks like the Touch Slide / Duo lost WiFi , when it aquired the sliding keyboard . Stupid HTC !
Damn! There HAD to be a negative - this was hotly debated but yes the HTC final specs seem to confirm that there's not WiFi.

Its not an issue for people like me that rely more on 3G than on WiFi, but it wouldnt go down very well in Europe where you have many more Hotspots to rely on.
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:44   #2032
Senior - BHPian

A latest ten thumbs down from my side for the P1i for those wanting the sony-blackberry

Was in phuket over the weekend, offsite. A senior had a P1i that seemed to be working fine in Bangkok. On arrival in Phuket, it went mad - the blackberry kept searhcing non stop for the service, to no avail. besides draining the battery, it made the phone hang. No calls could be made, BlackBerry couldn't be turned off, and besides main menu, all other applications hung.

That being said, for blackberry purposes, stick with a blackberry. I've seen both with different bosses, and blackberry does its things well. P1i is a total no go (despite god level features otherwise)
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:56   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
I have Nokia 3230, which has IrDA and Bluetooth. I can connect with my laptop using IrDA, but it is very slow.

I tried to connect using Bluetooth: switched on bluetooth connection in mobile, visibility is set to all and clicked 'New Paired Device', scanning begins.

In laptop (IBM T43, Windows XP), trying to search for Bluetooth devices, but after sometime it says no device found.

However, from my mobile, I can connect with other mobiles (Nokia, Sony) through Bluetooth and can exchange files.

What could be issue?
If you can confirm that your laptop is bluetooth enabled, then the issue could be that you will probably need to configure the target bluetooth device as "discoverable" and then search for the device.

I am facing a similar issue with my PC. My PC can detect my mobile but cannot detect my headset though my mobile can !! I am wondering if some of these devices are configured to be pairable with only one device.

Last edited by sharathjeppu : 3rd October 2007 at 22:59.
Old 4th October 2007, 08:39   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
File exchange requires simple Obex (Edit: that stands for Object Exchange) or FTP bluetooth protocols. Connecting to the net using your laptop requires your phone bluetooth stack to support Serial Port or Dialup Modem. Check your phone first. If the phone does support these profiles, then you need to check the bluetooth stack on your laptop.
I am trying to connect my mobile and laptop through Bluetooth for simple file transfer between them, I am not trying to connect to internet or so. I am able to connect them through IrDA port, but not with Bluetooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathjeppu View Post
If you can confirm that your laptop is bluetooth enabled, then the issue could be that you will probably need to configure the target bluetooth device as "discoverable" and then search for the device.

I am facing a similar issue with my PC. My PC can detect my mobile but cannot detect my headset though my mobile can !! I am wondering if some of these devices are configured to be pairable with only one device.
Hmmm, there is only one setting in my mobile that is set to 'Show to all' - I hope this should take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
You probably need a USB Bluetooth dongle for the T43.
Since T43 already comes with inbuilt Bluetooth port, I thought this is not needed.
Old 4th October 2007, 08:46   #2035
Team-BHP Support

Satya, since we have the same laptops from the same source, I also have problems. It worked occasionally with a Nokia and does not seem to work with the sony -ericsson although it detects it
Old 7th October 2007, 23:19   #2036
Senior - BHPian

Does any one have Nokia E65 ?

How is it ? How is battery life ?
Old 7th October 2007, 23:32   #2037
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Has anyone tried GPS on Nokia phones running on 3rd editon symbiam phones like e50 , e62 ? how effective are they ? which is the best software for this? and which are the best gps devices to pair with these phones?
Old 8th October 2007, 10:08   #2038
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Does any one have Nokia E65 ?

How is it ? How is battery life ?
have it, if ure camera crazy then forget it nor does it have fm. other that it it rocks. wifi is wicked on it. battery is good too.
Old 12th October 2007, 02:09   #2039
BHPian

atom exec. or orbit

i have viewed a lot of phones and finally shortlisted 2 devices. now i am confused on which 1 to buy?
1. o2 orbit - better sound quality, better camera, built in gps receiver
or
2. o2 atom exec. - faster processor??, flash light, stereo speakers.
i have not heard any of them play music.. how is the volume and the sound clarity in both of them?
heard that there are a lot of problems in the atom series. is it true?
which is a better phone among the two of them?
any help on this front will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance. hdp
Old 12th October 2007, 09:39   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoguy4u View Post
i have viewed a lot of phones and finally shortlisted 2 devices. now i am confused on which 1 to buy?
1. o2 orbit - better sound quality, better camera, built in gps receiver
or
2. o2 atom exec. - faster processor??, flash light, stereo speakers.
i have not heard any of them play music.. how is the volume and the sound clarity in both of them?
heard that there are a lot of problems in the atom series. is it true?
which is a better phone among the two of them?
any help on this front will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance. hdp
Two things:

1. Why do you want to go in for a windows mobile 5.0 device when the 6.0 devices would soon be made available?
2. If you are decided on O2 have you looked at Flame?

And one last thing: Check out the new range for iMate. Awesome devices.

The Exec definitely has the faster of the two processors and from what I have heard is a better performance PDA. Sound quality and all only a user can confirm but I doubt that there will be substantial difference between the two.

Most Viewed