Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2007, 19:48   #1876
Senior - BHPian

while Every maker is launching more and more sophisticated handsets. Neonode silently launched the N2. Its probably the smallest windows mobile device with a neno interface (allegdly copied by apple)

no extra features but still all the necessary jazz is included.
Old 2nd September 2007, 21:57   #1877
BHPian

Anyone here using O2 Atom Life ?? And laso, any idea about HTC tytn II ?? Is it launched yet ??
Old 2nd September 2007, 22:31   #1878
Senior - BHPian

HP iPaq 512 Windows mobile with Wifi @ 12K
Has anyone used/seen it??
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:16   #1879
BANNED

I am looking to get a Sony flap phone for under 10K. What among the following would be my best bet, in terms of overall appearance and style, talk time and battery life:
w710i, z530i, z550i, z610i and z710i
(You're welcome to mention other flap models, I may have forgotten)

Also, I intend trading-in my old Nokia for the new Sony.
Any suggestions as to where I might get the best deal? (I reside in Andheri West)
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:18   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
HP iPaq 512 Windows mobile with Wifi @ 12K
Has anyone used/seen it??
I have used HP mobile there are not good stay away from them..O2 is much better.
Old 3rd September 2007, 00:13   #1881
Senior - BHPian

others maybe good but HTC are the best in pocketpc market in India. Overall I would say the Loox T830 if we talk globally.
Old 3rd September 2007, 01:21   #1882
BHPian

I need to gift my girlfriend a new phone and she will only use a PINK coloured one. Currently she has a Moto Razr (old one) in a hot pink colour.

Heard there is a Sony Ericsson flip phone in pink, any idea which one it is and how much it costs? Any other phones in pink?
Old 4th September 2007, 19:47   #1883
Senior - BHPian

Charging Mobile batteries

1 question to the other bhpians. How often do you charge your mobile battery ?

I use the mobile whole day and plug in the charger when i go to sleep at night and and and in the morning unplug the charger. I do this daily even if battery meter on phone shows full. Is this right thing or should i let my phone battery drain and then charge it.
Old 4th September 2007, 20:15   #1884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

I use the mobile whole day and plug in the charger when i go to sleep at night and and and in the morning unplug the charger. I do this daily even if battery meter on phone shows full. Is this right thing or should i let my phone battery drain and then charge it.
Buddy that is the worst thing you can do to spoil your battery. Always try to use the phone till the battery is almost discharged. And, never never put it on charge and go to sleep as overcharging is sure-shot way of shortening the life of your battery.

I typically charge my phone for 1 hour or slightly more each morning when it is usually in a 25% remaining stage and it works out for me the whole day
Old 4th September 2007, 21:08   #1885
Team-BHP Support

well my phone is on charge most of the time when im at home. on the contrary for lithium ion batteries like our phones use ive heard that it shouldnt be discharged or charged fully. its perfectly fine to take it out halfway.
Old 4th September 2007, 22:15   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

I have had the experience twice when my cell phone was damaged and lost all data in it due to over-night charging (advised by engineers both times)

It's a bad practice to charge your cell over-night as this will cause excess current in the cell even though most of the phones cut-off the charging when the battery gets full.

Also, its better to let the battery drain before you charge it as this ensures a longer life.
Old 5th September 2007, 00:06   #1887
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I have had the experience twice when my cell phone was damaged and lost all data in it due to over-night charging (advised by engineers both times)

It's a bad practice to charge your cell over-night as this will cause excess current in the cell even though most of the phones cut-off the charging when the battery gets full.

Also, its better to let the battery drain before you charge it as this ensures a longer life.
debatable, ideally once in a while discharge to max (i do once in 3 or 4 weeks), otherwise top up is fine, overnight charging will not harm battery life in most phone since these batteries (yes they have circuits inside) as well as phone circuits are devised in such a way as to stop charging once a prescribed level is attained. yeah if you have a very unreliable/fluctuating power supply avoid overnight or extended time plugged in.
Old 5th September 2007, 00:20   #1888

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I need to gift my girlfriend a new phone and she will only use a PINK coloured one. Currently she has a Moto Razr (old one) in a hot pink colour.

Heard there is a Sony Ericsson flip phone in pink, any idea which one it is and how much it costs? Any other phones in pink?
you should consider the sony ericsson z610i...in pink.
Old 5th September 2007, 00:25   #1889
Senior - BHPian

batteries these days are not affected by our charge cycles. Or so I have heard.

Usually I recharge only when the battery low sign shows up. my phone lasts me 4 days easily.
Old 9th September 2007, 20:57   #1890
BHPian

the HTC TYTN II is out, anyone got it yet?
please post a review if you have one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks