Team-BHP - My Gaming Rig with specs and pictures
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   My Gaming Rig with specs and pictures (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/59633-my-gaming-rig-specs-pictures-4.html)

SumitBahl how much did all this cost you ?

These sure look cool and i have always been a PC gamer too but got my first console recently. Here are the specs:

Sony Playstation 3 80GB
connected by HDMI to
Samsung MoselBlaque 52" LCD tv
Bose Jewel Cube 5.1 home theatre sound

:D Im sure there will be many PC gamers who would love to differ but the combo of these 3 has been the best gaming experience ever

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny2599 (Post 1734677)
SumitBahl how much did all this cost you ?

The total including monitor, Logitech Z2300 speakers, apple KB and Mouse was close to 1L.

thanks for informing sumitbhal would like to get something like this soon in near future thnaks and ya enjoy........

I am sure similar spec'ed system would cost less now.
Prices keep dropping every fortnight.

With the launch of i5, if one goes for a Core i7, he's either in for some serious power, or he's stupid. The flagship i5 can be overclocked to beat the i7 920. And costing merely $200, it saves a lot. But memory prices have increased, and relative shortage of ATi silicon in the market has spiraled prices by ~10%.

Good to see some game nutter on Tbhp.Nice rigs fellas.
@Sumit: your setup is really impressive mate, but with i7 and over 4 gig of RAM all aircooled, aren't you getting performance issues? As I've heard that rigs with i7 and > 4 gigs of RAM on aircooled setup, ends up running slow and game play becomes difficult as CPU temp goes more than 85 degrees!!!!

I have 6 gigs of DDR3 RAM. I am managing a CPU temp of around 70 degrees and MB temp of around 40 degrees.

Thanks to the digital temperature monitor (LCD Poster) that came with ASUS RAMPAGE II GENE, now i can keep a watch on temperatures.

It even gives an alarm when temp rises above your prescribed levels.

Temp reading on you rig sounds ok.But have you ever experienced higher temps?? Any plans on moving to water cooled setup?? (Asking just out of interest)

I will move to water cooled if I see temperatures rising above prescribed limits.

Holy mother of God the computers on this thread are AMAZING. Brilliant stuff. Fantastic.

Here is the gaming rig that I put together not too long ago :D

Cabinet: IN WIN 303 Tempered Glass Nvidia Edition
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370-P
Processor: Intel Core™ i7-8700K
Graphics Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC Gaming O11G
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4266Mhz, 16 GB DDR4
Cooler: Scythe Fuma SCFM-1000
PSU: Seasonic 750W Focus Plus Gold
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo M.2 1 TB + 250GB
HDD: WD Black™ 2TB
Monitor: ASUS VG248QE
Speakers: Logitech Z906
Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Headset: Corsair Raptor HS40 7.1 USB Gaming Headset

My Gaming Rig with specs and pictures-img_1801.jpg

My Gaming Rig with specs and pictures-img_1824.jpg

My Gaming Rig with specs and pictures-img_1827.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by deveshshukla53 (Post 4458654)
Well, a quick search helped me find this thread and I am not sure if there is another one with recent comments/suggestions, however, can someone suggest a gaming rig build? I intend to build just a cpu and connect it to my Bravia for playing games. This helps in allocating more budget on components for the CPU. Games that I intend to play are CS:GO, PubG etc.

CS:GO is not a demanding game by modern PC standards, but a quick search for the recommended specifications to play PubG tells me the below.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: 16 GB
VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB
FREE DISK SPACE: 30 GB

What is your budget? Based on your budget, a build can be suggested.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joxster (Post 4461044)
CS:GO is not a demanding game by modern PC standards, but a quick search for the recommended specifications to play PubG tells me the below.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: 16 GB
VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB
FREE DISK SPACE: 30 GB

What is your budget? Based on your budget, a build can be suggested.

I can not afford spending on the gear that you have put together, max I can spend is 45k for the CPU. Also, is it a good idea to connect it to an LED tv screen instead of buying a separate monitor?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deveshshukla53 (Post 4463453)
I can not afford spending on the gear that you have put together, max I can spend is 45k for the CPU.

When you say 45k for the CPU, do you mean only the processor; or do you mean the entire build?
Suggestions can be made only if this point is clear. :)

Quote:

Also, is it a good idea to connect it to an LED tv screen instead of buying a separate monitor?
This is not an easy question to answer, as it completely depends on personal choice, and the resolution that you plan to play your games in, but to try and summarize it for you, I've mentioned the link to an article that explains the differences below (suggest that you read it).
I'm also listing out the pros and cons of both for the benefit of other members.

Monitors

Pros:
  1. Low response times
  2. Higher pixel density
  3. DisplayPort support
  4. High variety of resolutions
Cons:
  1. Smaller screens

TVs

Pros:
  1. Bigger screens
  2. Wider choice of screen sizes
  3. Better split-screen multiplayer
Cons:
  1. High response times
  2. Resolution gap

https://www.gamingscan.com/tv-vs-monitor-for-gaming/

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joxster (Post 4463503)
When you say 45k for the CPU, do you mean only the processor; or do you mean the entire build?

I mean the entire build. I got to know from a couple of friends that the i5-8400 processor should be sufficient and has equal to/marginally less efficiency compared to i7-7700 and since it is cheaper and newer, would be a better bet. Could you share your view on this? I am not very tech savvy please:

And, thank you very much for sharing the article. Will surely go through it.