Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 14:11   #1396
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

If you want to watch videos, get something with atleast 5" screen. Below that its not worth it. In your budget you can look at the newer Karbonn. I think it has a Tegra. Even on Karbonn S5 with MX video player I can play videos without issue.

That said Xolo new phone definitely has TEGRA.
<5" video is not fun. 5" is minimum. trust me.
Old 6th December 2013, 14:25   #1397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Guys,
would someone please tell me if there are any problems with Lumia 625.

My current phone is dead and i need another phone immideately. I dont have time to research see and then to visit malls.

My only concern is with the following:
- Display Quality. Images. video's etc.
- Playing HD Video's (Can it play smoothly, unlike some android counterparts?)
- Call quality.
Rest of the features seem ok to me. I dont need a camera.
I use a Lumia 625, and overall very happy with the phone.
  • Call quality is excellent.
  • Display quality is good. Infact I found the colours more natural then my previous Samsung Note 2
  • Video playback is good, I am not a big fan of the YouTube apps available on Windows, but HD videos play smoothly (over WiFi or LTE)
  • Good primary camera with excellent photo editing apps from Nokia. The front camera is pretty useless though
For its price, I found the phone excellent value.
Old 6th December 2013, 15:22   #1398
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I use a Lumia 625, and overall very happy with the phone.
  • Call quality is excellent.
  • Display quality is good. Infact I found the colours more natural then my previous Samsung Note 2
  • Video playback is good, I am not a big fan of the YouTube apps available on Windows, but HD videos play smoothly (over WiFi or LTE)
  • Good primary camera with excellent photo editing apps from Nokia. The front camera is pretty useless though
For its price, I found the phone excellent value.
Thanks VB-san for your valuable inputs. Request you please comment on one more item.

- WIll the phone vibrate only once when someone calls? Or will the vibration continue until the call is answered. My mom has a Lumia 710 and it vibrates only once + to make things miserable, It has a damn poor speaker. Is the case same with 625?
- Roughly whats the street price for this phone. Flipkart is offering it for 17+ K with some freebies. is it good? or will i find better deals in our streets?

Thanks.

Old 6th December 2013, 15:34   #1399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks VB-san for your valuable inputs. Request you please comment on one more item.

- WIll the phone vibrate only once when someone calls? Or will the vibration continue until the call is answered. My mom has a Lumia 710 and it vibrates only once + to make things miserable, It has a damn poor speaker. Is the case same with 625?
- Roughly whats the street price for this phone. Flipkart is offering it for 17+ K with some freebies. is it good? or will i find better deals in our streets?
On the first point, it continues to vibrate until the call is answered. I normally keep the phone on vibration mode or the ringer at minimum. The speaker is decent, not exceptional.

On the price, I really don’t know
I bought it here in Singapore. Here it was around half the price of Lumia 925.

Edit: Nokia Shop India shows Rs.15999
http://nokia.indiatimes.com/

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th December 2013 at 15:35.
Old 6th December 2013, 15:38   #1400
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
On the first point, it continues to vibrate until the call is answered. I normally keep the phone on vibration mode or the ringer at minimum. The speaker is decent, not exceptional.

On the price, I really don’t know
I bought it here in Singapore. Here it was around half the price of Lumia 925.

Edit: Nokia Shop India shows Rs.15999
http://nokia.indiatimes.com/
Thanks for the clarifications. i will be purchasing it today.

Do i have to take any other accessories with it? which you felt they are required ?

Will post my feedback on the phone by monday or so.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 6th December 2013 at 15:39. Reason: adding value.

Old 6th December 2013, 16:19   #1401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the clarifications. i will be purchasing it today.

Do i have to take any other accessories with it? which you felt they are required ?

Will post my feedback on the phone by monday or so.
Nothing much. If needed you can get a screen protector, and an additional back cover of your choice of color.
Old 7th December 2013, 15:47   #1402
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
What do you mean only Philips and Panasonic are compatible? Doesn't Lumia 520 come with the 3.5mm slot for audio out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I don't think there are any compatibility issues. I am using MEElectronics earphones and Mediabridge 3.5mm AUX cable with my 720. Both work absolutely fine.
I think i was;t clear Enough in my question .

While Lumia uses standard 3.5 mm Jack, My question was more towards the fact that not all headsets are supported/compatible with lumia . Usually each manufacturer will list out compatible phone with their headsets . I found skull candy's missing from that list for lumia 520 , hence posted the question.

Anyways just bought a Philips headset for 700 rs. pretty dis appointed with Philips . 700 rs wasted IMO . Any Suggestion for good quality headset's . I am looking One for daily calls as at time,calls lasts up to 2 hours .
Old 7th December 2013, 17:11   #1403
BHPian

Can I use the same Sim card which is being used currently on Note 2 on Nokia Lumia 925 phone? Should I go for a new sim or existing one can be used as it is. This is quite urgent. Request you to please reply ASAP. Thanks.

Edit: The current sim being used on Note 2 was cut from a normal sim. Should I take a micro sim if it does not fit in 925. Thanks

Last edited by vvrchandra : 7th December 2013 at 17:21.
Old 7th December 2013, 17:14   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Can I use the same Sim card which is being used currently on Note 2 on Nokia Lumia 925 phone? Should I go for a new sim or existing one can be used as it is. This is quite urgent. Request you to please reply ASAP. Thanks.
Why not. If the size is same it doesn't matter. The sim I use is 5 years old carried across various phones and works fine.
I case it doesn't , you can always get a new one ordered from the provider for a minimal sum ( if they charge)

Last edited by sammyboy : 7th December 2013 at 17:17.
Old 7th December 2013, 17:25   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Edit: The current sim being used on Note 2 was cut from a normal sim. Should I take a micro sim if it does not fit in 925. Thanks
Even my SIM is more than 10 years old and has travelled over 5 phones.

All modern phones use the micr SIM so there should be no problem.
Old 7th December 2013, 17:34   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Any Suggestion for good quality headset's . I am looking One for daily calls as at time,calls lasts up to 2 hours .
If you are relying on the headphones for calls, OEM headphones could be among the best option. Even among Nokia headphones, 920 or 1020 headphones could be of a higher quality than the 520 headphones if they are different. Nokia owners can comment here.

Personally, I'm happy with my HTC headphones for the calls, though there are better headphones without mic that I use for the media player purposes.
Old 8th December 2013, 17:12   #1407
BHPian

Any good live tile/app for displaying the current battery status on the start screen of Nokia lumia 925. Thanks.
Old 8th December 2013, 17:41   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any good live tile/app for displaying the current battery status on the start screen of Nokia lumia 925. Thanks.
I've downloaded an app named 'Battery' on my Lumia 720. It works great, and when you click on the tile, you get options for turning on wireless, bluetooth, location and data services.
Old 8th December 2013, 17:47   #1409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You can download the app called Insider. Pretty useful one!
Old 8th December 2013, 19:23   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I've downloaded an app named 'Battery' on my Lumia 720. It works great, and when you click on the tile, you get options for turning on wireless, bluetooth, location and data services.
Yesterday, I went to Croma to check out lumia 720 for my wife. She needs a easy to use phone with good camera, free music streaming and good battery life and hence lumia 720. My budget is also not more than 15K.

Croma sales man said that there are some reported problems in 720. He suggested 625. Can any user confirm about problems in 720?

Last edited by sups : 8th December 2013 at 19:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks