Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2012, 12:56   #631
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Hi, Got a Lumia 710 (I know am at the dead end, but still my requirements fit well). In People app, I saw that I cannot filter my contact list on phone contacts! It shows Gmail/ Windows Live, and if I unchecked both, I don't see even my phone contacts!

Can anyone tell me how do I see only the contacts on my phone? Also, some of my contacts are linked multiple times (3 to 4 times) to Windows Live account!
Download RAP dialer from the market, it will sync your contacts automatically after downloading.
Just swipe to right and you should have options, select search option it has filter contacts option.

Hope this should help you
Old 20th November 2012, 13:52   #632
Senior - BHPian

Windows Phone 8 woes - random reboots. Apparently no fix till date.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...=1353321008193
Old 20th November 2012, 15:43   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu
Hi, Got a Lumia 710 (I know am at the dead end, but still my requirements fit well). In People app, I saw that I cannot filter my contact list on phone contacts! It shows Gmail/ Windows Live, and if I unchecked both, I don't see even my phone contacts!

Can anyone tell me how do I see only the contacts on my phone? Also, some of my contacts are linked multiple times (3 to 4 times) to Windows Live account!

you have to go and manually edit your contacts from live account (people) online, and then make sure you don't save contacts if you send hotmail (online) to send mails and then uncheck those options this is the only way to sort, manually delete what you don't want.

Last edited by Mindgrinder : 20th November 2012 at 15:45.
Old 20th November 2012, 19:35   #634
BHPian

Got my Nokia Lumia 800 yesterday. Total Price was Rs. 19200/-. Few simple functions seem very complicated. I am yet to explore the phone and will be reaching out to you all for advise.
Old 21st November 2012, 14:34   #635
BHPian

Came to know that the new updated on WP 7.8 shall allow file transfer on Bluetooth

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/...a-smartphones/

Also, it mentions a ringtone maker app fro select markets. Anyone having idea whether India is on the list of one of the select markets? Without these features, I feel like having an iPhone made by Nokia for the time being. Not a deal breaker but I do miss my "Ducktales" ringtone
Old 2nd December 2012, 23:09   #636
Senior - BHPian

That's wolf in Sheep's clothing ;-)

The Windows Phone Thread-screenshot_201212022254231.png

Screenshot from my Galaxy Nexus.. It's a fully functional windows phone launcher for android called Launcher7.

Couple of questions to wp users -

Is 7.8 going to all Lumia devices out there?
Is there a widget concept in wp8?

Last edited by clevermax : 2nd December 2012 at 23:16.
Old 3rd December 2012, 00:27   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Also, it mentions a ringtone maker app fro select markets. Anyone having idea whether India is on the list of one of the select markets? Without these features, I feel like having an iPhone made by Nokia for the time being. Not a deal breaker but I do miss my "Ducktales" ringtone
Making a custom ringtone for Windows phone is not a big deal. Any mp3 file with duration less than 39 seconds and genre as "ringtone" (this can be edited in the tag/properties) can be sync-ed to Windows phone and used as a ringtone. I've been using custom ringtones ever since the Mango update.

For cutting a longer mp3 file to within 39 seconds, there are online sites where you can upload the mp3 and select a portion of it and generate the mp3 file for it.
Old 3rd December 2012, 00:31   #638
BHPian

Inline answers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

Couple of questions to wp users -

Is 7.8 going to all Lumia devices out there? All existing (non-WP8) phones will get 7.8.

Is there a widget concept in wp8? No, these are all Live Tiles. They work similar to widgets concept.
Old 3rd December 2012, 01:25   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Is 7.8 going to all Lumia devices out there? All existing (non-WP8) phones will get 7.8.
All Lumia? yes. All existing WP7 phones? Probably no.

Read somewhere that LG announced it would not be available for LG Optimus phones.

Last edited by zenren : 3rd December 2012 at 01:28.
Old 3rd December 2012, 09:33   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
All Lumia? yes. All existing WP7 phones? Probably no.
Isn't the update directly from Microsoft, rather than from the vendor?
Old 3rd December 2012, 10:03   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Isn't the update directly from Microsoft, rather than from the vendor?
This is my understanding of the update process based on experience with my HTC:

Usually, the updates have a software component and a firmware component. The software component is done by Microsoft and passed on to the manufacturers who test the update against their models. Phone manufacturers develop the firmware updates which could include fixes to the firmware, optimizing the firmware for the software update etc. Post this process, the software and firmware updates are bundled together (not sure who bundles it together - could be microsoft or manufacturer) and pushed to the phones as the announced update.
Old 3rd December 2012, 10:21   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
This is my understanding of the update process based on experience with my HTC:

Usually, the updates have a software component and a firmware component. The software component is done by Microsoft and passed on to the manufacturers who test the update against their models. Phone manufacturers develop the firmware updates which could include fixes to the firmware, optimizing the firmware for the software update etc. Post this process, the software and firmware updates are bundled together (not sure who bundles it together - could be microsoft or manufacturer) and pushed to the phones as the announced update.
As per my understanding the update is coming to all existing 7.5 devices.

You are right, usually the manufacturer/provider (AT&T & other in US or other countries) tests the update for compatibility and based on the results, they decide on releasing to respective device..
However with 7.8, there is no much dependent on the hardware and hence the update can be pushed directly by MS. As of now, I do not have definitive answer for you nor I can point to any blog post, however I have heard, this time MS will push the update themselves; rather than taking provider or manufacturer route.

Lets wait n see what happens in early 2013. Alteast we will know, world has not yet ended

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 3rd December 2012 at 10:22.
Old 3rd December 2012, 10:56   #643
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know when is the Lumia 920 going on sale in India? I have been patiently waiting on a game-changing Nokia with a Windows OS and the 920 is the best that's out there as of today! Also, any news on the pricing when it launches here?
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:47   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Anyone know when is the Lumia 920 going on sale in India? I have been patiently waiting on a game-changing Nokia with a Windows OS and the 920 is the best that's out there as of today! Also, any news on the pricing when it launches here?
According to my source it will be launched around the 2nd week of January. I got tired of waiting and got myself a HTC 8X.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:05   #645
BANNED

Is the HTC 8S available right now in the market? If not, any info on the availability?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks