Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 22:48   #1906
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
hey,
Screen of my beautiful Lumia 720 (cyan) got broke into pieces and Nokia customer care is asking for Rs 7500 for replacement ( Digitizer + LCD ), that is half of phone's prize, even more than that?

Now I know for sure that LCD is fine and only digitizer needs replacement, and is available on ebay for Rs 1800. but I am not able to find a guy who can replace it for me.

Any one went through this situation? Any leads ? Should I try a DIY?
Dont buy the ones on ebay IMO. I did that for my dads nokia C7 where he cracked the digitizer. While nokia care quoted 5k, it was available for as low as 800 on ebay India and around 10$ in Ebay.com.

Both products were ordered and arrived, however the one from Ebay.in wouldnt fit well as it had a metal protrusion that wasnt machined properly compared to the OE screen, and the one from USA worked for a while before it conked out. Finally took the plunge and got it replaced with an original screen.

Though my fathers phone was the older type where the screen and digitizer were separate parts, I am not sure about the Lumia. I guess they have an integrated screen+digitizer which is not so easy to repair compared to the older phones. Still, you can watch some youtube videos to get a hang of it.
Old 7th October 2014, 23:16   #1907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
hey,.

Any one went through this situation? Any leads ? Should I try a DIY?
I have changed my Lumia 520,screen myself and its quite simple. However it still needs some experience and if you have never opened up a phone before then it is definitely a risk to do it yourself. The 520 was quite easy though.

Do have a look at the YouTube videos and then decide.
Old 8th October 2014, 10:39   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Still, you can watch some Youtube videos to get a hang of it.
I got hold of a guy who replaces digitizers of iphones/ipads, I spoke to him and asked him to check for digitizer in local Pune market, he did that and told me that for Lumia 720 digitizer and LCD are glued together, hence cannot replace one and is asking for Rs 6000 to replace both, will check youtube videos. Thanks for the heads up on ebay in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I have changed my Lumia 520,screen myself and its quite simple.
Do have a look at the YouTube videos and then decide.
Excellent, Are you in Pune ? Have never opened a phone before, will check youtube videos, let's see.
Old 12th October 2014, 11:24   #1909
BHPian

Bought the Lumia 730 yesterday from a retail shop. Haven't transferred all the data from my Lumia 520 till now. Used it a bit though. Phone seems to be much faster than the 520. The screen is AMAZING! Both the cameras are great. Overall the phone looks good.
Anyone looking out for a windows phone under 15k, this is the one to buy. Will post detailed experience when i use it more.

Cheers
amansanc

Last edited by amansanc : 12th October 2014 at 11:27.
Old 12th October 2014, 17:07   #1910
BHPian

Re: 8.1 download fails on Lumia 1320?

I am getting the error message 'The update couldn't be downloaded. 801882d2' when try to download 8.1 on wifi for Lumia 1320. What could be the reason? Is there any work around?

Please advise.
Old 12th October 2014, 18:19   #1911
Senior - BHPian

Re: 8.1 download fails on Lumia 1320?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I am getting the error message 'The update couldn't be downloaded. 801882d2' when try to download 8.1 on wifi for Lumia 1320. What could be the reason? Is there any work around?

Please advise.
The Windows Phone Thread-capture.jpg

Looks like your internet connection might be unstable.

Get a more stable and fast Wi-Fi and it appears like the update will install without any problem.
Old 12th October 2014, 19:15   #1912
BHPian

I am having trouble signing into Nokia account from my 720. It gives "Network Error". Tried it several times in vain. Anyone else face the same issue? I searched online and many have reported the issue but could not find a resolution.

EDIT:
Has anyone opened up the 720 yet? I bought Torx #2 screwdriver from ebay but it doesn't seem to be the right one. My camera lens is all scratched up and the photos are all blurred. Want to replace the lens cover with my spare cover (salvaged from my original back cover that I replaced once)

Last edited by bejoy : 12th October 2014 at 19:21.
Old 13th October 2014, 12:35   #1913
BHPian

My previous android phone used Wifi over 3G when both were available there by saving 3G data where as in Lumia I see that if the phone is on 3G it continues to use 3G even if a known wifi is available. I need to manually switch off 3G and connect to Wifi.
Is there a way to set this as a preference and switch over to wifi automatically?
Old 13th October 2014, 15:06   #1914

hi. i have this unusual request, but first, the background. i have a Lumia 720 bought in April 2013, which came with a free 6 month unlimited download subscription. When it expired in Feb 2014, i renewed it for a year, paying 1124. Nokia Music is a massive treasure of 20 million songs, you get songs you wont get anywhere else, and very very cheap. 1124 per annum for unlimited, plus 3g cost only. Now in Sep, i was told by Nokia Care that the download option is going to be stopped, and no renewal subscriptions would be issued. So in a hurry, i started to download all the stuff i wanted, before my sub would expire in Feb 15. In 10 days, i downloaded abt 8000 songs (some 10gb). but sadly, one morning, you couldnt login to nokia account. This, many people have reported. Nokia, when contacted, does not have a fix. The Care Center informs me that Nokia now, will probably not re-enable downloads, Ever ! Which means, my dream of owning the 50-60000 songs of my liking (Indian Film, Classical Indian and Western) will probably not come true. Now the request : Do any of you have a Nokia Phone, with subscription still running, and the download option also still working? If yes, can i exchange my phone with you for a few days, so that i can download the works? Goes without saying of course - the downloaded music is sharable! i will understand if somebody is uncomfortable parting with his phone, but i cant tell you HOW DELIGHTED I WOULD BE IF SOMEONE SAYS YES!! Thanks!!!
Old 13th October 2014, 15:37   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Bought the Lumia 730 yesterday from a retail shop. Haven't transferred all the data from my Lumia 520 till now. Used it a bit though. Phone seems to be much faster than the 520. The screen is AMAZING! Both the cameras are great. Overall the phone looks good.
Anyone looking out for a windows phone under 15k, this is the one to buy. Will post detailed experience when i use it more.

Cheers
amansanc
How much did you get it for? Do post a review soon. :-)
Old 13th October 2014, 15:57   #1916
Senior - BHPian

In the last few pages, I have read at least 3 posts saying that the glass of their Lumias broke. Is it a common phenomenon with most Lumias? Please advice.
Old 13th October 2014, 17:53   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
In the last few pages, I have read at least 3 posts saying that the glass of their Lumias broke. Is it a common phenomenon with most Lumias? Please advice.
Ajay - Not necessary. I got my 720s screen broken too. I dropped it a few times, but the one time i dropped, it struck the ground around the edges where the screen meets the back panel and that is when the screen cracked. I guess it is more or less same for most of the phones
Old 13th October 2014, 18:12   #1918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway_beckons View Post
So in a hurry, i started to download all the stuff i wanted, before my sub would expire in Feb 15. In 10 days, i downloaded abt 8000 songs (some 10gb). but sadly, one morning, you couldnt login to nokia account. This, many people have reported. Nokia, when contacted, does not have a fix. The Care Center informs me that Nokia now, will probably not re-enable downloads, Ever ! Which means, my dream of owning the 50-60000 songs of my liking (Indian Film, Classical Indian and Western) will probably not come true. Now the request : Do any of you have a Nokia Phone, with subscription still running, and the download option also still working? If yes, can i exchange my phone with you for a few days, so that i can download the works? Goes without saying of course - the downloaded music is sharable! i will understand if somebody is uncomfortable parting with his phone, but i cant tell you HOW DELIGHTED I WOULD BE IF SOMEONE SAYS YES!! Thanks!!!
I have three days left in the subscription since I only got it for three months with my 925. Have you tried MixRadio? AFAIK, nokia music no longer exists and the new name is MixRadio. All the accounts under nokia are transferred to this app now. Do try if you havent. BTW apart from a few albums I never downloaded in this or my older phone with which I had got a one year free subscription. The songs are in highly compressed formats and that doesnt suit my ear somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
My previous android phone used Wifi over 3G when both were available there by saving 3G data where as in Lumia I see that if the phone is on 3G it continues to use 3G even if a known wifi is available. I need to manually switch off 3G and connect to Wifi.
Is there a way to set this as a preference and switch over to wifi automatically?
In my phone as soon as I enter home, or within two minutes after I enter home, the mobile data signal is dropped for any browsing, downloads, applications etc however for push notifications it still uses mobile data.
Old 13th October 2014, 19:20   #1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I have three days left in the subscription since I only got it for three months with my 925. Have you tried MixRadio? AFAIK, nokia music no longer exists and the new name is MixRadio. All the accounts under nokia are transferred to this app now. Do try if you havent. BTW apart from a few albums I never downloaded in this or my older phone with which I had got a one year free subscription. The songs are in highly compressed formats and that doesnt suit my ear somehow.
Thanks Audioholic. Its MixRadio i meant, and that gives the msg "Cannot complete operation". Are you able to download ?
Old 13th October 2014, 23:21   #1920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway_beckons View Post
Thanks Audioholic. Its MixRadio i meant, and that gives the msg "Cannot complete operation". Are you able to download ?
Yes I am able to download and I downloaded some classical music and indian fusion which was difficult to find outside in shops. I signed in using my old Nokia Id I got with my Lumia 710 and only the subscription was extended with the new phone and my profile was the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks