Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 23:29   #1201
BHPian

1.5Ton Window AC

OK Friends;

After reading this forum decided to get the Whirlpool Royale 3 star window unit. Surprisingly the 3 star Royale unit is not available anywhere.

What is available is the 2 star deluxe unit.

Now I have options all in the similar price range:

Samsung/LG/O-General/Godrej/Blue star and Whirlpool (all 2 stars and 1.5Ton).

Any straight forward choice from these? I am inclined towards the Whirlpool unit after reading this forum.

-Rohit
Old 26th May 2010, 15:08   #1202
BHPian

Guys I am looking for 2 Ton Split A/C for my Dine-cum-drawing room. Which one is best with lower power consumption, as we are going to use this more.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:16   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Guys I am looking for 2 Ton Split A/C for my Dine-cum-drawing room. Which one is best with lower power consumption, as we are going to use this more.
I would look at Hitachi, Daikin, LG and Samsung. I may add that the commodity size is 1.5TR and not 2TR so the best value is in the common segment. I may also add that the Drawing/Dining area is unlikely to see more than 4-5 hours a day, as against 8+ for the bedroom.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:51   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I would look at Hitachi, Daikin, LG and Samsung. I may add that the commodity size is 1.5TR and not 2TR so the best value is in the common segment. I may also add that the Drawing/Dining area is unlikely to see more than 4-5 hours a day, as against 8+ for the bedroom.
My area is bit big, 30*14*10 so that's why thinking of one 2 ton one.
Old 26th May 2010, 16:00   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
OK Friends;

After reading this forum decided to get the Whirlpool Royale 3 star window unit. Surprisingly the 3 star Royale unit is not available anywhere.

What is available is the 2 star deluxe unit.

Now I have options all in the similar price range:

Samsung/LG/O-General/Godrej/Blue star and Whirlpool (all 2 stars and 1.5Ton).

Any straight forward choice from these? I am inclined towards the Whirlpool unit after reading this forum.

-Rohit
General followed by Whirlpool

Quote:
You can get an idea from
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1899515-post1183.html

EDIT @sam003

from the data that you have just posted you will need a 3.5 ton machine. Hitachi has Atom XL in that capacity. This rating however would require a 3 phase connection.

Alternatively you could consider the ASG30A from General. Though much lower than what you require it is one of the largest if not the largest capacity available to run on a single phase connection OR you could use two 2 ton units in the same room one near the sitting area and other near the dining. Use individually to get relief in immediate vicinity and in tandem for the entire room per your requirement.

Last edited by khoj : 26th May 2010 at 16:14.
Old 26th May 2010, 17:01   #1206
BHPian

Thanks Khoj, We already have 3 phase connection. ASG30A how much capacity does this model has.
Old 26th May 2010, 17:44   #1207
Senior - BHPian

ASG30A is a 2 and a half ton machine.

and BTW Sam! how are you in hottest of hot Delhi summer.
Old 26th May 2010, 18:26   #1208
BHPian

Problem with Air-conditioner's compressor?

I have a Hitachi 1.5 ton Quadricool 1.5 ton window ac. I am facing a problem with its operation for last 2 - 3 days. While working normally and cooling (with compressor running, as indicated by the compressor light), the ac suddenly stops cooling and the compressor switches off (indicated by 'no sound' of compressor running). However, the compressor light remains on. On switching off and on the ac, the compressor light continues to remain on but actually the compressor does not run 9indicated by sound) and there is no cooling. After shutting down the ac for 5 - 10 minutes and switching on again, the ac starts working normally. People who were there in the room when the problem occurred for the first time said that a "whoooosh" sound had come from the ac, like gas leaking.

What could be the problem? Apparently, there is no problem in the compressor per se or the amount of gas as it resumes functioning after some time.

Any pointers as to what could have gone wrong.

Thanks.

-Navneet
Old 26th May 2010, 21:47   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
Any pointers as to what could have gone wrong.
I suspect it is thermal cutout taking place - the compressor's internal protection system, which is 'auto re-set'!
Old 26th May 2010, 22:16   #1210
BHPian

Hi,
As discussed earlier,I had bought the 2 ton O General split ac,model no.ASG24A.
Got delivery of the AC.I have a concern though,the IDU reads ASG24ABC-W and the ODU reads AOGR24AAT. I tried googling but can't find the above models.Can anyone help me plz.Khoj are you aware of this model.Reply soon,coz tommorow he is coming for installation
Old 26th May 2010, 22:42   #1211
BHPian

inder
i also got the same model 10 days back. the manual states that the indoor unit is compatible with as many as 7 types of out door unit.i also tried googling but no results.
this machine chills you in no time-my room is around 275 sq feet and it hardly takes 10 min to cool.i initially had trouble with the stabilizer,noe the problem seems to be sorted out.
enjoy the a/c.
Old 26th May 2010, 22:52   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I suspect it is thermal cutout taking place - the compressor's internal protection system, which is 'auto re-set'!
Then what is the way out? What needs to be repaired / replaced? Is it a minor problem? Need your help, guys.

-Navneet
Old 27th May 2010, 00:28   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
inder
i also got the same model 10 days back. the manual states that the indoor unit is compatible with as many as 7 types of out door unit.i also tried googling but no results.
this machine chills you in no time-my room is around 275 sq feet and it hardly takes 10 min to cool.i initially had trouble with the stabilizer,noe the problem seems to be sorted out.
enjoy the a/c.
So the Vgurad people replaced the faulty transformer or is their another angle to the story.

@inder

Trust drbabuanand has put your fears to rest. If you still have issues do post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
I have a Hitachi 1.5 ton Quadricool 1.5 ton window ac.

After shutting down the ac for 5 - 10 minutes and switching on again, the ac starts working normally. People who were there in the room when the problem occurred for the first time said that a "whoooosh" sound had come from the ac, like gas leaking.
Seems to be a back pressure problem like the one another member had a few posts back. Wonder what the whooosh is though?

Is the unit a plain Quadra or the TM model.

What is behind the aircon and around the sides how much gap do you have from a solid wall. Is the aircon discharging the hot air into an enclosed area.

Quote:
Thanks Khoj, We already have 3 phase connection. ASG30A how much capacity does this model has.
You have 3 phase, 5 wire, wiring in your house!! See below.
Attached Images

Last edited by khoj : 27th May 2010 at 00:30.
Old 27th May 2010, 06:51   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

Seems to be a back pressure problem like the one another member had a few posts back. Wonder what the whooosh is though?

Is the unit a plain Quadra or the TM model.

What is behind the aircon and around the sides how much gap do you have from a solid wall. Is the aircon discharging the hot air into an enclosed area.
Khoj,

Thanks for your time.

The unit is plain Quadra. It is NOT TM model.

The area behind the aircon is totally open. There is no obstruction behind the ac and it is not discharging hot air into an enclosed area.

Around 7-8ish the previous evening, the problem occurred twice, but got reset after switching off the ac for 15-20 min and switching on again. Thereafter the ac worked like a charm the whole night. No problem at all.

-Navneet
Old 27th May 2010, 08:45   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
inder
enjoy the a/c.
Hi dr,I am a bit relieved from your experience.Is the manual inside the carton?Coz I want to know the specifications like BTU,power consumption,EER etc,before installing.
How much did you get the AC for,if you dont mind sharing.
This one seems to be imported from thailand.Did you get any kind of warranty.I dont have stabilizer in any of my ac's at home.Is it ok??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks