Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2024, 12:55   #7666
Senior - BHPian

Re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano45 View Post
Hi ........................
1. Looks like many people had bought Panasonic and LG ACs recently.
I had one question for those who bought LG and Panasonic a couple of years back
Q. Is it true that companies like LG, Panasonic, Samsung fails to maintain the same cooling performance after 3 years of usage? Also, do they fail miserably when temperature raises to 45-46 degrees C in summers?

2.What's your opinion about Voltas? I haven't seen any suggestions to go for Voltas AC. 1 out of 2 ACs in my Brother-in-law village is Voltas. He also bought two 1.5ton 3-star inverter Acs in 2021 and he keeps insisting me to purchase the same.

So, if first question is just a myth, which brand should I consider between those two? or should I go with Voltas.

Note: My hometown is very rural area and the nearby town is 70kms away. The power quality is absurd, the voltage ranges from 250 volts to ceiling fans stops rotating. So, The company should have good service backup if any problem arises.
1. Any AC will degrade cooling with time as the Heat Exchanger gets clogged with dust. So you have to clean the IDU and ODU heat exchangers (radiator, Fins) regularly. I get my BR LG cleaned every two to three months and you have to see it believe the amount of muck that comes out. The water is black.

Delhi is facing 40+ regularly for nearly a month. If your AC is sized properly these temperatures are nothing for the AC. To give you and example, for nearly 20 years we had 1.5T AC in our BR. Come peak summer and the room would not cool enough in the day time. Last year we changed the AC from 1.5T to 2T. Lo and behold the 44+ temperatures are taken care of.

So if you undersize the AC (for peak heat load), it may be fine below 40 degrees, but would fall short when it is 40+.

2. All AC's require sustained and prompt maintenance. So an AC is as good as the maintenance backup. LG has one of the best maintenance teams (at least in Delhi) and their parts cost (out side warranty period) are the lowest. In contrast my experience with Daikin and Hitachi has be diametrically opposite. The service sucks and parts are at least two to three times that of LG/Samsung.

3. In good old days of reciprocating compressors, Voltas had the best AC and service. Now a days with rotary compressors and inverter (DC) technology Voltas has lagged behing the Korean/Japanese brands. It has plans to start manufacturing compressors in India with foreign colaboration.

https://www.projectstoday.com/News/V...ssors-in-India
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 12:36   #7667
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I need to buy a 2 Ton AC today itself.

The AC will be used approximately 3 hours daily.

These are the models I have shortlisted based on suggestions given on this thread.:

LG 2 Ton 3 Star (Actual 1.8 Ton, 6300w) TS-Q24ENXE - Rs.49000

Mitusbishi Electric 1.9 Ton 4 Star (6600w) MSY-GN22VF - Rs.62000

Mitusbishi Electric 1.9 Ton 4 Star (6600w) MSY-GR22VF - Rs.64000

* Mitsubishi AC are made in Thailand and comes without standard pipes, etc.
* LG AC prices are online price and Mitsubishi AC prices are from a dealer.

Please suggest which one should I go for.
Old 13th June 2024, 09:30   #7668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

These are the models I have shortlisted based on suggestions given on this thread.:

Go to the nearest LG shop and negotiate the price. They have a lot of schemes for discounts using credit cards.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 11:17   #7669
Senior - BHPian

If price isnt the matter, go for mitsubishi. Its the rolls Royce among ACs. Happy customer for over 7 years now!
Quote:
Sebring is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 13:31   #7670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Go for Mitsubishi with your eyes closed. Product is far superior and will provide reliable service for years. Mitsubishi and General are class apart, well worth the premium over LG, Voltas and Co.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 08:37   #7671

Quote:

Mitsubishi Electric would be my preferred choice, as I have 8 of them at my place in Greater Noida. MSY- GN22VF in particular cools the master bedroom of 200+ sqft with one west facing wall, and the cooling is beyond compare. If you run the AC on higher fan speeds, then go for GN, but if you’re like me who prefers whisper quiet operation- go for GR, as the indoor units are bigger and the lowest fan speed out of 5 serves me well in all other bedrooms.
Having owned Generals and imported Daikins all over the last 2 decades, I can vouch for the quality of Mitsubishi Electric in particular. Recently replaced my last General ASGA18FTTA of 9 years with a GRT 1.5 ton, and I have no complaints whatsoever. Feel free to ask more.

Also, do note- not everyone in India, including dealers know that Mitsubishi acs have EASY CLEAN technology wherein the left right swings can be pulled out to clean the fan blower as a DIY. I do it for all my GRs and GRTs plus the GKs
( remember it’s there only on bigger indoor units). It’s a plus, given how dirty the fan blower gets within just 2 months in the run of 9 months that I use them.

Last edited by Ks2790 : 17th June 2024 at 09:05.
Ks2790 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks