Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2024, 15:13   #7501
BHPian

Re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
The ResQ guys insist that 1.5 sq.mm is enough and nothing will happen. Won't the power cable get hot and damage the indoor unit if something goes wrong? Does anyone know the solution because I'm yet to operate the AC.
These ResQ guys I was totally unsatisfied with their installation, they try to add unwanted costs on top (tape,white cement etc)and charge 2X the amount for the materials compared to outside

I wonder what the 1.2k+ cost for installation they already charge included. On enquiring outside everything inclusive was coming to less that 1.8k

Last edited by SideView : 19th March 2024 at 15:14.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 15:43   #7502
BHPian

ResQ is the absolute worst service provider and all their guys are total buffoons. You need to be really firm in saying NO, otherwise they will swindle you!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 16:11   #7503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm worried that the 1.5 sq.mm wire that has to power both the indoor and outdoor units is not enough since the company has provided 2.5 sq.mm to power the outdoor unit alone. Also, the place where I stay gets very hot in summers around 34°-39°C and the AC might be used for 7-10 hours continuously. The ResQ guys insist that 1.5 sq.mm is enough and nothing will happen..
You should change the 1.5sq mm wire to 2.5sq mm ASAP
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 18:14   #7504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
These ResQ guys I was totally unsatisfied with their installation, they try to add unwanted costs on top (tape,white cement etc)and charge 2X the amount for the materials compared to outside

I wonder what the 1.2k+ cost for installation they already charge included. On enquiring outside everything inclusive was coming to less that 1.8k
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
ResQ is the absolute worst service provider and all their guys are total buffoons. You need to be really firm in saying NO, otherwise they will swindle you!
This is quite true in my experience as well. However, I was firm on things so didn't get swindled and only paid for what was needed. That 1.2k flat rate of installation is such a hogwash.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 20:09   #7505
BHPian

All guys buying the new inverter ACs, do you need an external stablizer? The manufacturers claim they have 2 stage and 3 stage protection. However, the retails keep insisting on it telling the PCD can get fried in case of a surge.

Also, I have been hearing from retailers that there are some "online only" models which are cheap and they are of inferior quality compared to the models available in the stores. The store models cost the same online as well when I randomly compared some models. How true is this?

Last edited by m8002? : 19th March 2024 at 20:15.
m8002? is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 21:27   #7506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
How true is this?
My Wirlpool inverter ac has a voltage range of 140 to 280 volts, but the installation people insisted it is safer to have a stabilizer. So I simply told them to connect my outgoing Ac's stabilizer to it. But the problem is, it's operating range is 170 - 270 volts which is less than that of the Ac. But it does add an additional layer of protection. Recently the stabilizer stopped working and I bought another one of the same spec for Rs 1850 at a shop. This is called a "single boost" stabilizer. My area always gets a 250+ volts supply, so it is not an issue for me.

If I want a stabilizer which can match the voltage range of my Ac, it is called a "triple boost" stabilizer and the cost goes up to about 5k.
Old 19th March 2024, 21:39   #7507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The ResQ guys who did the installation put a 3 core 1.5 sq.mm cable to connect the indoor unit to power supply. I'm worried that the 1.5 sq.mm wire that has to power both the indoor and outdoor units is not enough since the company has provided 2.5 sq.mm to power the outdoor unit alone.
In my mother country, 1.5 sq mm is the standard for lighting and low power devices. Not stuff that runs at multiple kW.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 12:09   #7508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I have been hearing from retailers that there are some "online only" models which are cheap and they are of inferior quality compared to the models available in the stores. The store models cost the same online as well when I randomly compared some models. How true is this?
"Online only" is an eyewash; easiest solution for brands to pass off lemons to unsuspecting consumers. In case of discrepancy, I have personally heard a lot of horror stories in the family of products purchased online being of absolutely inferior quality as compared to similar models purchased offline. Even the star rating on online models has been found to be manipulated. IMHO, purchasing high-value electronics online is a strict no-no; I prefer to visit the retailer myself and choose the specific model; atleast in case of any issue with the product, you can hold the retailer responsible, instead of running behind faceless/automated customer care of online platforms.
IamNikhil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 12:12   #7509
BHPian

Quote:
I have purchased a 2.2 Ton Panasonic Split Inverter AC , input power of 2200W and running current of 10.6A as per brochure.The ResQ guys who did the installation put a 3 core 1.5 sq.mm cable to connect the indoor unit to power supply.
Panasonic installation guys have the nasty habit of selling power cables and binding tapes at exorbitant rates.

A typical copper 3 core cable of 1.5 sq.mm can carry about 14 A continuously at 30 degree C. So if the connecting cable from the AC to the mains supply point is less than 2 meter, you need not do anything as the running current is within its rated capacity - considering the fact that it is an Inverter ac.

Fixed speed ACs use compressors that have high starting current several times that of running current and in that case this cable will NEED to be changed now.

But if your supplied cable is not from a reputed brand, then it is better to change the cable. Get the Panasonic technician to change the cable after you buy the cable yourself.
Prowler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 16:59   #7510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Panasonic installation guys have the nasty habit of selling power cables and binding tapes at exorbitant rates.

A typical copper 3 core cable of 1.5 sq.mm can carry about 14 A continuously at 30 degree C. So if the connecting cable from the AC to the mains supply point is less than 2 meter, you need not do anything as the running current is within its rated capacity - considering the fact that it is an Inverter ac.
The installation was done by ResQ guys not Panasonic. The cable length is 2 metres for which they charged me ₹210 and ₹280 for the tape. Today, I found out that these guys have damaged a few fins on the outdoor unit when I looked at its backside! Pathetic service! As forum members Sagarpadaki and Thad E Ginathom have pointed out, it's better to put 2.5 sq.mm to be on the safer side. I don't understand why Panasonic didn't provide a few hundreds worth power cable for a ₹67K AC!
CarNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 17:23   #7511
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As forum members Sagarpadaki and Thad E Ginathom have pointed out, it's better to put 2.5 sq.mm to be on the safer side.
I defer to Prowler, Aroy and co on technical matters: they know far better than I do.

However, it is a short run. I'd go for the heavier cable anyway.

It just popped into my head to suggest checking that the earth has been connected!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 18:28   #7512
BHPian

Guys , facing some issue (recurring) with my Daikin INVERTER A/C.

So , I got this 1.5 T Daikin Inverter A/C somewhere in Jan 2020 and has been working fine since then. However, somewhere in July – Aug 2023 it started showing signs of low / poor cooling coupled with a lot of noise. Noise - as if the fan speed is set to FULL , whereas in reality I set the fan speed at either 2 or 3. The noise too was irregular in nature.

Slowly the cooling started dropping and I could notice that the compressor wouldn’t even start. It was just the fan that was blowing the air.

I raised a complaint with the Daikin service and they checked and informed that the PCB is at fault which costs a whopping 9k INR !!
They also mentioned that this is a known problem with all the inverter AC’s and there’s no fix apart from replacing the PCB – both of the outdoor + indoor.

I checked with my local AC technician , and he suggested to give a shot at repairing the PCB. He did take couple of days for the same and managed to repair it for 3.5K INR. While at it , I also got the AC thoroughly cleaned.

The cooling returned albeit not like before , but still better. The compressor was now working and the noise has disappeared too.

All this worked fine for 3 -4 months and today it seems like the problem is showing it ugly head again.

It has started with the same noise and cooling is not optimum anymore.

Can someone suggest what can I do here?
Old 20th March 2024, 19:33   #7513
BHPian

^Doesn't Daikin have a 5 year warranty on PCB. Also do you have a stabilizer.

Are you sure its the PCB and not poor installation. Is the system vacummed and with factory recommended quantity of R32 gas.

Last edited by DIY410 : 20th March 2024 at 19:35.
Old 20th March 2024, 20:17   #7514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
^Doesn't Daikin have a 5 year warranty on PCB. Also do you have a stabilizer.

Are you sure its the PCB and not poor installation. Is the system vacummed and with factory recommended quantity of R32 gas.
There is no warranty on the PCB / Electronic components. Yes , there’s a stabilizer.

The 5 years warranty is on the Compressor.

I have been getting it cleaned / serviced every 6 months.

Also , the area where the outdoor unit is , is well ventilated.
Old 20th March 2024, 21:03   #7515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
There is no warranty on the PCB / Electronic components. Yes , there’s a stabilizer.

The 5 years warranty is on the Compressor.

I have been getting it cleaned / serviced every 6 months.

Also , the area where the outdoor unit is , is well ventilated.
Nope, you do get 5 years warranty for inverter split pcb for units bought after September 2020.
https://www.daikinindia.com/products...oduct-warranty

It doesn't matter how many times you clean them or if its in a ventilated area. If it wasn't installed as per user manual during installation, you will have lot of problems.

Last edited by DIY410 : 20th March 2024 at 21:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks