Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2024, 18:11   #7486
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
But now the stabilizer needs to be replaced and when I search online it throws up "stabilizer for 1.5 ton ac" and also "stabilizer for 1.5 ton inverter ac". Hence the query.
I too was checking the same one or two years back, didn't find any technical differences. I feel its just a marketing gimmick, something similar to the separate stabilizers which were present for LEDs and that for LCD TV.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 21:57   #7487
BHPian

What is the standard rate for core cutting in bangalore?
Is Rs 2500 reasonable? (I feel it is on the higher side)
Old 15th March 2024, 22:47   #7488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I can vouch for ME A/C. This is my 9th year of using this A/C and absolutely no issues so far. Even my usage is almost similar to yours. Last year, I had asked the technician to check the refrigerant levels. He checked and told me that I need not have to worry about it ever. The performance of the A/C has been top notch. The room turns cool within 10 minutes of turning it on (at 26 C) with ceiling fan turned on. I switch off the A/C after one/two hour(s) just before I go to bed and it remains relatively cool till the morning.
Only thing that I did not like is their remote control unit. You can hardly operate it when it is dark. I have resolved this issue by using a mobile app.
What's your service experience been like ? I was told all the Jap Daikin/Mitsubishi/General are a pain to service. The good thing is they're built well so hardly anything fails, but if it does there's no guessing how much time it'll take to get fixed.

The only reason I'm not going back to General despite the reliability is the service. The spindle motor took 1 month to replace (after escalation) and now its been more than a week since I called them but no one has showed up so far. I somehow managed to find a few technicians who are honest and have adequate expertise with these machines.
Old 15th March 2024, 23:01   #7489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
What's your service experience been like ?.
I never had to call up a service person since I brought those two ACs. So, I do not know how good their service is.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 23:46   #7490
Distinguished - BHPian

Our Mitsubishi Electric AC required a new ID fan motor. Not it's fault: they must have got water in it when doing a pressure wash and it had started to squeal. It forget how long it took to get the park, but it was two or three weeks or more. But they did get it.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 10:47   #7491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
What is the standard rate for core cutting in bangalore?
Is Rs 2500 reasonable? (I feel it is on the higher side)
Depends on the core depth and diameter and what you want the core for. If it is for testing the concrete then the cost seems to be reasonable.

If you just want to drill a large diameter hole in the wall then buying a core drill bit of 70 to 100mm is cheaper.

https://www.amazon.in/s?k=core+cutti...s_ts-doa-p_2_9
Old 17th March 2024, 12:52   #7492
BHPian

Does anyone have experience with globalassure for extended warranty coverage for Mitsubishi airconditioner?

I am looking to replace my current general split a/c with Mitsubishi but am concerned with the frequent breakdown, gas leakage etc. so looking for options to cover all issues for upto 5 years including a/c unit and gas refill etc.

Any suggestions please.
Old 17th March 2024, 14:22   #7493

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I never had to call up a service person since I brought those two ACs. So, I do not know how good their service is.
How do you get it serviced (cleaned) every year then? Urban Company or local technicians?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th March 2024 at 15:14. Reason: Typo fixed.
Old 17th March 2024, 22:39   #7494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
Voltas has excellent service and I am extremely satisfied with their ACs.

Hi, I am in the market looking to buy a 1.5 ton ac to replace the faulty general unit myself and will appreciate if you could share a few insights and your experience with Voltas ac performance and service if availed yet.

Did you opt for extended warranty directly through Voltas or a third party?
If yes, what are the charges per annum, or for 4 years extended warranty?
Does it cover everything including gas, cooling coil replacement if needed and technician visits for preventive or corrective maintenance.

FYI - The Voltas site lists "Coil" as excluded so not sure if they man cooling coil for ac or something else.

All parts are covered except sheet metal & plastic parts, coil , remote, tap , hip Liners, rubber, gasket, refrigerator doors, microwave cavity doors, glass turn table, washing machines lid, covers, front door, cabinet of all products, consumables which will be repaired / replaced on chargeable basis
Old 17th March 2024, 23:09   #7495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTOR-MIKE View Post
How do you get it serviced (cleaned) every year then? Urban Company or local technicians?
I just take out the filters (which is very easy to do it), clean it with running water and then put it back. I have not got done any other servicing so far.
Old 18th March 2024, 21:10   #7496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
if you could share a few insights and your experience with Voltas ac performance and service if availed yet.

Did you opt for extended warranty directly through Voltas or a third party?
If yes, what are the charges per annum, or for 4 years extended warranty?
Does it cover everything including gas, cooling coil replacement if needed and technician visits for preventive or corrective maintenance.
I have 3 Voltas inverter units 2x 1 ton and 1x 1.5 ton for the last 6 years in Chennai. The extended warranty set up is as below 6 years ago. Things may have changed now.

1. Standard warranty is 1 year. Extended warranty is 4 years. Unit should be offline purchase and installed by Voltas.
2. You need to register the product when customer care calls you within 15 days of purchase. They will create a file with details and give reference number. No other way to confirm whether you are covered or not.
3. To keep it intact, 2 maintanance service per year is mandatory. You need to book it. Each costs 500+GST. If you forget, EW lapses. But they will send reminder message promptly. Always the service person comes next day itself once booked.
4. Maintenance service is just dry cleaning of filter and flaps. No ODU cleaning. So Voltas gets recurring revenue of 1000 per year. No wonder they come immediately for maintenance service. I never wet clean the unit.
5. All parts and labour including gas recharge is covered in EW. Only plastic parts and drain pipes are excluded
6. No option to renew or AMC with Voltas after 5 years.

Performance: All the units are working fine till now except two instances. One 1 ton ODU board failed due to lighting surge within 6 months of purchase. But since the first free service was carried out on that very day, they replaced it FOC. However, I believe it has issue in temp sensing as it keeps the room a bit cooler than normal. But as per Voltas, it is working fine. Never had time to run a debug.

A month ago, the very same unit got into trouble again - It starts but gets shut down in 30 seconds. A local technician changed the starting part and it was working fine. It costed 1800 including labour. In essence, since 6 years spent only 1800 as breakdown maintenance which is quite good. Touch wood, hope it remains the same.
thanixravindran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 11:26   #7497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
I have 3 Voltas inverter units 2x 1 ton and 1x 1.5 ton for the last 6 years in Chennai. The extended warranty set up is as below 6 years ago. Things may have changed now.

1. Standard warranty is 1 year. Extended warranty is 4 years. Unit should be offline purchase and installed by Voltas.
2. You need to register the product when customer care calls you within 15 days of purchase. They will create a file with details and give reference number. No other way to confirm whether you are covered or not.
3. To keep it intact, 2 maintanance service per year is mandatory. You need to book it. Each costs 500+GST. If you forget, EW lapses. But they will send reminder message promptly. Always the service person comes next day itself once booked.
4. Maintenance service is just dry cleaning of filter and flaps. No ODU cleaning. So Voltas gets recurring revenue of 1000 per year. No wonder they come immediately for maintenance service. I never wet clean the unit.
5. All parts and labour including gas recharge is covered in EW. Only plastic parts and drain pipes are excluded
6. No option to renew or AMC with Voltas after 5 years.

I find the LG Extended Warranty much better.

3. Two free services per year are included in the warranty.
4. All types of cleaning is included. In fact one of my AC requires wet cleaning 3 times year and that is done free.
6. Option to extend the warranty beyond 5 years.

So in effect what you get with LG is all services, all parts including gas is free (excepting some plastic parts). On the downside the extended warranty is around 10K, no idea how much Voltas charges.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 11:49   #7498
Senior - BHPian

Got Panasonic 1.5 Ton inverter split AC for my bedroom.
This replaces the Carrier split AC which serviced us for 7 years and lately was giving issues with AC leaks and change of coil was needed. Around 10k was estimate so we thought better to change it. Sold it for 4500.

Did lots of research before getting this. Really wanted to get the Mitsubishi but it was costing around 18-20k more which didn't made sense for me.
Bought from newly opened Reliance digital nearby. Experience was quite good.
The selling price was 47k.
Installation is 1200+gst.
Got it for 42300 including the standard 1200 installation price in it.
Still had to pay 1300 extra to installation guys. 2 feet extra copper pipe plus couple of other things extra. So, overall cost was - 43600.

Used it for couple of hours yesterday.

Pros-
At 24 temperature setting it chills the room quickly. I didn't buy from our trusted Vijay sales as they didn't had the Wi-Fi model and I specifically wanted that. Leaving the model in screenshot which I got. It's a 2024 model. Online many people are getting 2023 model even when it's mentioned 2024 model so do check if buying online.

MirAIe app of Panasonic is simply superb. Connected with wifi and now I access everything from phone. I am using it at Auto so AI can adjust all settings itself according to room temperature.

Only con I have found is blower speed when on High speed makes some noise. I leave it on Auto and that's quiet for my liking.

Overall early days but I am quite happy with the purchase so far.

I forgot to ask Panasonic guys how many free services we get in first year. Any idea?
Attached Thumbnails
The home / office air-conditioner thread-img_1680.png  

harry10 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 12:53   #7499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I find the LG Extended Warranty much better.

3. Two free services per year are included in the warranty.
4. All types of cleaning is included. In fact one of my AC requires wet cleaning 3 times year and that is done free.
6. Option to extend the warranty beyond 5 years.

So in effect what you get with LG is all services, all parts including gas is free (excepting some plastic parts). On the downside the extended warranty is around 10K, no idea how much Voltas charges.
Yes. I remember your posts. Is this still available? My parents got 2 LG inverter ACs to replace their 18 year old Carrier and 15 year old Samsung Fixed speed AC (Both of them still working) from an offline retailer last month. Retailer told now LG has 5 year PCB warranty as standard and no EW is needed. I was traveling and hence didn't checked online or probed further. Is there any option to take now with LG?

Samsung is offering the same EW + AMC plan like you mentioned for around 8K to 9K in Chennai (windfree models).

Edit: Voltas charges around 1.5K for wet cleaning which they take IDU, wash it in their center and bring back. So they get just 4000 for four years as EW cost which covers all warranty parts and labour. LG gives these additional options and hence it is 10K, I guess.

Last edited by thanixravindran : 19th March 2024 at 12:56.
Old 19th March 2024, 13:27   #7500
BHPian

I have purchased a 2.2 Ton Panasonic Split Inverter AC from Reliance Digital that has a cooling capacity of 7850W, input power of 2200W and running current of 10.6A as per brochure. The package came with a 4 core 2.5 sq.mm cable for connecting the indoor unit to the outdoor unit but there was no cable to connect the indoor unit to power supply. The ResQ guys who did the installation put a 3 core 1.5 sq.mm cable to connect the indoor unit to power supply. I'm worried that the 1.5 sq.mm wire that has to power both the indoor and outdoor units is not enough since the company has provided 2.5 sq.mm to power the outdoor unit alone. Also, the place where I stay gets very hot in summers around 34°-39°C and the AC might be used for 7-10 hours continuously. The ResQ guys insist that 1.5 sq.mm is enough and nothing will happen. Won't the power cable get hot and damage the indoor unit if something goes wrong? Does anyone know the solution because I'm yet to operate the AC.

Last edited by CarNerd : 19th March 2024 at 13:32.
CarNerd is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks