Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2023, 15:57   #7336
BHPian

Re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Bought 2 Panasonic 1.5T AC's on Jan 1 2023 and got them installed around 16th of Jan 2023. On the day of installation found a sensor missing in one of the outdoor unit of AC1 (as confirmed by the technician) and it was switching off automatically after 10 - 15 mins of running. Tweeted to Panasonic India and within a week since I did not agree for repairing of the unit the outdoor unit was replaced.

But after getting wifi tried connecting to panasonic's app from AC2 and it had a sensor missing/malfunction in the indoor unit. Again after repeated follow ups got the indoor unit replaced for AC2. So much for QC & Japanese standards.

But for the past 2 weeks everyday as soon as I switch on the power button of my AC1 my main MCB trips and I manually turn it back on. But after that the AC works without any glitch. My home has single phase and 2 Ac's in total. I am tired of calling Panasonic local team. What could be the issue?
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 16:07   #7337
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Bought 2 Panasonic 1.5T AC's on Jan 1 2023 and got them installed around 16th of Jan 2023. On the day of installation found a sensor missing in one of the outdoor unit of AC1 (as confirmed by the technician) and it was switching off automatically after 10 - 15 mins of running. Tweeted to Panasonic India and within a week since I did not agree for repairing of the unit the outdoor unit was replaced.

But after getting wifi tried connecting to panasonic's app from AC2 and it had a sensor missing/malfunction in the indoor unit. Again after repeated follow ups got the indoor unit replaced for AC2. So much for QC & Japanese standards.

But for the past 2 weeks everyday as soon as I switch on the power button of my AC1 my main MCB trips and I manually turn it back on. But after that the AC works without any glitch. My home has single phase and 2 Ac's in total. I am tired of calling Panasonic local team. What could be the issue?
Is the MCB a "C" curve or "B" curve. The C rated ones will not trip for the brief surge in power when the AC is switched On. Where as a "B" rated ones will cause false trips. Also make sure the Amp rating of the MCB is 10A or see what the panasonic user manual list the rating of the MCB .

It could also be caused by poor condition of the MCB life.

Last edited by aim120 : 22nd April 2023 at 16:09.
aim120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 16:30   #7338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post

It could also be caused by poor condition of the MCB life.
They are brand new MCB's as it a new house and in fact I have already changed the MCB suspecting it to be faulty but the other AC works flawlessly with the same design MCB but I will check whether it's C or B curve today.
Old 22nd April 2023, 20:03   #7339
BHPian

It seems that most split installation guys skip vacuuming the copper tubes, which is essential in ensuring effective cooling. How to ensure that? Once the unit is installed then it can no longer be done.
Old 23rd April 2023, 12:38   #7340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Inverter AC's have a "soft start", that is the current slowly ramps up. In contrast non inverter AC's have a huge starting current, 3 to 4 times the running current (20A vs 7A). Though the starting surge is momentary (a few seconds at the most) it is there.

In your case the compressor of AC1 is drawing an abnormal current while starting. That points to some malfunction in either the compressor or the starting electronics. I would advise you to promptly contact the service personell. Let them check the starting current of both AC1 and AC2 and explain why one is drawing abnormal current. You should insist on a replacement as the huge starting current will persist and may grow resulting in a blown compresor at a later stage.
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 16:56   #7341

Hello everyone ! Can someone help me find a good Aircon unit for the apartment preferably under 30,000 Rs with smart functions. (The smart function is not necessary)
Old 24th April 2023, 22:53   #7342
BHPian

Hi all, am doing the copper piping installation for my apartment. However am yet to finalise on the ac model.
As per my analysis the 2 ton hitachi ACs use 5/8 inches copper pipe, whereas the daikin ones use 1/2 inch copper pipe for the gas side.
Can a bigger size pipe of 5/8inch be used for an ac rated for copper pipe 1/2 inch?
Have the same dilemma for the 1 ton ones as well,between 3/8 and 1/2.
Old 25th April 2023, 02:47   #7343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Can a bigger size pipe of 5/8inch be used for an ac rated for copper pipe 1/2 inch?
No.

The pipe diameter size won't match for the indoor and outdoor unit.
It is best you visit the dealer and ask them about the diameter size for the specific units you are buying. They could probably pry open the box and give you the exact diameter reading.

Also; you'll end up wasting the copper pipe you are pre installing as the unit comes with copper pipe in the box. Might as well make use of that.
Old 25th April 2023, 06:45   #7344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
No.

The pipe diameter size won't match for the indoor and outdoor unit.
It is best you visit the dealer and ask them about the diameter size for the specific units you are buying. They could probably pry open the box and give you the exact diameter reading.

Also; you'll end up wasting the copper pipe you are pre installing as the unit comes with copper pipe in the box. Might as well make use of that.
Thanks.

I need to pre install the copper pipe since the apartment is still under construction and the wall panelling and false ceilings needs to be built around the copper pipe.
I am aware that the ac units come with 3m copper wire, but i will need more than that as the ODU for all units have to be placed at a designated ac ledge given by the builder and wires pulled from there. Will check for a buyback option with the copper pipe vendor.

Since this is a one time installation my query is to understand if a bigger diameter pipe(5/8) can be used for an ac whose technical specification says 1/2.
This is much like using a R15 tyre in a factory spec R14.
Old 25th April 2023, 15:32   #7345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Is the MCB a "C" curve or "B" curve.
It is indeed a C curve MCB with C32 marking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Inverter AC's have a "soft start", that is the current slowly ramps up. In contrast non inverter AC's have a huge starting current, 3 to 4 times the running current (20A vs 7A). Though the starting surge is momentary (a few seconds at the most) it is there.
It is an inverter AC and the peculiar thing is if you switch on the AC really fast just like my daughter the main MCB does not trip but for me it trips maybe cos I drive safe and hence a bit slow too.
Old 25th April 2023, 16:14   #7346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It is an inverter AC and the peculiar thing is if you switch on the AC really fast just like my daughter the main MCB does not trip but for me it trips maybe cos I drive safe and hence a bit slow too.
Maybe the issue is with the MCB and not the AC?
Old 25th April 2023, 16:38   #7347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Maybe the issue is with the MCB and not the AC?
If that's the case it's supposed to trip when AC2 is switched on right? But that's not the case. The AC2 works flawlessly after the indoor unit was replaced for a faulty WiFi module.
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 20:56   #7348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Since this is a one time installation my query is to understand if a bigger diameter pipe(5/8) can be used for an ac whose technical specification says 1/2.
It is okay to use a larger diameter pipe. The problem will be to connect it to the pipes on the AC . The coupling unions will have to be fitted with an adaptor to convert them to the correct size.

Last edited by anupmathur : 25th April 2023 at 20:57.
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 10:54   #7349
BHPian

hi team,

please share with me the email addresses of the highest level executives of flipkart/panasonic. need to share my Air conditioner purchase/delivery/installation grievances with them , hoping they will be able to provide solution. will be grateful.

thank you.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 26th April 2023 at 10:59.
Old 26th April 2023, 11:30   #7350
BHPian

Finally, after almost 20 days of struggle (and of immense help from the community here), LG woke up and sent an engineer to correct this. Turned out that the installation guy had extended the copper wire and there was a leak there. The new guys who came tested it with soap water, fixed it and showed it to me again. Took maybe just under 1 hour!

All of this happened after I sent multiple escalation emails and tweets to Amazon and LG (the ones I got from @skarthikeyan's response in this thread + an email list PM'ed by @Torq). Really thankful to everyone who helped out and chipped in with their thoughts.

While it all ended well after 3 weeks of suffering, I am pretty sure I will now use Reliance Digital or Croma for most of my big ticket purchases.
singleton is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks