Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2018, 17:20   #5626
BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post

I was in hunt for a good, economical & easy on maintenance split AC for my Hall.

After much confusion, finally settled for 1.5 Tons, 3 star Electrolux owing to its best European home appliance brand reputation.

While its too early to vouch about its quality completely after a months usage, but I feel this AC is best suited to my requirements.
It's been a year since we are using this AC and it's working perfectly fine without any issues.

I haven't faced any problem regarding regular services throughout the year.

I must admit that I'm pretty much impressed by the prompt response & good quality service from Electrolux till date.

Hope I can mention the same things about this product & Electrolux next year as well.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th March 2018 at 16:20. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 26th March 2018, 16:08   #5627
BHPian

Hi friends

I am looking to install a split ac in my bedroom which is approximately 175 sq. feet. I stay on the 9th floor and the building is about 13 storied.

Do advise if the same should be a inverter ac or one without inverter, knowing that the temperatures in summer range between 34-40 degree centigrade.

So far I am keen to buy from General Electric and Carrier, let me know what should be my approach?

Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 16:53   #5628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Hi friends

I am looking to install a split ac in my bedroom which is approximately 175 sq. feet. I stay on the 9th floor and the building is about 13 storied.

Do advise if the same should be a inverter ac or one without inverter, knowing that the temperatures in summer range between 34-40 degree centigrade.

So far I am keen to buy from General Electric and Carrier, let me know what should be my approach?

Thanks
A 1.5T inverter Ac will be ideal for your usage requirements and will suffice. The General Ac which is available is actually Fujitsu General (Not General Electric / GE). I would recommend Japanese brands first - Daikin, Hitachi, Fujitsu General
Old 26th March 2018, 18:23   #5629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
A 1.5T inverter Ac will be ideal for your usage requirements and will suffice. The General Ac which is available is actually Fujitsu General (Not General Electric / GE). I would recommend Japanese brands first - Daikin, Hitachi, Fujitsu General
How is Mitsubishi? Are they on par with Daikin?
Old 26th March 2018, 19:17   #5630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
How is Mitsubishi? Are they on par with Daikin?
Mitsubishi is also good but be aware that they are present as two separate brands and companies in India selling ACs. One of these companies (Mitsubishi heavy industries) sells high end Japanese ACs while the other (Mitsubishi Electric India) is selling India made ACs which are not all that great any more. Please take feedback from other users who have experienced first hand!

Last edited by Behemoth : 26th March 2018 at 19:23.
Old 26th March 2018, 20:48   #5631
Distinguished - BHPian

Are there any good foaming coil cleaners available in the market - which will just evaporate after dislodging dirt and mud and therefore dont need a rinse off with water?

Which brand?
Old 26th March 2018, 21:00   #5632
Senior - BHPian

Noob Question!

I have a 1.5T Blue Star window unit in my bedroom, installed in May 2017. I haven't done any 'maintenance' on it yet. Summer is here in Vellore again and I've started using the AC daily for around 8 hours.

Once the technician had called me (around 3 months) ago for a visit - I was too busy then and told him I'd call him back which I didn't. Should I be calling the technician back or shall I I just leave the AC as it is? There are no concerns regarding cooling.

Thanks in advance!
Old 26th March 2018, 21:56   #5633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Should I be calling the technician back or shall I I just leave the AC as it is?!
You should get it cleaned periodically as regularly as you can. This will increase the life of your device. As the filter gets clogged with dust, this dirt gets sucked into the fins (I believe is the name) making it more difficult to clean. This will reduce the cooling and also lead to higher electricity consumption etc. I get my split acs cleaned once in 4-5 months at least. Since yours is a window ac, you can clean the filters and fins yourself too. I would also refrain from allowing the ac mechanic from taking the unit out of its housing and washing it etc.
Old 26th March 2018, 22:11   #5634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mitsubishi is also good but be aware that they are present as two separate brands and companies in India selling ACs. One of these companies (Mitsubishi heavy industries) sells high end Japanese ACs while the other (Mitsubishi Electric India) is selling India made ACs which are not all that great any more ... ... ...
Whoops. Just bought one.

The dealer claims, though, that it is an imported unit.
Old 26th March 2018, 22:37   #5635
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mitsubishi is also good but be aware that they are present as two separate brands and companies in India selling ACs. One of these companies (Mitsubishi heavy industries) sells high end Japanese ACs while the other (Mitsubishi Electric India) is selling India made ACs which are not all that great any more. Please take feedback from other users who have experienced first hand!
Thanks. Will stick to Daikin then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Whoops. Just bought one.

Check the packaging . It will have the details. The indoor/outdoor units can also have details as to where it is made
Old 27th March 2018, 10:42   #5636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Are there any good foaming coil cleaners available in the market - which will just evaporate after dislodging dirt and mud and therefore dont need a rinse off with water?

Which brand?
No cleaner will do that. All have to be washed after they release the dirt from coils. What evaporates is a volatile solvent and that will leave a film of dirt on the fins anyway.
Old 27th March 2018, 10:48   #5637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
No cleaner will do that. All have to be washed after they release the dirt from coils. What evaporates is a volatile solvent and that will leave a film of dirt on the fins anyway.
Thanks Aroy. I was looking at this at a cheaper price: https://www.amazon.in/Foam-Coil-Clea...s=coil+cleaner

From the 1st review: The customer service rep explained I could use it on both the front and back fins and that because the foam dissolved on its own, I didn't need to rinse the air conditioner off afterwards (although she said I could rinse it if I wanted to.) She also said when the foam dissolves, it also dissolves the dirt, grime, grease, etc. and then evaporates all of it.

My primary use case is for both home/car AC's as well as the radiator fins on both my motorcycle and car.

Last edited by Red Liner : 27th March 2018 at 10:56.
Old 27th March 2018, 11:46   #5638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Whoops. Just bought one.

I am getting one as well for my parents room. It's an imported unit only. Yet to see a Heavy Industries unit anywhere where I have seen Mitsubishi. This includes big hotels as well. Check Sangeetha in Adyar. They have Mitsubishi as well.

7 machines are working in my sister's house for the past two years now. These are absolutely lovely ones with very less sound and great throw of air. I have one in my room too installed last year. Works 24/7 when I am in Chennai with zero fuss.

Don't be alarmed. You made a good decision.
Old 27th March 2018, 12:51   #5639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I would also refrain from allowing the ac mechanic from taking the unit out of its housing and washing it etc.
I am interested in knowing why this shouldn't be done. All my old AC's were wet washed once in a year in the AMC. However now I have Hitachi Window AC's, which haven't been removed for a wash ever( 3 years) and wanted to check why they shouldn't be.
We get a lot of Pigeon poop along with twigs planted on the rear side of the AC's.

People planning on Hitachi Window AC's, avoid them. We have 4 Kaze AC's and they have been nothing but trouble. The cooling is fine, but noisy as hell. The plastic frames have cracked and broken within a year of installing them. Fortunately, they cool perfectly and being 5 Starred, have reduced the electricity consumption significantly.
Old 27th March 2018, 12:56   #5640
Senior - BHPian

@Behemoth; I have had a bad experience with Daikin. Given their reputation I hope it is a one off, but there are reports of gas leaks in the system. These are too many to be neglected.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks