Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 23:07   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Yet again, my body is non-standard: I like the bedroom to be 28-30, and if it was 34 when I woke up I'd be in a sweat!

Whilst the Hitachi body follower sounds very clever, I wonder if it can be programmed to do the opposite? I do not like the draft from the AC blowing on me, just as I don't like a fan blowing directly on me.

Not only non-standard, but, I guess, very non-Indian: my wife likes to sit under a fan, she likes the AC to blow on her, and she likes it much cooler than I do. We have a very tough job working out a climate compromise in the bedroom!
Old 11th June 2009, 00:11   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Yet again, my body is non-standard: I like the bedroom to be 28-30, and if it was 34 when I woke up I'd be in a sweat!
I assume you are referring to the Hitachi Kaimin feature. I would be surprised if it doesn't have some logic built-in that would prevent the temperature to climb to 33 - 34degC. Without that, it should be okay for people who set the thermostat to ~24 degC, but not for people like you and me who set it to 28-30 degC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
Whilst the Hitachi body follower sounds very clever, I wonder if it can be programmed to do the opposite?
Why haven't I thought of that before? Initially I thought it might be a good feature but now that you mention it, Hitachi should probably include a reverse switch! I too hate the draught! Thad, we might have something in common there!
Old 11th June 2009, 15:56   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
my wife likes to sit under a fan, she likes the AC to blow on her, and she likes it much cooler than I do. We have a very tough job working out a climate compromise in the bedroom!
Dont worry, its a common gender issue ! I always hear my wife complaining that the room is too hot when I would be covering myself under a thick blanket. I always leave the temperature set at 25 (never allow her to touch the remote, or I would be frozen), rarely lower than that. Now it has started raining once a while here, so I open the window and avoid even the wall fan. My mom is not different too, she keeps the fan speed at 4 even if its raining ice around !
Old 16th June 2009, 11:58   #544
BHPian

I couldn't see any big discussion on career ACs in this thread, but that said,I'm happy that people ain't interested in this brand..
I have been using this split AC for 4yrs now, though I didn't replace any part yet, the entire experience is really bad..

The build quality is absolutely pathetic,whenever you try to remove the front panel of the indoor unit,you feel as if it's going to break, the plastic quality is absolutely miserable..The air filters are so delicate that even our 2yrs old kid can split it into pieces..The electricals are poorly package and they just fall when you remove the air filter,my mechanic has asked me to replace the fan capacitor since it has become weak..Coming to the out door unit, it started to corrode within weeks after installation and water seem to leak from all over the body..

When it comes to performance, this AC does a fair job, but then it never maintains an ideal temperature,it either over cools the room or under cools.
I have to wake up at least twice daily to reduce or increase the temperature, the auto cut off is not programmed properly..

Some people have mentioned career as second best to General and Hitachi, I would say this brand is not even in the league of Goodrej and Videocon leave alone LG and Samsung.

Never go for CAREER!!
Old 16th June 2009, 12:58   #545
Team-BHP Support

cliffhanger i think you have a fake carrier ac or did u mean carrier in the first place?
Old 16th June 2009, 13:42   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post

Never go for CAREER!!
You talking about carrier or career ?
Old 16th June 2009, 14:36   #547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Never go for CAREER!!
Most of us can't live on inheritance, we have to go for a Career.

Wait, I thought this was A/C thread. So, let's talk AC. Just month I got rid of Carrier Split AC from my bedroom and replaced it with Voltas Gold 2 ton. The Carrier split AC was sounding like a diesel engine, I could barely sleep under that racket. However, the Carrier Cassette AC in my office cabin is probably the most silent and efficient AC I have ever seen.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:45   #548
F50
Senior - BHPian

Yeah! I bought Voltas Vertis Gold 1.5T
Though the unit and the compressor are very big ( Unit - 3 feet long and compressor as big as Nano) cooling is good.

I would recommend this Split AC.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:16   #549
Senior - BHPian

huh? Why is it so big?? Or you were just speaking figuratively?
Old 17th June 2009, 08:37   #550
BHPian

I'm sorry guys for spelling it wrongly,mods kindly do the needful..It was actually meant to be 'Carrier'..And to tell you,I didn't exaggerate even a bit..There are a lot more issues with my AC,just to save the brand name of 'Carrier' who once gave some outstanding air conditioners,I'm not putting them here..
Old 17th June 2009, 10:21   #551
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
huh? Why is it so big?? Or you were just speaking figuratively?
No its actually that long! Looks huge but few days and you tend to get used to it.
Old 20th June 2009, 22:35   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
No its actually that long! Looks huge but few days and you tend to get used to it.
Just saw the 1.5T vertis gold and it was huuuuge. It was the biggest indoor unit in the whole store. Dad immediately said no ways we are getting that big a unit.

The Voltas Elite is 3 star compared to the gold 4 star but was half the size and cheaper.
Old 20th June 2009, 23:33   #553
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Just saw the 1.5T vertis gold and it was huuuuge. It was the biggest indoor unit in the whole store. Dad immediately said no ways we are getting that big a unit.
I recently got two 2T Vertis Gold, you think indoor unit is big, you should see the outdoor unit.
Old 21st June 2009, 15:56   #554
Team-BHP Support

Vid: Whats the problem with being big, if it helps in saving energy and cools well 1 ton external unit is also quite compact, its sits snug between 2 sun shades in my house.
Old 21st June 2009, 16:39   #555
BHPian

Need a new a/c

My bedroom's a/c has conked off after 7 years & i need to buy a new split unit. This time i want to go for a branded a/c. The size of my room is 14 1/2' x 18' x ceiling height 10 1/2' with French windows on two walls 7' wide x appox. 5 ft high & 3 doors. The present unit was an assembled 1.5T Unit. This time i'm keen on a Diakin Unit as i have heard they're 'supposedly' the best.

1. Is Diakin really that good?
2. The service engineer recommended the 1.8T for my room (model no. FT60F; Wall Mounted Non inverter type). Is this the correct configuration?
3. It coming to around 53,820 without bargaining, installation extra. Is the pricing ok?
4. Any other recommendations? Reputed ones preferred.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks