Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2017, 23:53   #5221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panesar7 View Post
Hi, guys any leads on a 1.5tn 3 star window AC using R-32.
I believe DaiKin uses R32 but unsure of recent prices.
Old 15th May 2017, 00:28   #5222
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Daikin does not make window ACs for our market.

Per latest info available with me, R32 is not used by any manufacturer in their window models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I believe DaiKin uses R32 but unsure of recent prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by panesar7 View Post
Hi, guys any leads on a 1.5tn 3 star window AC using R-32.
Old 15th May 2017, 20:29   #5223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Maybe the window AC was less accurate in controlling the temperature. A room temperature meter is the only way to find out the truth.
Sorry! Missed quoting your post. The window A/C might be wrong but the new one (if it is correct) must be giving the same effect be it night or day I suppose?

Anyway, found a quick fix. Started sleeping without a blanket at night. Sometimes these simple fixes are the only solution to a problem.

All temperature control nuisance aside, simply loving the quietness of the machine. The Whirlpool made a lot of noise as it's amount of air throw was higher than whatever I had seen till then in Window machines.
Old 16th May 2017, 08:03   #5224
Senior - BHPian

Is not R32 almost Daikin specific. afaik it is essentially the same as R410a except that the fire retardants are missing, But then I may be mistaken. Will someone clarify.
Old 17th May 2017, 01:25   #5225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Is not R32 almost Daikin specific. afaik it is essentially the same as R410a except that the fire retardants are missing, But then I may be mistaken. Will someone clarify.

From what I could read on various articles for R32 is that it is a better refrigerant than R410A and has better cooling performance with a lower environmental impact, however it is a bit more flammable.

I think Daikin is the only brand pushing the R32 in India
Old 17th May 2017, 17:18   #5226
Distinguished - BHPian

How are the Carrier AC's? Considering getting this: https://www.flipkart.com/carrier-1-2...it%25252520ACs

Their outdoor unit is shaped like a cylinder and supposedly more effective, is this a marketing gimmick or are these AC's actually good?

I am a fan of Mitsubishi Heavy Industry series and all my home and office AC's are only those. However, they are priced high and don't make sense for rooms that are sparingly used for few hours a day. Hence considering Carrier. Hope the difference between the two brands isn't large enough to get me disappointed.

Last edited by Sahil : 17th May 2017 at 17:25.
Old 17th May 2017, 18:49   #5227
Senior - BHPian

@Sahil; I think the shape makes the unit far more compact. Other things we will have to see. I guess their boffins have been at the design, so we should not have much to fear.
Old 17th May 2017, 22:38   #5228
BHPian

Fellow Bhpians,
Needed your advice regarding the cooling of the new office space we are currently getting ready. It is a hospital with a floor area of 15,000 sq. feet. I was planning to get inverter VRF central air conditioning for the entire place. Got quotes from Mitsubishi Electric and O General. Both have similar plan with a similar capacity of central plant. The issue is that O General's final quote is about 20% higher. I have been searching for reviews of both but haven't got anything concrete.
Any opinion regarding both the firms would be highly appreciated.
Personally I have had good experience with Mitsubishi Electric until now.

Regards.
Old 17th May 2017, 22:50   #5229
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Any opinion regarding both the firms would be highly appreciated.
Personally I have had good experience with Mitsubishi Electric until now.
I know someone who went with Trane Air-conditioning recently for a couple of their commercial spaces and was very happy with the results, you may want to consider that as well. Not sure how their presence and support is in your​ city/region.

Last edited by NPV : 17th May 2017 at 22:51.
Old 17th May 2017, 23:34   #5230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I know someone who went with Trane Air-conditioning recently for a couple of their commercial spaces and was very happy with the results, you may want to consider that as well. Not sure how their presence and support is in your​ city/region.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Trane has a sparse network in this region. Apparently servicing could have been an issue.
Old 18th May 2017, 08:32   #5231
Senior - BHPian

Checked out every option in the market, zeroed in and picked up Mitsubishi 0.80 Ton for my parents' tiny bedroom. The AC is great and really silent. But the company installation by Naveen and team was, what I consider, a huge botch up. They manhandled the poor machine. If you know any quality installation guys in Bengaluru, then this brand is a good choice.

Last edited by Sebring : 18th May 2017 at 08:33. Reason: mistake
Old 18th May 2017, 08:55   #5232
Team-BHP Support

Ended up buying LG as nothing else was available in inverter model in 1.0 tonne.

http://www.lg.com/in/split-ac/lg-JS-Q12APXD
Old 18th May 2017, 09:24   #5233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
How are the Carrier AC's? Considering getting this:

I have a Carrier Superia 1.5T inverter Ac for over 1.5 months. The cooling is fine. My bedroom is 14X10 and the top floor (dark tiled terrace floor, so you can imagine how hot it can get). The room gets cool in 10-15 mins and remains comfortably cool. Only downside is the sound level. In high mode, the sound is pretty high. In low mode, it is slightly low, but my Voltas inverter in another room is super silent. Installation was good too. They promptly came on the scheduled date did their job.

For this particular model (cyclojet)you have posted, there are many negative reviews on FK. Please check it before ordering.
Old 18th May 2017, 13:05   #5234
BHPian

I have a 14X14 feet bedroom to cool and have zeroed in on the following 1.5T inverter models.

Daikin FTKH50R (R32)
Blue Star CNHW18RAF (R410A)
Blue Star 3CNHW18CAFU (R410A)
Voltas 183VEY (R410A)

All in the 40-45K range. All 3 stars, I guess. Am leaning towards the Daikin but I have a soft side for Blue star and Voltas for being Indian.

Can anybody who has used these or similar models share your experiences?

Thanks!
Old 18th May 2017, 14:04   #5235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Daikin FTKH50R (R32)
... Am leaning towards the Daikin but I have a soft side for Blue star and Voltas for being Indian!
i have two Daikins non-inverter and both going strong for past 7 years. Have had to refill gas once on both till date. I do not believe in brand loyalty. Are they loyal to you? I just purchased a Samsung 590L side by side for 81k after using their 320L for about 19 years. It is not even a month and today the freezer section is not cooling. So frustrated:(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks