Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2016, 21:15   #4426
BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Observe the behavior of the indoor unit. If the behavior is consistent, then there is nothing to worry. If the blower motor refuses to spin up, without manual intervention via the remote, then there is a problem.
No, there is no delay provided in Panasonic AC, indoor unit blower starts immediately, it was not used for all winter and upon startup after many months, this behavior happened. I think it must have been jammed a bit, now it is running just fine.
Old 31st March 2016, 11:22   #4427
BHPian

We are looking to buy one 1 ton Inverter Split Air Conditioner and have shortlisted Trane (IN2) TSI12DS (only cooling) and (IN3) TSI12WXI-H ( Hot and Cold).

Justdial online shows the price of Rs.42155 and Rs.39600 respectively. Justdial itself is the seller and no other seller is listed. Promised delivery is within seven hours of placing the order. Cash on delivery available. Justdial says it comes with the Manufacturer's warranty and original invoice.

We are in a dilemma whether to place the order on Justdial or not since we do not have any idea how reliable is the online purchase on Justdial. We elicit other members' views on this.
Old 1st April 2016, 00:35   #4428
Senior - BHPian

Other members look forward to your experience with online purchase of the product

I personally would not buy this online but from a physical store that offers one stop solution right upto commissioning and after sales service thereafter. May take longer but at the end of the day there is no passing the buck when need arises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponmayilal View Post
We are in a dilemma whether to place the order on Justdial or not since we do not have any idea how reliable is the online purchase on Justdial. We elicit other members' views on this.
Old 1st April 2016, 00:43   #4429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I personally would not buy this online but from a physical store that offers one stop solution right upto commissioning and after sales service thereafter. May take longer but at the end of the day there is no passing the buck when need arises.
I do have exactly same opinion about buying these kind of stuffs online, though it is really tempting when we see the discounts sometimes. Btw, I do buy lots of stuffs from online. I recently brought a TV also. But, i would never buy something which requires installation and regular after sales service.
Please note that this is just my personal opinion and i may be wrong with my opinion also.
Old 1st April 2016, 08:03   #4430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponmayilal View Post
We elicit other members' views on this.
Trane India is a highly respected name in the commercial air conditioning business. You can't go wrong with the brand.

To start, I don't understand the need for a Hot and Cold unit. Those really cold days in Bangalore are long gone. Unless off course, your family does find winters cold.

As a couple of other FM's have said, I'd be careful with buying on line. Just Dial does not inspire much confidence. I will probably be more comfortable with bigger names in the business like Amazon. However; do check with Trane India if warranty is valid for an on line purchase. I'd take this down in writing.

Another suggestion is to take a quotation from a dealer and ask them if they can match the on line price or come close to it. I'd stick to a dealer even if the price is a little more than on line. You know for sure that you can always go back to them for any issues. With on line, you are left with the manufacturer.
Old 1st April 2016, 08:59   #4431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post

I do have exactly same opinion about buying these kind of stuffs online, though it is really tempting when we see the discounts sometimes. Btw, I do buy lots of stuffs from online. I recently brought a TV also. But, i would never buy something which requires installation and regular after sales service.
Please note that this is just my personal opinion and i may be wrong with my opinion also.
The service /installation is handled by the service guys. And they get paid to offer service. Even if you buy from a physical showroom they will forward your purchase to the service agency, just like the online stores do. Unless the same shop is handling sales/service (rare).

I have purchased a washing machine and air conditioning units online and faced no problems with service /installation.
Old 1st April 2016, 14:28   #4432
BHPian

Thanks for all the opinions on the issue. On the Trane's website, a chat window is always open and one can chat. But they just give general guidance and information like MRP, the authorised dealers etc. We had contacted an authorised dealer near us, but he did not respond at all. Another dealer redirected us to some other dealer in Infantry Road (not an authorised dealer). Trane is not available in any brick and mortar store. When we expressed our difficulty in the chat, the associate asked us to call the Smart Service Customer Service No. The lady there asked me to contact the Trane Representative in Bangalore and that he would be able to sort out the issue. The Trane representative told us that due to financial year ending many models are out of stock and we may have to perhaps wait for a few more days. When we brought to his notice that Justdial is promising a 7 hour delivery of the cool only model IN2 TSI12DS @Rs. 42155 ( MRP 42500) and the Hot and Cool model IN3 TSI 12DWXI-H @ Rs.39600 ( MRP 43500) he was skeptical but said go ahead and buy. If we get it as promised well and good and he will ensure installation and warranty. So immediately I placed the order for the Cool and Hot model with the offer price less than that of the cool only model and forwarded the SMS received by me confirming the order to him. Will Justdial deliver? Even if we receive it tomorrow that is OK. We are now keeping our fingers crossed .

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 1st April 2016 at 14:34.
Old 1st April 2016, 15:51   #4433
BHPian

Within one hour of placing the order, Just Dial contacted us to tell that they had contacted various dealers and the item is not in stock. Asked why they are putting it on the website, they said they are only aggregators. No answer why then they are showing themselves as the seller ( There are no other sellers listed other than JD under the sellers list) and listing it. So there ends the story. And our search for Trane continues .

A false and misleading listing by JustDial that is what it amounts to:

The home / office air-conditioner thread-01042016-155420.jpg

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 1st April 2016 at 15:58.
Old 2nd April 2016, 11:03   #4434
BHPian

Looking for a 1.5 ton split AC unit which will not be used for more than 4 hours/day. Visited a couple of stores yesterday and saw Videocon, LG, Daikin, Blue star - all 3 star power rating units, except Videocon which was 5 star, prices are almost same with Videocon costing approximately 30k and the other 3 brands costing around 32-34k.

I am more inclined towards LG since we have 2 LG units which are now 5 years old and have been working perfectly.

What are the other options that can be considered?

Also, price of Daikin is almost the same as LG, so does it make sense to go for Daikin over LG?
Old 2nd April 2016, 12:18   #4435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
LG?
I saw Sansui 1.5 ton, 5* for 26490/- on Flipkart. Demo & installation extra. Only FYI.
Old 3rd April 2016, 20:04   #4436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I have to withdraw my recommendations for Sharp and their Chennai customer service. We are still waiting for the guys to get and fix a replacement motor. Because the thing works, we forget to hassle them, but still, the need is there.

Next time, I will try Panasonic. That was going to be this Spring, but after the considerable expenses caused by the flood, I will have to eek out another year from our old Samsung, even if that means another gas fill and putting up with it's now-very-noisy indoor motor.

Hi, I have had similar experiences with Sharp inverter ACs. Unfortunately we have 5 of them, all 1.5 tons. One was the previous version to the current 'facelifted' version. It needed a condensor replacement at around 14 months and was finallly disposed of at the 2 year mark because it had conked off again and needed expensive repairs. No one even wanted to take it for free.
Because it was running well and saving electricity, we bought 4 more for our newly renovated house. Out of those, one has needed a condensor replacement and another has needed condensor + internal cooling coil replacement, in between the 1.5 to 2 year mark. Expensive affairs and not covered under the AMC extended warranty but managed to work something out with the higher ups.
These two are used daily, the other two very infrequently so nothing cropped up with them yet.
While they are running they are great, but overall cost a bomb for repairs due to poor build quality.
Biggest problem is spares are not available in the market and you only get them from Sharp.

Overall I would not recommend them. You will have to hear stupid excuses that you live in corrosive coastal environment so it will fail only at the 1.5 year mark.

I need to buy a 2 ton AC for the office. Planning to stick with 5 star and not inverter type. Want Copper coil no aluminium. Any recommendations on whats good bang for buck ? It will be in a dusty environment both indoors and outside so both indoor and outside units need to be rock solid
Old 3rd April 2016, 21:09   #4437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Also, price of Daikin is almost the same as LG, so does it make sense to go for Daikin over LG?
I say no. Daikin will fleece you over the next few months, which LG will not.
Isn't it a very telling thing that Daikin has come 'down' from its high perch a couple of years ago to the so-called bargain basement level of LG?! Believe me, Indians are not fools. Daikin will meet their fate if they haven't already.

Last edited by anupmathur : 3rd April 2016 at 21:11.
Old 3rd April 2016, 22:48   #4438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Biggest problem is spares are not available in the market and you only get them from Sharp.
Bigger biggest problem is that spares are not even available from Sharp.

Sharp AC is just a bad joke. I am sorry you suffered too. Well, you and I certainly know what we won't be buying next time.

I'm sorry you bought multiple units. I was tempted to buy a second one, and I am now so glad that I didn't.

I think everybody here has got the message, but one more time for Google's sake:

Sharp AC seems great at first, but doesn't last and the customer service is way beyond bad. Don't buy sharp.

Old 4th April 2016, 02:30   #4439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Bigger biggest problem is that spares are not even available from Sharp.

Sharp AC is just a bad joke. I am sorry you suffered too. Well, you and I certainly know what we won't be buying next time.

I'm sorry you bought multiple units. I was tempted to buy a second one, and I am now so glad that I didn't.

I think everybody here has got the message, but one more time for Google's sake:

Sharp AC seems great at first, but doesn't last and the customer service is way beyond bad. Don't buy sharp.

Yup I bought multiple units after the first one was giving good results + deal on buying 4 together + it was the cheapest inverter AC on the market.
One review on an Indian tech website was the main reason the first unit was purchased, giving lots of info on inverter tech and on the merits of Sharps AC. Im guessing it might have been a marketing ploy.

BTW anyone got any reviews on Mitsubishi ELECTRIC vs Mitsubishi HEAVY INDUSTRIES ACs ? Reviews on individual quality as well as one vs the other are a bit mixed and info on service from either in Mumbai/India is lacking
Old 4th April 2016, 03:06   #4440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
One review on an Indian tech website was the main reason the first unit was purchased, giving lots of info on inverter tech and on the merits of Sharps AC. Im guessing it might have been a marketing ploy.
Yes, we linked to that here. Maybe even I did: I was very enthusiastic for the brand.

I don't rule out that it was all true, in the reviewer's experience at the time. It may be true that the company had the best intentions. I wonder what happened?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks