Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 15:51   #4321
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

@kavansri; At the end of the day Inverters are more efficient. Also, try and make sure you get a R410a model. Daikin are also pushing their own R32 which is the same as R410a minus the fire retardants.
Old 9th March 2016, 15:58   #4322
BHPian

Planning to buy "Hitachi kashikoi 5400i tropical inverter AC", will be replacing the "Follow Me" model currently in my bedroom. Does anyone have any experience / info on it? It says the AC has a tropical compressor which can work effectively till 52 deg c ambient temperature, not sure how far it is true. Any other recommendations for Chennai?
Old 9th March 2016, 16:50   #4323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
We are still fighting to get our Sharp AC fixed.
Any updates on this? Hope you get the AC fixed asap.

--Anoop
Old 9th March 2016, 19:12   #4324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Any updates on this? Hope you get the AC fixed asap.
Nope. If the machine had actually failed, we'd be on the phone every day, but as it is working, but we have to keep the fan speed high, we get used to it, and forget to chase them. Last news was that the local maintenance company was trying to get a result by talking to higher-ups in Sharp

Old 10th March 2016, 11:34   #4325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Nope. If the machine had actually failed, we'd be on the phone every day, but as it is working, but we have to keep the fan speed high, we get used to it, and forget to chase them. Last news was that the local maintenance company was trying to get a result by talking to higher-ups in Sharp

Ouch! that is quiet sad, coming from a company like Sharp. I have a Sharp unit and one of the main reasons I brought the unit was the belief that the customer service will be better - keeping an eye on this thread and hoping that they will fix the problem asap.

--Anoop
Old 11th March 2016, 06:53   #4326
NGM
BHPian

Can someone provide feedback about Mitsubishi air conditioner. I know it will be difficult to get service from them, but how about the quality?
Old 11th March 2016, 13:06   #4327

Has anybody checked out the Hitachi KASHIKOI 5400I (RAU512CWEA). It probably has the highest EER - 5.7 and BEE seems to have finally started star rating inverter ACs too. Like refrigerators, the metrics are different - energy consumed in kWh for 1600 hours, with other testing conditions. This Hitachi consumes 492 units for 1600 hours which is pretty low for the industry standard. Why is Hitachi not advertising such a low power consumption? Even on their site, it is not highlighted. The Koreans would have killed for this publicity, considering their zeal with Virus Doctors and Mosquito Away gimmicks. I found this on BijliBachao site, am not sure if I can put the link or not - https://www.bijlibachao.com/top-ten-...-in-india.html
Old 13th March 2016, 22:20   #4328

Any views on Voltas service? Voltas has a warranty of 1+4 years (not incl labour and gas). Am getting a good deal on Voltas ACs. But the warranty is no good without a good service network.
Old 14th March 2016, 10:05   #4329
BHPian

Dear All,

Looking for a 1 ton 5 star or 3 star ac. Need feedback about Carrier. How is the performance ? Is it silent? Was thinking to go with Daikin, but seeing negative feedback about the maintenance cost, now looking for other brands. Experts , pls help.

What abt Panasonic and Samsung?

Regards,
Gopi
Old 14th March 2016, 10:34   #4330
Senior - BHPian

The 1 Ton Samsung split AC in my dad's room needs a gas charge according to the technician. It was charged last year but was not used for the winter. He says if we top up gas it may last this summer, but the best thing is to replace the aluminium coils with copper ones, and will cost about Rs 8.5k. AC is five years old.

The 9 year old window unit of the same brand in my room is still going strong, but he says it has copper coils. According to him the only brands coming with copper coils are General and Daikin. Is that true?

Will it be worth repairing the split AC?

Last edited by Gansan : 14th March 2016 at 10:59.
Old 14th March 2016, 11:07   #4331
BHPian

After bit of research, i have finalized 3 ACs:
1. Voltas DYa 1 ton Inverter AC with copper condenser and R410a. Noise level 40db. Cost 36k + Installation extra
2. Bluestar CNHW12CFA 1 ton inverter AC with copper condenser and R410a. Noise level 40db. Cost 36k + installation extra
3. Trane (by Ingersoll Rand) 1 ton inverter AC with copper condenser and R410a. Noise level 30db. Cost 40k + installation extra

One of my neighbour and good friend has Dealership of Trane brand. He has installed 5 ACs already in my society. All have good things to say about it.
Noise level is also impressive in comparison to Voltas & Bluestar
It's remote is really nice like credit card. It's called interactive remote with color display.

Let me know what you guys think of these choices.
Old 14th March 2016, 11:46   #4332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_madness View Post
Has anybody checked out the Hitachi KASHIKOI 5400I (RAU512CWEA). It probably has the highest EER - 5.7 and BEE seems to have finally started star rating inverter ACs too.
@su_madness

Even I am interested in the above model, but seems like it is a new entrant and no one has reviewed one yet. Saw the model in person, looks quite good but my criteria was the tropical inverter compressor, which can work effectively even in 52 deg C max ambient temperature. Also checking out the OGeneral line of inverter ACs, but they are normal ones with the max ambient operating temperature being 46 deg C.
Old 18th March 2016, 10:23   #4333
BHPian

After contemplating between 'Daikin Inverter' and 'Mitsubishi 5-star' models, finally i have decided to go ahead with Mitsubishi one. Couple of reasons for me to go with Mitsubishi:
1) They are still imported from Thailand, compared to Indian manufactured Daikin (this is what was told by the sales person)
2) They super silent compared to Daikin.
So, both the above factors made me to go with Mitsubishi. The model that I have finalized is MS-GK13VA (http://www.mitsubishielectric.in/air...-hk-series.php).

I have one query regarding the stabilizer. The dealer is quoting Rs2000 per unit. Is this price reasonable? If not, can i buy online for a lesser price and use it? any suggestions?
Old 18th March 2016, 11:28   #4334
BHPian

After much consideration and research bought Hitachi 1.2 Tons 5 Star Split AC Silver(RAU514HWDS). Got 2.5K off on flipkart, placed the order last night at 8:30 and got it delivered this morning at 10AM. Awaiting the installation.
Old 18th March 2016, 11:29   #4335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post

I have one query regarding the stabilizer. The dealer is quoting Rs2000 per unit. Is this price reasonable?
almost certainly you will get it cheaper outside. There are AC specific shops or the electronic market where it is a lot lesser than the dealer. Further if you have your older stabilizer you should be able to use the same. My stabilizers have outlived atleast one AC by now and have not had to purchase one in the past 5-8 years!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks